“Awesome experience”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I never write these reviews but I had such a great experience at this Inn with the staff and room, I just had to write. It was my 11th anniversary so I wanted a good hotel at a fair price. I was fortunate enough to have had the manager (Darvin) when I booked the rooom. He was so pleasant to deal with. I kept showing my concerns for a great room and he was so professional and understanding and really went out of his way to help me feel secure about the room I was booking. When we arrived at the hotel, it was midnight during a snow storm. We were so impressed with how clean and modern everything was. The women at the front desk (Michelle) was such a sweetheart and greeted us with a warm smile. She was very professional and inviting.
We ordered a suite and wasn't sure what to expect but when we opened the door our first response was "WOW!, Oh my goodness, this is huge!!" It was like having a 1 bedroom apartment. The suite had a living room and a seperate bedroom with a king size bed. The suite was so clean, spacious and modern. My only regret was that we were only there for one night. I would highly recommend this hotel to all my friends. I look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JOSE B
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear JOSE B,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this nice review for us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay! I am glad you were adamant about the quality of the hotel you were looking for and we were able to offer just what you needed. We really appreciate the nice comments about Michelle and Darvin and I will share these comments with them, and know they too will really appreciate them. I agree, the Suites are really nice and big - perfect for a comfortable stay and an at-home experience while traveling. Again, we thank you and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Saugus, MA 01906

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 7, 2013

When ever I travel to Boston for business I always stay at the Red Roof Inn Boston Logan. It's a quick ride down Rt.1-traffic permitting. Mike and his team are guest focused, friendly and provide clean and updated rooms. I love the free Wi-Fi and complimentary coffee 24/7 and all the rooms have a mini-fridge, microwave, hair dryer, iron and ironing board all at no cost. They even have Suites! I look forward to staying here as over the years the service and cleanliness has always been consistent.

Room Tip: Every room is perfect!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Jackbrat7864,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us, we really appreciate it! Our team works hard to offer the best product, service, and value possible and it means so much to us when we can get reviews like this, so thank you! I will be sure and share these comments with the entire staff and we look forward to your future visits here.

Uruguay
Reviewed December 7, 2013

When first looking at a place to stay CLOSE to Logan, this Red Roof Inn is advertised as in "Boston Logan", even looking at the map it didn't seem far. But it was. And the taxi ride from the airport was loooooong and expensive (for what I had planned). The driver got lost and it ended up being 50 dollars! (which I didn't pay, as we came to an agreement). Positives: the place is very nice, comfortable, nice rooms, amicable staff at Reception. They do not have a shuttle, but they arrange transportation BACK to the airport for a reasonable fare ($24 flat on Dec. 2013). If you wish to go into town with public transport it is fairly easy: walk about 15 mins down and across the highway over to Square One Mall (it is a bit of a walk and you have to cross roads and ramps) and outside Sears door, the bus stops. Take 430 to Malden Station and then the train (orange line to Forest Hills) into Boston to Downtown Crossing and you are right in the middle of town. However, on the way back, if dark already, take a cab from Malden Station to the Inn. ($24 one way with no traffic)..... If the hotel had a shuttle to the airport it would be lovely. (this inn accepts pets, so you might hear some dogs barking (unusual but it happens). Thankfully those that barked were not next to my room).

Room Tip: Sorry, can't help. But ask for a room that has no neighbors with dogs.... (in case they bark...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Latitude33,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate your comments and feedback and am glad to read you liked the rooms, the hotel was nice, and you were comfortable. We are located 8 miles north of Logan Airport, which is what we advertise. It is typically a 15 or so minute drive, however if you were to travel in rush hour it would definitely take longer. Our goal is to help you save money rather than staying right at Logan and we do have an agreement with a taxi service to take to you or from Logan Airport 24/7 for just $24. Thanks again for the comments and we do hope you return in the future.

Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stay at the Red Roof Inn-Boston Logan 3-5 times a year and they never fail my expectations. Every employee from housekeeping to front desk are very friendly and helpful. I find the beds and pillows very comfortable and always sleep like a baby on my stays. I love the fact that each room has a mini fridge at no extra charge. There are quite a few restaurant/bars within walking distance which is always a plus. It is DEFINITELY reasonably priced as I find Boston area hotels to be a little on the expensive side. It's only a 15-20 minute ride into Boston and there are local train stations if you'd rather not drive in the city. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that asks where they should stay in the boston area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Stephanie812,

Thanks for staying with us and for the nice review. I am thrilled to hear that all of the team here have always been friendly and helpful to you... this is a major goal for us and we really appreciate the recognition for it! I am glad the location suits your needs and the rooms offer items such as the fridge that makes your stay more comfortable. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to hosting your next trip to the area.

Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed recently and was quite upset that we had to pay extra for taxi to airport. Having the name Red Roof Inn -Boston Logan, one would assume its close to the airport for free shuttle! Upon checking in I asked the girl to sign up for the shuttle to airport and she said we don't have one. We booked the hotel through SleepParkFly website, and she said that the website is vague about no shuttle... So what I thought was the best deal really wasn't!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Karen G,

Thanks for staying with us, and for your review. I do apologize if you did not realize we do not offer a shuttle. There is no website online that advertises us having shuttle service, and on ParkSleepFly it is very clear in several locations that we offer a flat rate of $24 to the Logan Airport 24/7 rather than a shuttle. I understand you factor in these costs when booking, which is why that even with the costs of the taxi, for Park N Fly we are still the most economic if you shop the area. We do appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another chance in the future to host your visit to this area.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed at red roof in saugus 4nights and can say it was great. Michelle at check in was very welcoming and helped us get to everywhere we wanted to go. Fuddruckers 10ft away was cool. Quick drive to train station with access to the city. Jessica at check out was also a sweetheart. All in all had a great stay in beautiful boston and these rooms were on point. Modern,classy, and cozy.

• Stayed November 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear joslenp15,

Thanks for staying with us and we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay here. I am glad Michelle & Jessica made you feel welcome and offered great service, I will share this review with them right away and I know it will make them feel awesome! I am glad the location was good and you felt the rooms were modern, cozy, and comfy! We look forward to implementing even more upgrades to the property in early 2014 and hope you come back to see... stay tuned :-).

Cooper City, Florida
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I went to MA to visit a friend and was there for a very short period of time so wanted something that was conveniently close to the airport. At first I was a little worried because it was about 15-20 mins away (driving) from Boston and it's not walking distance from the train station. But that was easily solved. The hotel called a taxi company called "Saugus Center Taxi" and they took me everywhere for a flat rate. It was $24 to Logan airport (plus the tip I gave to the driver) and $17 whenever I wanted to go to the train station. The cars were clean and drivers very professional and pleasant. In regards to the hotel- I've read several reviews saying that the pillows were slightly uncomfortable- I actually found the pillows and bed to be supeeeerr comfy. Prices are great, they don't have shuttles but do have an excellent transportation company associated with them AND above all, all clerk from janitors to front desk were extremely polite and friendly. Thank you Red Roof for the great experience - will definitely use your services again!! (PS: they have flat screen tv - the signal/ picture is actually good - not fuzzy like in most hotels)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Kerry T,

Thanks for staying with us, and thanks so much for all the nice comments! I am so glad all worked out well and the beds and pillows were super comfy :-). I am also thrilled to hear about all the great service you encountered, and I will share this with my entire team - as well as the Saugus Taxi company we use. Thanks again and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Saugus, MA 01906
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!