“New rooms, affordable rates”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Keene, New Hampshire
“New rooms, affordable rates”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here in March 2013 following a flight from Logan. I was very pleased with the room which was newly renovated and featured hardwood floor, flat screen TV, and new furniture. I booked online thru redroofinn.com and only had to pay $86 for a 'superior' room. I doubt there's much better of a deal anywhere in this area, for this level of quality. Only downside was that my room faced Rt 1 and the traffic was pretty noisy, even at night. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face route 1.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear OnionGirl79,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience in this review. We did undergo a full renovation not too long ago and work hard daily to maintain the quality that our guests deserve. I am thrilled to hear that this was visible and you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. As you mentioned, booking with us directly will always get you the best possible rate and I am glad you found us to offer great value as that is a primary goal for us. I apologize if you would have preffered a room on the other side of the hotel, if you return, and we hope you do; make sure to request one on the opposite side and we will be happy to accomodate you. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Saugus, MA 01906

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Darvin (front desk) gave us a very good service. Very much appreciated. He helped us boosting our car in a desperate moment. Thank you again. The rooms were really nice and clean. Nice tv and the location was perfect for people flying the next morning.

Fred labrecque , canada

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Fredlabrecque
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Mr. Labrecque,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled the rooms were clean and nice, you liked the new large flat screen TVs, and the proximity to Logan Airport was ideal for you. I am so happy to hear that Darvin offered assistance when you really needed it and this is how we always try to react to a guest in need. I will be sharing these comments with him and praising him for his hard work. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Boston.

Napanee, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

As usual when visiting Boston I stayed at this hotel. I have been doing this since 2006, and I can honestly say that in general this is a great place to stay. There are many personal reasons for saying this, but objectively I find that the staff and overall atmosphere of the hotel are excellent. The fact that it is located right on Rte. One in Saugus places it in a very convenient place if you are interested in shopping, dining or heading toward Boston City, Cape Cod, New Hampshire or Vermont. Alsp you are within 30 minutes of beaches in Gloucester, Swampscott, Lynn , Marblehead and historic Salem ( home of witches, the Crucible and all that great stuff. Go there....you will not regret it. Jim Burke

Room Tip: First floor is the best. Closerr to the front desk preferable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Burke,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for writing this review, we love having you here! We appreciate the kind words about the staff and this means so much to us as we try to hard to offer each and every guest great service, I will absolutely share this with them and praise them all for their hard work and dedication. Thanks for telling other potential guests about our location and the proximity to all the nice places to visit. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stay at this hotel often while travelling for business. While I am always greeted with a smile and friendliness, there is one staff member that stands out - Talal. He pulls my reservation paperwork as I am walking through the door, greets me by name, is always cheerful and very pleasant. The room are meticulous, the cleaning staff pleasant. I do think the tag "Logan" in the name may be confusing for people not familiar with the area, believing it may be closer to Boston and Logan Airport. It, however, is very convenient, near shopping and numerous restaurants.

Room Tip: I prefer not to stay in an 'end of the hall' room if I know I may get a few extra hours slee...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michele T
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Michele T,

Thanks so much for staying with us, and for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to hear you stay with us often, and even more happy to hear that each time to stay with us you are treated well by Talal. I showed him this review and he is so happy to hear his hard work is recognized. I am also glad the clean team is pleasant and the rooms are always nice to you. Thanks so much for all of these kind comments and we can't wait to welcome you back!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The night desk clerk helped carry our bags to our room.
We felt welcome!
I was traveling alone with two minor children and it was hectic collecting all our bags and making all our arrangements and connections. I got extra help from the hotel staff getting a cab and loading our bags into the cab. It is a family friendly facility.

Room Tip: we were close to the lobby and it was conveniently located.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank megan a
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Megan a,

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving this review. I am so happy to hear of the treatment you received from our staff and will be sure to share this with them, and praise them for it as well. As you mentioned, we are very family friendly and will help in any way we can at all times, I am glad this was recognized during your visit with us. Thanks again for sharing this and we hope to see you back next time you visit Boston.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Those traveling by public transportation beware. This is not a public transportation friendly hotel. I ended up getting off on the closest bus stop to the hotel and having to walk next to the highway in the dark. It is also about 1 hour and 30 minute bus/train ride into Boston.

The rooms are not soundproof at all. I could hear my neighbors tv, conversations and copulating very clearly at late hours into the night. I had to turn my tv up very loudly to drown out their noises while I was just trying to relax and then use earplugs when I slept.

The rooms look nice but the location is absolutely awful and the noise you hear from the other rooms is a big issue.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to those who are relying purely on public transportation to get around or those looking for a quiet place to relax.

Room Tip: If you absolutely must stay here, make sure to get a top floor room. I can't even begin to imagi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Carissa G
Dear Lena M,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am sorry if we need not meet or exceed your expectations, as this is our primary focus at all times. As all of our advertising says, we are located 8 miles north from downtown Boston and Logan Airport. We are also located just 5 miles away from Wonderland T (subway) station which will bring you to Boston in 10 minutes. You can drive and park at the subway station for $5 for the entire day and a quick shot into town, or as you stated, you can walk 1 mile to the bus, take that to another subway station, and take that to the city - however this isn't what we recommend to travelers. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the rooms, however am disappointed to know you had an issue with noise and didn't let us know, we would have loved to been able to fix that for you and are available to do so 24/7.

I hope that you can reconsider us when traveling back to this city, and take our advice for transportation methods are we know the area well. Thanks again for your feedback and we sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future.

Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Close to city, near everything. I went to train station and parked car for the day for $5.00. Then road subway all around town. Great staff. All new nd clean rooms. Very reasonable and friendly. Great eats and shopping nearby

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear drew0911,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to review us. I am glad to hear our location was convenient to you and made for an inexpensive and easy way to enjoy Boston! I am glad the staff treated you well and you found us clean and reasonable for your needs. Thanks again and we hope to see you again next time you travel to this area.

Saugus, MA 01906
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!