“They went out of their way to help with every detail.”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Maine
“They went out of their way to help with every detail.”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

As coordinator of an afterschool program in northern Maine, we have been fortunate to be invited to a Red Sox game and most recently, a Boston Celtics game. Traveling as a group of 24, the majority of them 3-8 grade students, I had to make special arrangements for adjoining rooms, inexpensive dinners, and easy access to the city. Steve, this hotel's manager, truly bent over backwards to accommodate us. We were safely put into adjoining rooms where adults were always in earshot of children (a must when parents trust you with an overnight trip out of state!). He made arrangements with the restaurant owner next door to have a special meal ready for us at a time that would get us to the city with plenty of time. On this particular trip, I had to make unexpected travel arrangements from the hotel to western Mass for a funeral for my sister-in-law who had died unexpectedly. Steve helped me find time schedules and T stations and bus stations that would get me there. This was an emotionally difficult time for me and very confusing, coming from rural Maine. He had his maintenance man drive me to the closest T, and this man's daughters met me, bought my tickets, and put me right on the platform which I needed. All of this was done as my group completed the remainder of their trip. I didn't worry about a thing....a true blessing. The staff of the hotel were friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and quiet (amazingly with all these kids) and I most definitely recommend this hotel and its staff to anyone traveling in the area. It was plain to see, this was not just a "job," but an output of friendliness and pride for Steve and the staff of this hotel. If we are lucky enough to find our way back a third time, I know exactly who to call....no hesitation!

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank karoheri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
Reviewed April 7, 2010

It was a pleasure to stay in Red Roof & hospitality was excellent.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rautsan
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 7, 2010

So room looked nice enough to begin with. Lobby looked nice the shower was decent but their "free internet" is not a reality. It's something you have to sign up for through
T-moble and I'm not doing that for one vacation stay.

I wrote a note to our housekeeping staff and asked if she could use some cleaner on the pee stain on the wall next to the toilet and that night I came back to see a bottle of cleaner waiting for me.... like it's my job to clean it up.... Maybe I was unclear... who knows. I made a stink about it to the front desk and he was not a very pleasant man. He said he would take $20 off the bill which I appreciated since he had just charged us at least that much for one extra night's stay. I figured since we had gotten our reservations from orbitz and we needed one extra night stay they would just continue that rate and he was like "No... you must pay $69 for your stay..." Whatever... like I'm going to stay at a Red Roof Inn again any time soon.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Xcited2travellots
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2010

After a long journey the last thing one expects is that reaching your hotel is going to begin the most tiresome part of the journey. Instead of being greeted with a warm welcome upon arrival the staff and management of the Red Roof were rude and incompetent. We had booked and pre-paid for our stay with a popular on-line reservation service (I won't mention them as their service was impeccable). Incredibly, although the Red Roof had a confirmation of our reservation and payment, they insisted that we should pay again! What?!? They argued that the reservation company hadn't paid them yet. I protested that the money had already been charged to my credit card and appeared on my bill and that if there was a dispute it was between the reservation company and them -- not me! I suggested that they phone the reservation company and resolve the situation. They refused. I even pointed to the 1-800 number on my print-out that explicitly suggested to the management (not the customer!) should phone them if there is a problem . The "manager" interjected and bellowed something about "26 years of running a hotel he had never heard of such a thing... blah...blah..blah!" For the life of me, I couldn't understand why they were being so rude and unhelpful -- I was exhausted. I asked if I could use their phone to phone the 1-800 myself -- they suggested I should use my own phone. So, I phoned the reservation system on my cell (as I am not American this "toll free" call cost me $25 in roaming charges) and talked to them about the situation. The reservation company were incredulous and couldn't believe what they were hearing ("Has the man never heard of a contract?"). They apologised profusely for my troubles (although they were not the cause of them) and immediately phoned the hotel on my behalf. Within minutes the problem was resolved. Did I receive an apology from the Red Roof Inn? Of course not -- they apparently don't do apologies (at least not in person). Instead, they acted like they were doing me a favour by not charging me twice. Do yourself a favour and don't pay them once! Avoid at all cost!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank Godott
Saugus
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I'm here in Red Roof Inn, Saugus for almost 2 months, so I can say that all service is very good. The good treatment starts with the employees and goes until the manager. I had some difficulties when I arrived here in US like transportation, communication and informations, but I was lucky to be surrounded of generous people always ready to help and serve.
I'm sure that if I wolud be back to US, especially in Saugus, I certainly would stay in Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Bronx, NY
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I have had the pleasure to stay at the Red Roof Hotel in Saugus, MA for 3 months. I am a bus driver and I Love this hotel. The rooms are spacious, clean and I really enjoyed the wi-fi card to the customers. Everyday the rooms are cleaned and vacumed. The overall of this hotel is Fabulous, I haved reccommended this hotel to my family and friends. I also like the promotions given every month as an incentive. This is very relaxing and refreshing to stay at a 4 Star Hotel. Sincerely, Princess

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Mn.
Reviewed September 27, 2009

This hotel was always a good value for two years, except on 07 we found bed bugs and hotel was booked solid, and stayed w/relatives, which then got same bugs, and had to take months to fumigate. We were very sad, as we liked this hotel. So our business went elsewhere. Hotel has nice spacious rooms that are clean, w/ wi-fi, although no breakfast. Too many loud trucks and buses out back idleing all night. was a small issue, but we would have stayed. From then on, we went elsewhere. Have read sniffer dogs can find the problem, hope they do this everywhere, as this is not unique to Red Roof, or any hotel....now becoming a problem in the US, in even the best expensive hotels. Will recommend this hotel when problem is solved

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coldowl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!