“All-Around Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Felton, Delaware
“All-Around Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I were looking to spend our anniversary weekend in Boston but had some sticker shock when we started to look for hotels right in the city. After doing some research, I found the Red Roof Inn in Saugus. I was enamored by the great reviews and photos of the newly renovated rooms. I was certainly not disappointed! Check-in was a breeze and our room was gorgeous! They didn't spare anything when remodeling! Everything was super clean, and every day I felt like we were coming back to a cozy, comfortable room.

I was a little hesitant about the location of the hotel after reading some reviews on the highway construction, traffic, and the requirement of driving north to go south, but it worked out perfectly. We drove 15 minute or so to the MBTA Oak Grove Station in Malden and took the Orange line into the city. It saved us a ton of headaches without the traffic and so much money not to have to park in the city. The orange line dumped us out right in the center of Boston! Perfect! It was also great to have a Fuddruckers right next to the hotel - after driving an entire day from Delaware, the last thing we wanted to do was drive somewhere to eat upon arrival. Just a quick walk (a dedicated sidewalk or path would have been nice) and we were eating dinner!

Some other items to mention:
- The sinks are gorgeous, but might be a little too high for children. We didn't mind.
- The hardwood floors in the room above us allowed us to hear our overhead neighbors stomping around all hours of the night. We were already unpacked and moved into our room so we didn't bother mentioning anything to the front desk as we didn't want to change rooms. I would request a room on the top floor if you are sensitive to noise. Otherwise, we didn't hear any noise from the rooms next to us, the hallway, or even the highway noise outside...just the upstairs noise.
- Some hotels are limiting on the electrical outets - not this one! I was pleasantly surprised to find outlets everywhere to charge our various electric devices. There were FOUR on the front of my bedstand and TWO on the front of the microwave. You don't normally find this, so it was much appreciated.
- The complementary bottles of water in the fridge were great after a long drive and to take with us into the city. Thank you!
- Upon arrival, we noticed the faucet to our sink was very loose. We alerted the front desk, and the next day it was completely fixed! What great service!
- The showerheads were phenomenal. You almost don't expect to have great water pressure and an even spray when staying in a hotel such as this. It was super refreshing!

Overall, our stay was amazing! We'll definitely be back if we take another trip to the area. Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less of a chance of noise from the rooms above.
1 Thank Erica K
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Erica K,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience with others. I was so happy to hear that on such a special occasion (your anniversary) we were able to provide you with a clean, cozy and comfortable room and made your special time more enjoyable. I am thrilled to read that you were happy with the rooms, location, and service from our team members here. Though we are on a major highway, as you noted there typically isn't any traffic noise. As you mentioned, we do now offer hard wood floor in the rooms, so yes you can hear the people above you walking occasionally. We can always accommodate a top floor room if anyone is sensitive to noise. I am glad you enjoyed the extra outlets in the nightstand which is next to every bed (and thanks for sharing the photo)! In the recent renovation we implemented this because on surveys from our guests this was one item our guests seemed to really want and we wanted to give them just what they wanted. They also wanted new beds, flat screen TVs, and more... so we added that too! The room you were in was Red Roof's latest design and has now been implemented at many Red Roof's across the country with a several more coming up in the near future. We greatly appreciate the positive comments and hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Saugus, MA 01906

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Having gone to a few different hotels over the past 4 years, I had the opportunity to compare many hotels and NONE compare to the price, the service, the location and the awesome rooms provided by the Red Roof Inn - Boston Logan. General Manager Mike Ciulla has a firm grasp on what it takes to offer his customers a satisfying experience. The staff always friendly, the premises always clean and the rooms always ready on time. Free wifi combined with beautifully renovated rooms in a smoke-free environment really made a great hotel even greater. We are repeat customers and it's clear now that if we're heading to the Boston area, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. Five Stars.

Dear Dan L,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I have to say I am thrilled to hear all of the positive comments you have made about our hotel, and want you to know we greatly appreciate them! Reviews like yours encourage us to continue to work our hardest. Our goal is to make sure that all guests feel comfortable, welcome, and important while staying with us and offer the best possible product and value for the area. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Boston!

