After a long journey the last thing one expects is that reaching your hotel is going to begin the most tiresome part of the journey. Instead of being greeted with a warm welcome upon arrival the staff and management of the Red Roof were rude and incompetent. We had booked and pre-paid for our stay with a popular on-line reservation service (I won't mention them as their service was impeccable). Incredibly, although the Red Roof had a confirmation of our reservation and payment, they insisted that we should pay again! What?!? They argued that the reservation company hadn't paid them yet. I protested that the money had already been charged to my credit card and appeared on my bill and that if there was a dispute it was between the reservation company and them -- not me! I suggested that they phone the reservation company and resolve the situation. They refused. I even pointed to the 1-800 number on my print-out that explicitly suggested to the management (not the customer!) should phone them if there is a problem . The "manager" interjected and bellowed something about "26 years of running a hotel he had never heard of such a thing... blah...blah..blah!" For the life of me, I couldn't understand why they were being so rude and unhelpful -- I was exhausted. I asked if I could use their phone to phone the 1-800 myself -- they suggested I should use my own phone. So, I phoned the reservation system on my cell (as I am not American this "toll free" call cost me $25 in roaming charges) and talked to them about the situation. The reservation company were incredulous and couldn't believe what they were hearing ("Has the man never heard of a contract?"). They apologised profusely for my troubles (although they were not the cause of them) and immediately phoned the hotel on my behalf. Within minutes the problem was resolved. Did I receive an apology from the Red Roof Inn? Of course not -- they apparently don't do apologies (at least not in person). Instead, they acted like they were doing me a favour by not charging me twice. Do yourself a favour and don't pay them once! Avoid at all cost!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Non-Smoking Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan is Newly Renovated and a great place to relax after seeing Boston's sights- Newbury Street, Boston Commons, Fenway Park, Quincy Market, Boston Harbor, The Freedom Trail, The North End, Back Bay, The New England Aquarium, The Swan Boats, The Museum of Fine Arts, The Science Museum, Harvard University, M.I.T, Tufts University, as well as other famous universities, and so much more. If you are traveling on business, we are just miles away from The Hynes Convention Center, The World Trade Center, Boston's Financial District and Boston Convention and Exhibit Center. If you are here on leisure, catch a concert or see the world famous Boston Celtics or Boston Bruins at TD Garden in Boston or head over to Fenway Park and see the Red Sox! Boston has plenty of fun to offer and in the historic Theatre District you will find several live performances nightly at the Orpheum Theatre, Citi Performing Arts Center, The Charles Playhouse and many others. The Red Roof Inn in Saugus is only 5 miles away from Revere Beach, America's 1st Public Beach as well as Suffolk Downs where you can see exciting horse races most of the year. Don't feel like driving into Boston? Don't worry, we are just 5 miles away from Wonderland T Station (subway) where you can park all day for a very low rate and take a quick 15 minute train ride into the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Red Roof Inn, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn - Boston Logan Hotel Saugus
- Red Roof Inn Boston Saugus
- Red Roof Inn Saugus
- Saugus Red Roof Inn