“Very good mexican food!”
Review of Border Cafe

Border Cafe
Ranked #9 of 112 Restaurants in Saugus
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Love the cocktails and the whole atmosphere!very tasty guacamole and salads!large portions and friendly staff!

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Authentic Mexican cuisine for reasonable prices. The chips are freshly made and scrumptious! Fajitas are always a best bet. Chimichangas are also a treat. If your looking for food on the lighter side they have an amazing blackened salmon salad. Only drawback is that the restaurant can be very loud. And drinks are not very strong. Try it out today.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Border Cafe has never disappointed. The beer is always ice cold and the chips and salsa are tasty and free. The Tejas chicken appetizer is the star of the app menu. My only complaint is that the four pieces are never enough. The Jim Bowie filet mignon is by far the best entree. It's comes with fries, but I always ask for rice and beans instead. It's really a delicious meal. Fajitas are fresh, tasty and delicious. The wait staff is always top notch. It's noisy atmosphere is part of its charm. I found it humorous that other people complained about the noise level. It's a Mexican restaurant!!!!! They're supposed to be loud and chaotic. I also saw that a person complained about a salad. Who goes to a tex-mex restaurant and orders a salad?? The place is consistently awesome and you always leave with a full stomach and not an empty wallet.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is one of my husband's favorite places so he was thrilled that we were going for a late lunch yesterday! As always, they did not disappoint! The margaritas are made to order and delicious. They also immediately bring salsa and hot wonderfully crispy chips to you while you scan the menu. They will also bring you more of both without charge!

My husband always orders the blackened chicken which is nicely spicy and moist on the inside. I ordered the blackened chicken faitas that were served with carmelized onions, sour cream, a fresh pico, black beans and rice...all Yummy! their jambalya is also delicious but we didn't have that yesterday.

The service is personal and outstanding and the prices are amazingly reasonable....we had 3 margaritas between us, two helpings of chips and salsa and two main dishes and the bill was about 50.00 before tip....if you haven't been yet...GO!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I sat at the bar on a busy Saturday night because the wait was too long. I realized after we ate there why there was such a long wait. The food is great and the prices even better. Our bartender, Luba, treated us like we were regular Sat. night customers who stopped by to pay a visit. She was so friendly and answered our many questions as if she had never heard them before. She never rushed us even though there were people waiting to sit at the bar. She recommended an appetizer that was excellent. We will go back!