“The staff works with you for an enjoyable stay”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
“The staff works with you for an enjoyable stay”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed here many times. I enjoy the fact it is nonsmoking and that the staff is very friendly and helpful. I like the location, it is very close to many restaurants and shopping centers. It allows me to enjoy the Northshore and Boston.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank snoopy733
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear snoopy733,

Thanks for staying with us, we glad you enjoyed it here! I am glad to hear the location, non-smoking policy, and staff are all to your likings. I will be sure to share the kind comments with the entire team as we truly appreciate when we offer great service and it is recognized. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Saugus, MA 01906

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Kingston, New York
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn for two nights while visiting Boston. Our daughters graduated from Northeastern College on Friday morning at the TD Center. The hotel is perfectly located for easy access to the city via the T. Instead of driving in to Boston and spending $45.00 for parking. We drove 5 miles to the T in Wonderland and rode right in to the TD Center.

When we arrived to check in we were warmly greeted by Talal. He was so welcoming and helpful. He gave us fabulous recommendations for dining, shopping and getting around with ease. Our room was beautiful. We have stayed here before and were always happy with the accomodations. We opened the door to a newly renovated room that was beautiful and so comfortable. Plenty of pillows on the bed (which we usually fight over)! The furniture and bedding were so nice. And the bed was so comfortable. Oh, before I forget I have never stayed in a room with so many electric outlets. Usually we are crawling around moving furniture searching for plugs. Everything we own needs to be plugged in and charged. God forbid, we go off the radar. My kids will think we are in a ditch.

The room also came with a fridge and microwave. Very convenient for our left over pizza from Angela's next door. (Awesome pizza! And we are from NY). My only real complaint was the shampoo plus conditioner. I need separate conditioner. My hair is too thick to comb through afterwards. The soap was fantastic. What kind is it? The housekeeper gave me a bar to take home. The Cherry Almond smell is wonderful. I must know what brand it is!

Even though we were away for home I still have to catch certain TV shows. I know, my husband thinks I need a support group. The huge flat screen was very much appreciated as was the free HBO. And thank you for free Wi-Fi.

We had a wonderful stay once again and will definitely be back! Thank you again to Talal and the rest of the friendly staff! Seriously....what kind of soap is that?

Room Tip: We like to stay at the far end. You can park right there and go in the entrance right to the stai...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank starkiechck
Dear starkiechck,

Thanks so much for leaving us such a nice review, we really appreciate it! I am thrilled to hear about the service provided by Talal and will be sure to praise him for his hard work, our entire team strives to create a positive emotional experience for our guests and it looks like Talal did just that! I am so glad the location, the room, and the amenities were to your liking, as for the soap... it is made especially for Red Roof's so come on back and I will be glad to give you some extra to take home with you :-) .Thanks again, we are so happy to hear that this was a perfect trip for your family and we really hope to have the opportunity to host you all again.

Huntington Station, New York, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This newly renovated hotel was bright and clean, the rooms renovated with wood flooring and modern fixtures, and the few requests we had (i.e. extra towels) were immediately answered. Located right on 1 in Saugus, it really was the perfect location for what we wanted to do. Less than 40 minutes to Gloucester, less than 30 to Salem, 15 to the airport or the Wonderland train station to Boston City Center. $2.50 one way for a 30 minute train ride (Blue Line!) right to the Old State House (pick up your Go Cards!) or the stop before is the Aquarium which puts you right at Long Wharf and about a block from Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market.

Check out Kowloon, it's a kind of Asian fusion restaurant just before the hotel, you can't miss it. It's enormous and kitchy and packed on the weekends. All along 1 are restaurants, grocery and drug stores...pretty much if you forget to pack it you can pick it up near your hotel.

Definitely will be our first pick on your next trip to Boston

Room Tip: If you are going to Boston ask the front desk for directions to the Wonderland train station. Park...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank misgif
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear misgif,

Thanks for staying with us; it was our pleasure to host your visit. I appreciate all of your kind comments regarding the hotel and will be sure to share them with the rest of the team. As mentioned, we were recently renovated and have a much more "at home" feel now since we have wood style flooring, plush Serta beds, flat screen TVs, fridge, microwave and coffee makers in all the rooms. When we do receive special requests from guests we do our best to accommodate promptly at all times so it is nice to hear we met your needs on that aspect. We are fortunate enough to be just outside of the city and not too far from the subway so you can save quite a bit by visiting Boston and staying here and have money to spend while in Boston. We are also fortunate enough to be close to other major MA destination cities such as Salem and Gloucester. Thanks again for all the kind comments and we hope we see you again soon.

Saugus, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very convienant to resteraunts and route1.
Talal was very friendly and helpfull at checkin.
Would stay there again if I were in the area.
With the upgraded rooms there is free calls in the US
and the rooms come with a king bed, micro and fridge.
The next generation Red Roof inns, are not like their
former selves.

Room Tip: rooms at the far end are quieter than those toward route 1
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear scott n,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your comments. I am glad to hear the location and amenities met your needs and that you enjoyed the redesign that Red Roof Inn has implemented across the nation. Though we have added fridges, microwaves, new beds, flat screen TVs, all new furniture with a modern design, we still maintain the best value for dollar in the area. I am thrilled to hear Talal provided you exceptional service and I will be sure to share the comments with him as well as praise him for making a personal connection with our guests. Thanks and we hope to see you next time you travel to the area.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great help for marathon runners past weekend. Very supportive and comprehensive of the situation and did as much as possible to help my dad and me. Darvin took care of the situation and provided great help.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Ere13245,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience. The incident that occured during the end of the Boston Marathon this year was one that was tolling on us all, very sad. The hotel was full of runners and spectators from around the world, and it was very depressing to watch all that was going on. We did all we could to provide support and nurture and I am glad to see it was recognized. Thanks again for sharing and we hope you return when you are back in Boston.

Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Tired of being held hostage by city hotels, I tried this place. Not disappointed! Great room, friendly staff and economical. Drove to Oak Grove to pickup Orange Line to Boston. Free WiFi
appreciated. Good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear FrancisButtworth,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to tell others about our property. We are close enough to Boston to make it simple to go to the city, but do not charge the city prices so you can spend more time enjoying Boston! I am glad the staff was friendly and you enjoyed your room, we appreciate the recommendation and hope you see you next time you travel to Boston.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Right when you walk through the door your greeted by a friendly staff! The prices are phenomenal!!! The rooms are Newly renovated and well Maintained! I felt right at home. When I come to visit Boston again, I'll already know where I'm staying! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Jleach923,

Thanks for staying with us and allowing us to be your home away from home. I am so happy to hear you received friendly service the moment you walked in, and I will be sure to praise my staff as well as share these comments with them. We try so hard to offer the best value in this area without sacrifycing service or quality and am so pleased to see that was recognized. Thanks so much for your kind comments and we look forward to your future visit.

Saugus, MA 01906
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!