“The quality of this restaraunt seems to have gone way downhill over the past 20 years.”
Review of Hilltop Steak House - CLOSED

Hilltop Steak House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2009

1 Thank Karen-LeeSWoburn

Southeast
“Perhaps the other reviews were correct.”
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I've driven by this restaurant on a business trip and subsequently saw it featured on "Steak Paradise" on the Travel Channel. Business took me back to the Boston area, so I decided to give it a try. I was disappointed.

I ordered the 16 oz boneless sirloin. Word of caution - consult with your server about exactly how you want your steak prepared. "Medium" resulted in a slightly pink steak with charring on the edges. Fortunately, the efficient server directed me towards Medium instead of my usual Medium Well to achieve this level of doneness.

That being said, the steak really had no taste, other than the taste of charring along the edges. The mushroom gravy and onion rings were also very bland.

The service was good. So were the rolls. The decor was pretty good, but not enough to make up for the meal.

Admittedly, I did not order one of their more expensive cuts of steak. However, this was far from the consistent quality that I have found at some chain steak houses - notably Texas Roadhouse - for the same cut of steak.

1 Thank Wandering_Lurch
“Quality has slowly deteriorated over the years. Even the steaks are uninspired. So sad!”
Reviewed January 13, 2009

1 Thank WakefieldPoppy
Tampa, Florida
“Not as good as it once was.”
Reviewed December 17, 2008

Fifteen years ago, you had to wait for a table. When I went last week-- I was forced to sit in the bar because the dining rooms were all closed. The service and quality of food is not the same as it once was. My dining experience was a huge disappointment. I will not return. I could get a better steak at Outback.

1 Thank goo0325
puerto rico
“ask for wyann”
Reviewed September 21, 2008

a most go even if you are not visiting the area. good beer good food good service. ask for wyann to serve you

1 Thank papo55