I have very mixed reviews for this hotel. It is newly remodeled and quite nice and the staff is helpful...mostly. Housekeeping needs some oversight when replacing towels, coffee items, etc. The air conditioner worked well but the cover was loose and rattled so badly when the compressor came on that we couldn't use it. However this location did not work for us. While it may be only 8 miles from Logan airport, it was a 45 minute, $35 taxi ride to start with. While their website says 'close to public transportation', I would certainly argue that point. To get to the nearest subway station, we had to first walk for at least 20 minutes, sometimes without sidewalks, crossing a VERY busy highway 3 times...counting crossing the off ramps and Main St. It was at times very dangerous...no traffic lights. Once at the mall, no one had a schedule showing the time the bus arrived at the mall; we eventually learned it was every 40 minutes on weekdays, one hour and five minutes on Saturday, and NO bus on Sunday meaning a $22 taxi trip each way. And while the website also says it is close to restaurants, which it is, none of them serve breakfast and neither does the hotel. We had to buy food and carry it that 20 minutes over that busy highway to put in the fridge in the room. It was very inconvenient. We seriously considered moving to another hotel since we were there for a week but it was going to cost us a lot to change our reservations. I think if we had had a car, this hotel might have worked for us, but I don't recommend it for anyone flying into Boston. It was not convenient to get to and from the airport or the subway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Non-Smoking Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan is Newly Renovated and a great place to relax after seeing Boston's sights- Newbury Street, Boston Commons, Fenway Park, Quincy Market, Boston Harbor, The Freedom Trail, The North End, Back Bay, The New England Aquarium, The Swan Boats, The Museum of Fine Arts, The Science Museum, Harvard University, M.I.T, Tufts University, as well as other famous universities, and so much more. If you are traveling on business, we are just miles away from The Hynes Convention Center, The World Trade Center, Boston's Financial District and Boston Convention and Exhibit Center. If you are here on leisure, catch a concert or see the world famous Boston Celtics or Boston Bruins at TD Garden in Boston or head over to Fenway Park and see the Red Sox! Boston has plenty of fun to offer and in the historic Theatre District you will find several live performances nightly at the Orpheum Theatre, Citi Performing Arts Center, The Charles Playhouse and many others. The Red Roof Inn in Saugus is only 5 miles away from Revere Beach, America's 1st Public Beach as well as Suffolk Downs where you can see exciting horse races most of the year. Don't feel like driving into Boston? Don't worry, we are just 5 miles away from Wonderland T Station (subway) where you can park all day for a very low rate and take a quick 15 minute train ride into the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn - Boston Logan Hotel Saugus
- Red Roof Inn Boston Saugus
- Red Roof Inn Saugus
- Saugus Red Roof Inn