“No shuttle”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
“No shuttle”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed recently and was quite upset that we had to pay extra for taxi to airport. Having the name Red Roof Inn -Boston Logan, one would assume its close to the airport for free shuttle! Upon checking in I asked the girl to sign up for the shuttle to airport and she said we don't have one. We booked the hotel through SleepParkFly website, and she said that the website is vague about no shuttle... So what I thought was the best deal really wasn't!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Karen G,

Thanks for staying with us, and for your review. I do apologize if you did not realize we do not offer a shuttle. There is no website online that advertises us having shuttle service, and on ParkSleepFly it is very clear in several locations that we offer a flat rate of $24 to the Logan Airport 24/7 rather than a shuttle. I understand you factor in these costs when booking, which is why that even with the costs of the taxi, for Park N Fly we are still the most economic if you shop the area. We do appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another chance in the future to host your visit to this area.

Saugus, MA 01906

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed at red roof in saugus 4nights and can say it was great. Michelle at check in was very welcoming and helped us get to everywhere we wanted to go. Fuddruckers 10ft away was cool. Quick drive to train station with access to the city. Jessica at check out was also a sweetheart. All in all had a great stay in beautiful boston and these rooms were on point. Modern,classy, and cozy.

• Stayed November 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear joslenp15,

Thanks for staying with us and we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay here. I am glad Michelle & Jessica made you feel welcome and offered great service, I will share this review with them right away and I know it will make them feel awesome! I am glad the location was good and you felt the rooms were modern, cozy, and comfy! We look forward to implementing even more upgrades to the property in early 2014 and hope you come back to see... stay tuned :-).

Cooper City, Florida
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I went to MA to visit a friend and was there for a very short period of time so wanted something that was conveniently close to the airport. At first I was a little worried because it was about 15-20 mins away (driving) from Boston and it's not walking distance from the train station. But that was easily solved. The hotel called a taxi company called "Saugus Center Taxi" and they took me everywhere for a flat rate. It was $24 to Logan airport (plus the tip I gave to the driver) and $17 whenever I wanted to go to the train station. The cars were clean and drivers very professional and pleasant. In regards to the hotel- I've read several reviews saying that the pillows were slightly uncomfortable- I actually found the pillows and bed to be supeeeerr comfy. Prices are great, they don't have shuttles but do have an excellent transportation company associated with them AND above all, all clerk from janitors to front desk were extremely polite and friendly. Thank you Red Roof for the great experience - will definitely use your services again!! (PS: they have flat screen tv - the signal/ picture is actually good - not fuzzy like in most hotels)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Kerry T,

Thanks for staying with us, and thanks so much for all the nice comments! I am so glad all worked out well and the beds and pillows were super comfy :-). I am also thrilled to hear about all the great service you encountered, and I will share this with my entire team - as well as the Saugus Taxi company we use. Thanks again and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is extremely well managed and operated. The very sweet oriental girl at the front dest is the best. We had a reservation issue that was taken care of to our complete satisfaction. The rooms are very clean, the parking is on site and the park, sleep and fly deal they offer is exceptional. They do not have their own van for transportation to Logan, but they use a cab company that charges a flat fee of $25.00. The cab was on time both going and coming from the airport and the driver we had was pleasant, courteous and very caring. This place is a hidden gem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheWiseOldOwl2
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Wayne W,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am glad our team delivered great service, and I will be sure to share the kind comments with them. As mentioned, our Park N Fly packages are definitely the best deal in this area. We offer a much lower rate than our competition because we know you have to factor in the cost of the taxi, which is available on demand 24/7 which also is a perk unlike our competition's shuttles, and even then we are still the best value. I really appreciate all of the nice comments and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Shepperton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here and had a very comfortable sleep. The room was spacious and clean, and the woman on reception was very friendly. There was ample parking and the room was very quiet. I'd recommend staying here, especially if you want to be close-ish to the airport.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear DawnEast,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am so glad to hear your room was spacious and clean and you received great service. We work hard to continuously offer a nice place to stay at a great value and I will share your comments with my team who I know will also be very glad to read them. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you are in Boston.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2013

While hotels intown Boston would be more preferable, this location comes with a better price and is not too far a ride to the Wonderland T train into the city. We found the service polite and friendly. Rooms are clean and comfortable. We came back from a road trip and stayed here again before flight from Logan in the AM.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear uri400,

Thanks for staying with us, and we are glad you enjoyed it here! I am so happy to hear you felt we were reliable, convenient, and economical as those are a few of our main objectives here and so happy that you agree. I am glad the rooms were clean and comfy and hope if you come back to Boston we can host you again.

Roseville, Minnesota
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel in mid-October, 2013. After leaving the airport, we basically took an easy 10 minute drive up the highway and found the hotel right off the side of the road - very easy to locate and get to. We were both pleasantly surprised at how clean and modern it is. The rooms have clearly been recently updated and were comfortable and cozy. The housekeeping staff seemed great - this place was spotless in both the room and bathroom. It was very quiet which also surprised us because the hotel is located so close to the highway. There was free internet.

Our one disappointment was the pillows - both of us had difficulty sleeping with these as they were rock hard and not comfortable at all.

Overall we were happy with our stay here and would stay here again especially for the price we paid. It's a nice, clean, well-run establishment that is perfect for an airport area hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jen L,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for writing us a review. I am glad the location was so convenient for you and happy you enjoyed your stay. The hotel was recently renovated and replaced all the furniture, flooring, beds and bedding, added flat screen TVs, and more! I am glad the modern design was to your liking and the cleanliness exceeded your expectations, I will definitely share these comments with my staff. Thanks again and we hope to host your next visit to the area.

Saugus, MA 01906
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!