“good local italian fare....family run”
Review of La Vita Mia

La Vita Mia
Ranked #11 of 113 Restaurants in Saugus
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

good and ample portions served by members of the family....very local flair in unpretentious location in a strip mall between convenience store and dunkin donuts.....large portions

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food here is good, but I still like their original location (also in a strip mall). Just my preference.

When you come don't expect to get a professional well trained wait staff. These are guys and gals that are probably family and\or friends that have been there for years and will be there for more. They are not that polished. It is part of the charm but I would have liked it better if they were more professional.

In any case, the food is good to great. The portions are generous and the price is reasonable.

What can I say. If I was local to the area I would probably eat there 2 times a week. With the left overs I can get an additional meal per visit.

Once you find the place it will be easy to get to. Just remember its across from the Police Department.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been to La Vita Mia on three separate occassions, and each time was as good as the first. Each meal, from appetizer to entry is made to order -- no pre-made food leaves the kitchen. So while you may wait a few extra minutes between courses, there is no doubt that it will be definitely worth the wait. The wait staff is very attentive without being "hovering." But make no doubt, while service and atmosphere is good, the food is OUTSTANDING and definitely is the star of this establishment. I could list the three different meals I had, but it would be pointless. Each time I was with a party of four, all ordering a different meal. Each time we spent hours raving about how good it was. . . I can't wait to visit again. and I WILL visit again and again.

1  Thank Postman58
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Greay staff. Great value. It can begreat for family friends or a romantic place to eat. The atmosphere although is geared for friends and family but the good is so wworth it. On the top ten to tweenty on the north shore and it beats out anything in east boston and is better than most in thr north end for food quality.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love the Bar and the staff . Food is good. Atmosphere is nice. Portions are normal size. Great for family get togethers or special occasions .