My husband and I were looking to spend our anniversary weekend in Boston but had some sticker shock when we started to look for hotels right in the city. After doing some research, I found the Red Roof Inn in Saugus. I was enamored by the great reviews and photos of the newly renovated rooms. I was certainly not disappointed! Check-in was a breeze and our room was gorgeous! They didn't spare anything when remodeling! Everything was super clean, and every day I felt like we were coming back to a cozy, comfortable room.
I was a little hesitant about the location of the hotel after reading some reviews on the highway construction, traffic, and the requirement of driving north to go south, but it worked out perfectly. We drove 15 minute or so to the MBTA Oak Grove Station in Malden and took the Orange line into the city. It saved us a ton of headaches without the traffic and so much money not to have to park in the city. The orange line dumped us out right in the center of Boston! Perfect! It was also great to have a Fuddruckers right next to the hotel - after driving an entire day from Delaware, the last thing we wanted to do was drive somewhere to eat upon arrival. Just a quick walk (a dedicated sidewalk or path would have been nice) and we were eating dinner!
Some other items to mention:
- The sinks are gorgeous, but might be a little too high for children. We didn't mind.
- The hardwood floors in the room above us allowed us to hear our overhead neighbors stomping around all hours of the night. We were already unpacked and moved into our room so we didn't bother mentioning anything to the front desk as we didn't want to change rooms. I would request a room on the top floor if you are sensitive to noise. Otherwise, we didn't hear any noise from the rooms next to us, the hallway, or even the highway noise outside...just the upstairs noise.
- Some hotels are limiting on the electrical outets - not this one! I was pleasantly surprised to find outlets everywhere to charge our various electric devices. There were FOUR on the front of my bedstand and TWO on the front of the microwave. You don't normally find this, so it was much appreciated.
- The complementary bottles of water in the fridge were great after a long drive and to take with us into the city. Thank you!
- Upon arrival, we noticed the faucet to our sink was very loose. We alerted the front desk, and the next day it was completely fixed! What great service!
- The showerheads were phenomenal. You almost don't expect to have great water pressure and an even spray when staying in a hotel such as this. It was super refreshing!
Overall, our stay was amazing! We'll definitely be back if we take another trip to the area. Thanks for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Non-Smoking Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan is Newly Renovated and a great place to relax after seeing Boston's sights- Newbury Street, Boston Commons, Fenway Park, Quincy Market, Boston Harbor, The Freedom Trail, The North End, Back Bay, The New England Aquarium, The Swan Boats, The Museum of Fine Arts, The Science Museum, Harvard University, M.I.T, Tufts University, as well as other famous universities, and so much more. If you are traveling on business, we are just miles away from The Hynes Convention Center, The World Trade Center, Boston's Financial District and Boston Convention and Exhibit Center. If you are here on leisure, catch a concert or see the world famous Boston Celtics or Boston Bruins at TD Garden in Boston or head over to Fenway Park and see the Red Sox! Boston has plenty of fun to offer and in the historic Theatre District you will find several live performances nightly at the Orpheum Theatre, Citi Performing Arts Center, The Charles Playhouse and many others. The Red Roof Inn in Saugus is only 5 miles away from Revere Beach, America's 1st Public Beach as well as Suffolk Downs where you can see exciting horse races most of the year. Don't feel like driving into Boston? Don't worry, we are just 5 miles away from Wonderland T Station (subway) where you can park all day for a very low rate and take a quick 15 minute train ride into the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn - Boston Logan Hotel Saugus
- Red Roof Inn Boston Saugus
- Red Roof Inn Saugus
- Saugus Red Roof Inn