“Really fatty roast beef sandwiches” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kelly's Roast Beef

Kelly's Roast Beef
Ranked #7 of 110 Restaurants in Saugus
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Melrose
“Really fatty roast beef sandwiches”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had two large roast beef sandwiches & ended up pitching a good chunk of each because the meat was so fatty. It was very disappointing.

• Visited January 2013

• Thai first
North of Boston
“Classic still has it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Okay put the diet on hold. Order th LARGE roast beef (or the clams) and got to have some fries. And take them to your car, or out by the water. Enjoy!

Visited May 2012
Saugus, Massachusetts
“The Absolute Best Sandwich, Salad, Clam Plate, Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Kellys....who doesn't remember Kelly's down in Revere Beach. I basically lived there the Summer of 74.....now I am fortunate enough to live right down the street. I go to Kelly's at least once a week and whether it is a lobster roll or roast beef sandwich, the quality of the food is second to none...none I say.....recently, I've been having their Greek Chicken Salad and I have never had a salad with more crispy, fresh ingredients and the dressing is also delicious. The staff are friendly and I always look forward to going to Kelly's for lunch....

Visited December 2012
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Overpriced for Food Quality and Quantity”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I hadn't been to Kelly's for years but was out shopping with a friend a few weeks ago and decided to give them a try. I remembered why I rarely went once I saw their prices. Yikes! They are seriously overpriced for what you're getting. My friend had two children with her and spent over $40 for food they downed in minutes. The interior is nice and there wasn't a crowd so we got a good seat and didn't wait too long in line for the food. I didn't think my clam chowder tasted very good; it tasted like it had been sitting out and then popped in the microwave and warmed up. I don't think I'll go there again as there are so many better options in the area.

• Visited October 2012
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Service Fail - food average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Have been to Kelly's a number of times, but this latest visit was a disappointment. You order at the counter, receive a number to place on the table and a server roams the restaurant to deliver your order. chaos. Our server never found us. After waiting almost 30 min, I went back to the register and our order was nowhere to be found. A server eventually brought the order to the counter, but the food was cold. I gave up. The best part of a hot roast beef sandwich is that it's supposed to be hot!! Spoke with a manger and got a refund and took a pass on the cold food they tried to serve. Needless to say, I won't be a repeat customer again. The delivery system in a large place like Kelly's on route 1 is inefficient and completely unnecessary. From past visits, the roast beef has been good. Only reason I haven't rated this as terrible!

Been to Kelly's Roast Beef? Share your experiences!