“Mixed feelings....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rosaria

Rosaria
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 110 Restaurants in Saugus
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Mixed feelings....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stopped in for an early dinner and were immediately taken by the lush staircase, beautiful light fixtures, ornate woodwork, etc. the dining room and bar are absolutely lovely, as is the outdoor patio, which overlooks a nicely landscaped ledge. We ordered drinks (beer for my husband, a cocktail for me), which came quickly, though my husband was not offered a glass for his beer. After looking over the menu, we decided to opt out of appetizers and just ordered entrees. This is where the problems began. We waited FORTY FIVE minutes for our dinner. If we could have found our server, we'd have just paid for the drinks & left. When they finally were brought to us I said something like "we thought you'd gotten lost" and she replied "No, it wasn't me, it definitely wasn't me" No apologies for the wait. Just dropped off the plates and vaporized. The good news is that my dish, Pappardelle with mushrooms and braised short rib ragout, was fabulous. My husband had the pork chop with peppers, which one would expect to have a vinegary zing, but instead was sweet. The prices are what you'd expect to find in the city, not the suburbs. Will we come back? Hard to say. It was just so beautiful in there, I want to give it another chance. I really want it to be good! But we work hard for our money, and I can think of a dozen other restaurants I'd rather spend it in.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bellanonna2

Winthrop, Massachusetts, United States
“date night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

went for early supper got the bone in prime rib (2) of them ,oysters on the half for app.all good got the sweet potato and asparigas for sides ,food was very good the third round of drinks was hard to get as our server was no where to be found and the price hurt the wallet its saugus not boston i think it was to much for the area and items we got

• Visited June 2014
Lynn, Massachusetts
“Only one chance at a first impression”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

First time visit on a groupon. Small number of patrons on a weekday. Ordered a low priced bottle of wine and was told not in stock but could substitute a little more expensive one if we liked. Wife found a small gnat floating in her glass and was told it was that time of year and given a new glass. Each ordered Filet with Lobster and each asked for Filet medium. Soon told only enough lobster for one dinner (3 oz?) and could substitute Shrimp. Filets overcooked and came out cooked medium well. In the end we couldn't get the wine we asked for, could only get one of the dinners we asked for and didn't get dinner cooked as requested but did get the extra bug in the wine. Good first impression?

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dotboy3088
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Meal OK, Disappointing service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Used a Groupon for dinner .. we noticed most of the diners around us were also using a Groupon. Dining room is very attractive, beautiful woodwork. Reminded us of Capital Grill...but that's were the similarities ended! Our waiter was not attentive and disappeared too many times to count. We arrived at 6:30 and finally our meal ended at 8:30. we were not asked if we wanted anything to drink. I finally asked for an ice tea to have the waiter take the order, leave the table and then come back 5 minutes later to tell us they do not offer ice tea he was confused because it is offered in the "other" place he worked! Had to wait another 5 minutes for my diet coke. We had to ask for bread plates. Food .. Salad was very good, Dinner---Steaks were flavorful, however mine was RAW and COLD in the middle .. had to send it back twice. Husband's steak was cooked OK .. he finished his dinner before I started eating mine. The one side, and square of twice baked potato was tasteless and cold. Dessert - The bread pudding and cannoli were very good. We were offered an after dinner drink on the house for the steak issue, however we don't drink so I asked for a cup of coffee, which I was served, but never offered a refill. This could have been a nice dining experience, but the poor service had us rolling our eyes and waiting long stretches between courses and wondering where the heck our waiter was. In fact, the person who took my steak back twice wasn't even our waiter..I have no idea who she was. We paid 65 for the groupon....the dinner was probably worth about that much, so it really didn't end up being a savings for us. If you are going to try to be a steakhouse like the Capital Grill or Davio's it is very important to also have trained and professional staff.... We will not be returning.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank pall48
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great Food, Atmosphere and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Large portions--share the salad, you need to leave room for your entree. Steak (New York Sirloin) cooked perfectly. Sides are not that expensive but I think a potato or vegetable should come with a steak that you are paying $47 for. Dessert was also excellent. Service was fantastic. Highly recommend this steak house but know going in that the best steaks are expensive and everything is a la carte. Clean and nicely decorated--great atmosphere and easy to get to. Will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Rosaria? Share your experiences!