“Always delicious!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is the only place I will get sushi in Saugus. The are always fresh and service is always great! Never had a bad experience

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Restaurant decor very japanese with exposed wood and tatami room (if you desire). Greeted by server with warm washcloth, haven't seen that since eating sushi in Gardena, CA.
Service a little aggressive, didn't seem to understand that patrons with menus open haven't decided to order yet.
Food quality good, sushi portions smaller than I would have expected (about 3/4 size based on diameter of maki rolls and # of pieces).

Reviewed August 6, 2011

The food was fine, not great, not horrible. Mediocre. Skimpy portions for a sashimi deluxe compared to that of other Japanese restaurants. Nonetheless, it would have been difficult for me to enjoy after I was misled by the server. When she took our drink order, I ordered just water. She asked if the kids would like Japanese soda. I said no thank you. The kids heard her offer and asked if they could have it. I said no. I reminded them that I didn't want them to drink so much sugar with their dinner. The waitress, who heard my response, insisted that the Japanese soda does not have much sugar in it. She insisted with, "trust me - the Japanese soda does not have much sugar, really, trust me." I took a sip after my kids had some, was startled by its sweetness and then looked at the label. It had 26 grams of sugar (that is over 6 teaspoons of sugar per bottle). When I told the waitress that I felt misled, also I reminded her that she encouraged me to trust her. I reminded her that she said that there wasn't much sugar. She replied that there is not . . . compared to American soda. That is just not true. The Japanese bottle was indeed smaller than a typical American can, but the percentage of sugar contained in an American can is about the same percentage of sugar in the Japanese bottle.
I told her that comparison and that if I were told the truth I would not have ordered the soda as she heard me inisist that I didn't want my children drinking sugar. She apologized but did not offer to take it off the bill. I spilled a little of the soda out just to keep it all from going into my kids who became addicted to it immediately.
When I complained to a man who asked if everything was okay earlier, I told him my grievance. He apologized for his mom who was the waitress. He claimed she is a traditional Japanese woman and "with no offense . . . does not understand such American health problems" because they don't have to live with that in Japan. I pointed out that his mom knew enough to tell me that the soda had very little sugar. He apologized again, but did not offer to remove it from the bill. His mom came over and said that she offered for me to try some. She did say that I should try some. Then she went on to imply that if I didn't like it, I could have returned it. She never mentioned that part to me at the table. As soon as I tried it, after my children tried it when the bottles were still pretty full, I told her my disappointment. She said that she was sorry I was upset, but took no action to correct the situation.
The sad thing is that my daughter loves green tea ice cream which we usually order at the end of such meals. Unfortunately, due to the dishonesty of the server, my daughter "drank" her dessert and had to do without the sugar treat she really enjoys. They upsold the drinks ($3.00 each - same as the green tea ice cream) at the expense of the truth . . . and everyone lost out.

2  Thank bostonsooners
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Disappointment. The reviews are great... We went on a Tuesday night and the fish was old, dark and falling apart.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

My sister and I have eaten in many Japanese restaurants...this was as good as any we've ever been to. A small intimate place, all servers in Japanese attire...atmosphere wonderful...food exceptional and the Sake was a plus!
For romance or just great dining, this is the place!