“Keep On Driving By!!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have visited the Kowloon months ago, and recently my company got food delivered for a X-mas party and both times, it was terrible, the worst thing, is that when I was a kid going w/ my Mom, it was terrific, now, any meat you order is absolute fatty and you can't even eat it, it's nearly inedible. I think Kowloon has been so focused on expanding, that they forgot to take care of the quality of their food!!!!!!!!!!!! The day we ordered for our company party, some of the food was forgotten to be put in the bag, and we had to call, the woman was rude to us on the phone. Customer Service and the food are both lousy, maybe the atmosphere is enticing, but that's really about it anymore for this dinosaur of a "seen better days" restaurant.

5  Thank Lisa G

Reviewed December 22, 2012

A fun place with ambiance that's a throwback to the old Chinese restaurants of the 1950s and '60s. Lots of tropical decor, mood lighting, waterfalls, and oldies playing on the sound system. The food's not bad either. Hubby loves their bone-in ribs, and I'm partial to Kung Pow Chicken. Good lunch specials too. We spent $21 with tip and were stuffed. Yummy!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I haven't had the pleasure of having decent Chinese food since I moved to San Diego 30 years ago, but every time I came back here to visit, I would make the Kowloon one of my first stops....lucky for me I moved back to Saugus in August and since then I have been inside the restaurant (I prefer a romantic booth by the water) and have had a wonderful mai tai cocktail, heavy on the mai tai and absolutely wonderful meal.....and they delivery and have sushi now....thank God some things never change

1  Thank secretangel007
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Needs to get into at least the 1980's and not be stuck in the 1960's . Oh I forgot this is 2012 . Knock it down start all over again with a new chef and menu . Management believes if it ain't broke don't fix it . The carpet and rest rooms are dirty and have a funky smell . Do yourself a favor do not stop in but keep on driving north on Route 1 in Saugus .

3  Thank OlderM
Reviewed November 15, 2012

On a recent trip to the Boston area, we drove past Kowloon several times, noting how crowded it was. We decided to give it a try one evening. It was mobbed. The hostesses did not seem to be able to find us a table, only an uncomfortable booth. I said I was not comfortable and needed a table. She finally found us one near a waiter's station.

The enormous menu had very little that did not appear to be greasy and fried. Of course, this is what some people want. I settled on moo goo gai pan. The waiter asked if I wanted to add rice.
"Add rice?" I asked. "Doesn't rice come with entrees?" "Rice extra," he said, smiling. At that point we decided to leave. I have only heard of one other Chinese restaurant that charges extra for rice--an overpriced, overrated chain.

The dishes I saw being served looked greasy and unappetizing. The noise level was deafening. Definitely not a relaxing place or one where you could easily find a healthy menu choice..

3  Thank Pennfield