“Logan???!!! Boston??!! Over described & over priced”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel is a good $30 cab ride from Logan. I booked it last minute after a delayed flight and very late arrival. There is no shuttle. There is no food service whatsoever. After 15 hours of travel I had an evening meal of a bag of popcorn.
The next day I paid another $30 to go to the to the train station for a 30 minute train ride to Boston.
For the minor difference in price, I should have just stayed in the city! All boston hotels are very expensive, but there is no reason this simple suburban place should charge nearly the same price with no amenities or location!!!!

In fairness, it was clean and modernized. The bed was comfortable and there was a person at the desk who spoke English & was friendly. It may be a good place for a family with a car

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear marybeth_abarbanel,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you were felt we were clean, modern, and offered great service. We appreciate those comments and work hard to make sure our guests have a clean place to stay with a friendly face. I do apologize if you were confused about our location. We are located in Saugus, MA which is 8 miles north of Logan Airport and downtown Boston. This is what we advertise on all websites and I am sorry if the location was not ideal for you. We are 5 miles from public transportation and have flat rate taxis of $24 to/from Logan Airport, or $17 to/from the Subway station. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope we have another chance to host you again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was family day at my daughters college in Salem. This hotel was close and affordable but in no way cheap. The front desk staff was not only helpful but courteous. The rooms were like new. So clean. The pillows were my only complaint. They were flat. But other than that one glitch this place was great. Really good coffee too!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear mabeena,

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience with us, we appreciate it! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the staff was helpful and courteous, I will definitely share the kind comments with them. We do offer a great value for this area, however you do need to keep in mind season as this is peak travel time for Boston and we are 100s or dollars less then much of our competition. I am glad you enjoyed the new rooms and the coffee, and appreciate your comments regarding the pillows which I will look into. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you visit your daughter in Salem.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We needed a room close to airport for a layover stay. It is close enough to airport, but far enough to avoid traffic into city. It was a little pricier than we wanted to pay for a stopover, but the room surprised. It was spacious & clean. Hotel staff polite & helpful. There are plenty of restaurants in the area (but the highway access is the worst).

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear season3,

Thanks for staying with us and for writing this review. I am glad the room exceeded your expectations, we really appreciate the kind comments. We did recently implement all new beds and bedding, flat screen TVs, new furniture, vessel sinks, spa inspired bathrooms, and more. Thanks for the kind comments about the staff, I will share this with them all, and I am glad the location worked out for you. Thanks again and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Kudos to this chain and their fluffed-out accomodations. Saugus is close enough to Logan airport to make this lodging a good choice if you are headed out of Boston; it is maybe a 20 min (half hour) drive north. The improved RRI interiors include lineoleum flooring (better than old carpets, if you are prone to allergies), better accessible rooms for the disabled, a little fridge, nice work desk area with many grounded plugs, and single cup coffee maker. Nice! BTW this locale is near several 24 hr businesses, including Mc Donalds, IHOP and drugstores. So it is a good option if you are travelling odd hours.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear cote_style,

Thanks for staying with us, and for the great comments. We really appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms! All of our rooms have tons of outlets everywhere for all the devices you may carry, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, iron board, hairdryer and safe. They also have new beds, large flat screen TVs, and a brand new boutique style. Even better... we are getting ready to do more upgrades in the very near future which will include more amenities such as a welcome snack box in the room and a new HD Channel line up with around double the channels we currently offer, as well as other things to be announced. i am glad the location and hotel exceeded your stay, and we hope to exceed it once more when you see what we do next!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

we decided on the red roof inn woburn on (1) price (2)location (3)after staying at a red roof previously . we found this inn just as we expected ,great value ,
a rail station less then one mile away with a fifteen min journey into Boston several restaurants within walking distance (we can recommend one called triple A )
we enjoyed a five night stay in a king superior room which was clean comfortable good bed and large flat screen tv

Room Tip: ask for room at back ,nice and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear uktourist60,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with is. I am glad the price and location were ideal for you and we were able to offer a great value for your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the room and updates such as flat screen TVs, and the access to the city from the hotel. We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The entire staff, especially Bonnie, were friendly, most helpful and couldn't do enough for us. The hotel is located about 15miles out side of Boston and about the same to Logan Airport.
It is on the main road and in a commercial area but with plenty of places to eat & shop.
I forgot my Cell Phone and with just one call they found it and Mike Ciulla, Gen Mgr, arranged to ship it over night via FedX. I received it the next day. Thank you.
I definitely would stay there again. Great team

Room Tip: Recommend you request a room away from the road side if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear GMARIN70,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing the details about your stay. I am glad you found our staff to be pleasant and really appreciate the recognition, I will absolutely share these comments with Bonnie and the rest of the team. Also, I am glad the location suited your needs and overall you enjoyed your stay. When a guest leaves an item behind, no matter how big, small, or cost; we want to do our best to reunite them with it as soon as possible and I am glad you got your phone back quick... I know how hard it can be without a phone which we rely on so heavily! Thanks again for the comments and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We needed to find a hotel in proximity to Logan due to an early AM departure. We booked here having never stayed at a Red Roof before. I was quite pleased with the facility. The desk was friendly and willing to suggest nearby restaurants for a meal. There were two tour busses staging travellers beginning a fall color tour the next morning - and the staff seemed capable of delivering luggage efficiently and pointing out some restaurants in walking distance for the tourists. The room was clean. The hardwood floors were a nice change from dirty carpet altho you can hear walking from adjoining rooms. The room is very efficient - no wasted space. The bed was comfortable. A perfect location for an early AM departure to Boston Logan - or for a firtst night arrival for those heading north on 95.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Bagpipemarshall,

Thanks for staying with us and I am glad we were a great location for your layover day. I am thrilled to hear you were impressed with the staff and the rooms, I will share these nice comments with the entire staff here. We really appreciate the review and hope if you come back to Boston we see you again!

Saugus, MA 01906

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#3 of 5 in Revere
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#9 of 9 in Danvers

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!