“If you don't mind hard beds, then its a good choice.”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Bed and pillows were hard, and over stuffed. But thats the only bad thing to say.
I had good service, clean room. Room had a desk, frig, microwave. Bottle water in the frid cold . The parking was good. Like in all motels, walls are thin.

• Stayed: April 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear sunlor,

Thanks for staying with us and informing others about our property. I am so happy to read the service you recent from our staff were nice, the rooms were clean, and the room's amenities (fridge, microwave, desk, and complimentary bottled water) were to your liking. We did complete a major renovation with a brand new design which included all new furniture, fridges & microwaves in all rooms, and so much more. During that renovation we upgraded our mattresses to brand new Serta Rest Suite beds, typically our guests have enjoyed them, I apologize if these were not your preference and appreciate the feedback. I will share your feedback with our team and hope to see you next time you are in the area.Sincerely,

Reviewed March 30, 2013

this place was def the perfect spot to stay for the night on our road trip up to maine.
the outside is nice lots of parking and close to some restaurants. inside is just as nice, one of the nicer red roof inn's ive stayed at.
there were quite a few people in the lobby, and parking so i ran over to the desk so we didnt have to get stuck behind everyone. the lady at the counter was nice gave us the extra towels i had requested upon check in. we reserved a regular 2 bed room- when we went upstairs we found we had been given a king suite. which hey is fine with me a little upgrade woop woop :)

which was very nice it had its own living room area, with a sink/fridge/coffee machine, a small closet, 2 flat screen tvs, and a pull out couch and in the other room was the bed and bathroom.
oddly enough the pull out couch was more comfortable then the regular bed.

my only complaint with this place is that the walls are pretty thin, if your neighbor is loud you'll hear it, if they turn on the water you'll hear it. and when we stayed there was a few buses in the lot so we figured there might be a school trip there since we could here kids through the wall and then that followed with some prank calls but they stopped after we said our suite room came with a caller id.

otherwise i had a great time here, already planning on staying again in a few months.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear ittybittyxx,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to review us! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your upgrade to a Suite, and on occasions when possible we enjoy being able to do this for our guests. As you mentioned, those rooms cost very little more but are double the size. They have a living room that is separate from the bedroom with cabinets, pull-out sofa, its own 37" TV, and more! I do want to apologize if you encountered any annoyances and want to let you know that we are staffed 24/7 and are always happy to assist. If a guest ever has an issue we encourage you to dial 0 from your room and let our front desk resolve the issue immediately. Thanks again and am thrilled to hear you will be back soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here in March 2013 following a flight from Logan. I was very pleased with the room which was newly renovated and featured hardwood floor, flat screen TV, and new furniture. I booked online thru redroofinn.com and only had to pay $86 for a 'superior' room. I doubt there's much better of a deal anywhere in this area, for this level of quality. Only downside was that my room faced Rt 1 and the traffic was pretty noisy, even at night. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face route 1.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear OnionGirl79,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience in this review. We did undergo a full renovation not too long ago and work hard daily to maintain the quality that our guests deserve. I am thrilled to hear that this was visible and you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. As you mentioned, booking with us directly will always get you the best possible rate and I am glad you found us to offer great value as that is a primary goal for us. I apologize if you would have preffered a room on the other side of the hotel, if you return, and we hope you do; make sure to request one on the opposite side and we will be happy to accomodate you. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Darvin (front desk) gave us a very good service. Very much appreciated. He helped us boosting our car in a desperate moment. Thank you again. The rooms were really nice and clean. Nice tv and the location was perfect for people flying the next morning.

Fred labrecque , canada

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Fredlabrecque
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Mr. Labrecque,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled the rooms were clean and nice, you liked the new large flat screen TVs, and the proximity to Logan Airport was ideal for you. I am so happy to hear that Darvin offered assistance when you really needed it and this is how we always try to react to a guest in need. I will be sharing these comments with him and praising him for his hard work. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Boston.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

As usual when visiting Boston I stayed at this hotel. I have been doing this since 2006, and I can honestly say that in general this is a great place to stay. There are many personal reasons for saying this, but objectively I find that the staff and overall atmosphere of the hotel are excellent. The fact that it is located right on Rte. One in Saugus places it in a very convenient place if you are interested in shopping, dining or heading toward Boston City, Cape Cod, New Hampshire or Vermont. Alsp you are within 30 minutes of beaches in Gloucester, Swampscott, Lynn , Marblehead and historic Salem ( home of witches, the Crucible and all that great stuff. Go there....you will not regret it. Jim Burke

Room Tip: First floor is the best. Closerr to the front desk preferable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Burke,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for writing this review, we love having you here! We appreciate the kind words about the staff and this means so much to us as we try to hard to offer each and every guest great service, I will absolutely share this with them and praise them all for their hard work and dedication. Thanks for telling other potential guests about our location and the proximity to all the nice places to visit. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stay at this hotel often while travelling for business. While I am always greeted with a smile and friendliness, there is one staff member that stands out - Talal. He pulls my reservation paperwork as I am walking through the door, greets me by name, is always cheerful and very pleasant. The room are meticulous, the cleaning staff pleasant. I do think the tag "Logan" in the name may be confusing for people not familiar with the area, believing it may be closer to Boston and Logan Airport. It, however, is very convenient, near shopping and numerous restaurants.

Room Tip: I prefer not to stay in an 'end of the hall' room if I know I may get a few extra hours slee...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michele T
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Michele T,

Thanks so much for staying with us, and for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to hear you stay with us often, and even more happy to hear that each time to stay with us you are treated well by Talal. I showed him this review and he is so happy to hear his hard work is recognized. I am also glad the clean team is pleasant and the rooms are always nice to you. Thanks so much for all of these kind comments and we can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The night desk clerk helped carry our bags to our room.
We felt welcome!
I was traveling alone with two minor children and it was hectic collecting all our bags and making all our arrangements and connections. I got extra help from the hotel staff getting a cab and loading our bags into the cab. It is a family friendly facility.

Room Tip: we were close to the lobby and it was conveniently located.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank megan a
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Megan a,

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving this review. I am so happy to hear of the treatment you received from our staff and will be sure to share this with them, and praise them for it as well. As you mentioned, we are very family friendly and will help in any way we can at all times, I am glad this was recognized during your visit with us. Thanks again for sharing this and we hope to see you back next time you visit Boston.

Saugus, MA 01906

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#3 of 5 in Revere
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Best Western Plus North Shore Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!