“nice restaurant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

this is next door to the hotel. it has a bar and they also do take-out. the workers were very friendly

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Kowloon is a very nostalgic restaurant for me. I grew up in a nearby town and always remember going there over the years. The rehearsal dinner for my wedding was even held here. My grandfather really enjoys Kowloon so while I was visiting him in the area we decided to stop to get something for lunch.
I love that for they offer lunch plate options and even an option to create your own. I tend to be picky about my Chinese food and prefer it a certain way. I decided on a lunch plate consisting of chicken fingers, pork fried rice, crab rangoon and boneless spare ribs. My mother and grandfather also made their own combination. We were given water and tea while we waited for our food. We sat next to the water fountain and the interior brought me right back to the old days.
I found the food to be average. I've always thought that the chuncks of onion in their fried rice to be excessive and I personally don't like their chicken and broccoli which is served in a white sauce. I prefer a brown sauce. I chalk this up to personal preference because my mother and grandfather seem to genuinely enjoy the food.
Overall it was fun to stop at a place so well visited by my family over the years. The lunch was fairly inexpensive and there was plenty to take home.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The interior of this restaurant is amazing. It is decorated like an old 1950's Tiki Bar. I saw many, many amazing dishes coming out - they really out do themselves with the presentation. As impressed as I was by the atmosphere and presentation, the food was very mediocre. I ordered a combination appetizer plate, and the House Special Noodles. Everything was extremely fresh, but lacked any seasoning. I probably would not eat here again.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I heard about this restaurant and I wasn't really impressed. The place is big and can take lot of people so it's easy to get a sit right away; it's also really noisy and the decoration are outdated. The service is ok, not the best one. My husband ordered one of the house specialty drink and it was awful; only one sip and I gave up. We had the assortment of appetizer to share: the ribs and the fried shrimp were fine but not hot (not even warm) like the platter was already made and sitting there, ready to be serve. But the low mein was fresh made, hot and good. They had a live band for the music but if you're looking for something romantic, this is the last place to go.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Service is HORRIBLE.....food disgusting bordering on inedible! Drive right on by and go instead to Tiki Island on Middlesex Ave in Medford or Bali Hai in Lyynfield...you'll pay much less for better food and the service will be a hundred times better!

2  Thank Ann B