“Staff is very good, Talal is the best.”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Saint John, Canada
“Staff is very good, Talal is the best.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

For over eight years our family has been going to this hotel.
Talal has been there for longer than that, as he was the first one to give us an impression of the "Red Roof Inn". He is such an asset to this company, I hope he is well appreciated.
The rooms are renovated every couple of years, are always very clean and parking is great, never had any issues.
Close to the "Wonderland" stop for the "T", and parking there for the day is quite cheap.
Many good places nearby, Santarpio's Pizza is unbeatable, Kane's Donuts, a must stop.(Get a turtle donut).
Take a drive out to Revere Beach and stop at Kelly's for a roast beef sandwich and take a walk on the beach to de-stress.
Yes, getting on and off route 1 can be a bit of a pain, but hey, you're in Boston.
We don't see how you can beat this hotel overall.

Grant from New Brunswick, Canada.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Grant46,

Thank you so much for being a loyal guest to us for 8 years, we value you and greatly appreciate always being able to host you. I do hope you are a RediCard rewards member, so you get special perks like free nights, bottled water, and courtesy holds for all of your stays. I am so greatful you know Talal, and have known him so long. I agree, Talal is a major asset to us and I will be sure to share your kind words, as well as praise him for the service he has always offered you. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Saugus, MA 01906

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. We picked this hotel because it was a great price for a hotel outside of Boston-$112 a night. We didn't mind that it took about 20-25 min between driving to the T station and then taking the train in since we had saved so much money compared to the other hotels outside of Boston. The room was clean and the service desk was friendly and helpful. So why the low rating? The walls are terribly thin. We had planned to sleep in a little (till 9) on our last day and have been instead given a wake up call from a baby screaming and crying from the room across from us since 7:20 this morning!!! It had been screaming for over the past hour and a half and is loud and clear. As if that isn't annoying enough, the 20 min the baby stopped crying, housekeeping decided it was a good idea to start vacuuming the rooms around us at 8:20 in the morning! Who does that? We can hear every move they make as they clean the bathrooms. So although the price is right, unless you sleep like a rock, be prepared to hear everything from your room.

• Stayed August 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Tc609,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to leave comments regarding your visit. I am glad we were able to offer a good room, at a good price, with good people to help you while you were here, I will be sure to share these comments with my team as we truly appreciate them. I am so sorry if there were noise disturbances and want you to know that if you ever encounter an issue you can call the front desk at any time and we will make sure to resolve it. We certainly want you to get the rest you deserve and we are so sorry this happened. Thanks again and we hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a superior king room which was very comfortable and clean. Staff is very friendly. Location is acceptable. Had a longer drive with car and public transport to and from downtown Boston. Hotel is located directly at Route 1 which has advantages and disadvantages. For us it was ok.

1 Thank bruentje
Dear bruentje,

Thanks so much for staying with us, we are happy you enjoyed it here! I am so glad the staff was friendly, you were comfortable, we were clean, and the location worked well for you. I will be sure to share these comments with the rest of my team as we truly enjoy reading about positive experiences our guests have. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting your next trip to the area.

East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a nice property, as far as Red Roof Inns are concerned. Cleaner and more updated than other locations.

I probably wouldn't write a review were it not for the location. This stretch of US1 is a nightmare; I've never seen anything quite like it. All the commercial properties--hotels, restaurants, stores, etc.--are right along the highway, but the speed limit is 50 (meaning that many are going 60+). Given that the turnoff for the Red Roof wasn't clearly marked, we turned off one parking lot too soon, and it was harrowing trying to get back onto the three-lane highway for that few-second trip. I either thought I was going to be rear-ended or crash into someone as I tried to get back on the highway.

I really feel bad saying this, because the hotel itself was perfectly nice, but my humble opinion is that that road just isn't safe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GelEGuy
Dear GelEGuy,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts. I am glad to hear you felt we were clean and modern, we just renovated and am glad to hear you were impressed. I am so sorry if the location wasn't ideal for you. It can at times be tough being right on the highway, however it also has its advantages as it is so easy to drive to Boston, Salem, and other places that our guests typically want to visit. I am sorry if in your case it was not convinient but I do hope the service and quality of the product as well as value can outweigh the location so we have the chance to host you again.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The rooms here were surprisingly very nice, considering the rate.. Modern with nice decor, flat screen tv and most importantly very clean! The front desk staff here are extremely helpful, nice knowledgable and accomodating.. The customer service provided by Darvin & Talal was exceptional and they made my stay here comfortable :) thank you so much!!! I will def be back again!

Dear Talinka83,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your visit. I am glad you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms and also appreciate the kind comments regarding our team members. We always enjoy to hear when our hard work is recognized and I will be sure to praise my team members for the way you were treated. We do hope you return if you come back to Boston.

Othello WA
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We chose to stay here as our plane got into Boston at 12:30am. It was cheaper than the other hotels near the airport. It was only about a 15 minute drive from the car rental. The room was a pretty standard hotel room, we could have been anywhere. Everything was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank perickson
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear perickson,

Thanks so much for staying with us while you were in the area. I am glad everything was fine and that we offered a great value. We are 8 miles from Logan Airport and Downtown Boston, however our room rates are much less expensive making it a great choice to stay a little further out, but such an easy commute to either of those places! We appreciate the comments and hope you return next time you are in the area.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My ex-gf and I stayed here last summer for 2 nights. We were looking for a not too-expensive hotel close to the city that would be clean. We were not disappointed. Employees at the frontdesk was very helpful, the room was clean, freshly renovated and enough spacious considering the price we paid for it. Room was quiet too, but were fortunate being far from elevator and not in front of the road.

Only thing I didn't like is the accessibility. Being on the U.S.1 Road, which is a terrible road, leaving the parking can be tricky.

A nice stay if you plan to visit the area (Boston, Salem, Gloucester & Rockport).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frankc1982
Dear Frankc1982,

Thanks for staying with us last summer, and we hope you do come back soon! I am glad you enjoyed the room, our team treated you well, and we were able to offer a great value. We work hard everyday to meet these basic needs and appreciate when those efforts are recognized. I will be sure to share these kind comments with my staff as I know they will all appreciate them.

Saugus, MA 01906
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!