New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great renovated new rooms, staff very accommodating, especially Darvin. We've stayed here several times and will continue to do so. We love how easy it is to bring the dog and the pet amenities. Everyone is very friendly and eager to please.

Room Tip: Excellent for pets!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mark S,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for the great comments made about our staff, especially Darvin, and the newly renovated rooms. We are very happy knowing you and your dog are pleased with the renovations which we have just completed and enjoy the new upgrades like wood floors, flat screen TVs, Serta Beds, and more. I will be sure to share these comments with our entire team and we all hope to see you and your four legged friend back here next time you are in the area.

Preston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Knowing we'd be arriving in Boston late evening I had booked the Red Roof in Saugus as somewhere not far from the airport and en route for the Maine coast where we were headed the following morning. The room was spotlessly clean, the staff courteous and to be able to relax after a long day's travelling (and lengthy wait for the hire car!!) was great. This hotel certainly felt like value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Rovers09,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience with others. I am so glad to hear you were pleased with your stay here and appreciate the kind words! We do our best to offer a great value, clean room, and exceptional service and we greatly appreciate when those efforts are recognized by guests such as yourself, I will be sure to share this review with our entire team as it is encouragement for us all to continue to try our best. Thanks again and we do hope that next time you are in the area you come see us again!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Room and public areas were very clean, modern design with clean lines & laminate flooring in the room (not carpet).
No frills Inn. Service and welcome from check in staff very limited, probably due to cost.
Noise from the busy road is very noticeable unfortunately, improved glazing would help!! There are eating options within walking distance, although the road is a bit difficult to walk alongside.
If you are looking for a cheap nights stay in a clean (not over quiet) place this is fine!!

Room Tip: Away from the road!!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Blondehairrocks,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience for other travelers to read about. I am glad to hear you felt we were nice, clean and with a modern look. We recently completed a major renovation with inspired with boutique in mind while being able to keep rates economical so travelers can spend money enjoying Boston and not always stuck in the hotel. We do however, want you to feel comfortable while staying with us which is why we added the wood floors and area rugs around the Serta Rest Beds to give you more of an "at home" feel. We also added the spa inspired vessel sinks, large flat screen TVs, plenty of power outlets, all new furniture, and more! I do apologize if any noise from Route 1 bothered you, we do have rooms on the opposite end and will accommodate them to you by request if that is what you prefer. We do appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you on a return visit.

NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for almost 3 months while working on a movie and it was extremely clean and easy! I was truly impressed how clean the room was always kept and the whole hotel. All the house keeping services were excellent and the entire staff was very nice and accomodating when parking filled up late at night. The front office manager Tabitha Charles was always very nice and made sure everything was good with me during my stay. Mike Ciulla the general manager was also very nice and everybody anwsered any questions I had. There is plenty of places to eat that are close, there is book stores, stables, Fed EX, CVS, star bucks, whatever you can think of is around that area and easy to get to. You just have to be patient when exiting the hotel and getting the highway to be extra safe. I don't remember everyone on the staff but everyone was super nice and my stay was quite easy and comfortable. The room is bright, clean, the flat screen TV was really nice. The desk and chair made it easy to work, and I never had to worry about my stuff or car.It made my trip so much easier and I actually missed it when I left. I reccomend this hotel!!! Five stars!! Having a clean, safe, and nice hotel makes such a difference.

Room Tip: I liked the 3rd floor the best for some reason. Can't remember why. Flat screens were the best...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Joseph V,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and share all of the kind words. It was our pleasure to have you here for such a long time and get to know you while staying with us, and I am glad to know that you always felt safe while staying here. I am also happy to hear the location of the hotel worked well for you and that the surrounding shops and restaurants were nice to have around. And, thanks for the kind words about the cleanliness, staff, and rooms. When you stayed we had just finished our renovation and added those flat screen TVs, wood floors, new Serta Rest Suite Beds, furniture and more. Again, thanks for all of the positive feedback and we hope you come back again if your in the area.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were spending a night there before flying home, so were wanting a quiet hotel to get a decent sleep before a long haul flight. I got a good deal online, so for what we paid I was pleasantly surprised. The first room we had was very noisy due to all the movement from the room above. We went down to the reception and he moved us to a room on the top floor, which we were most appreciative of him being so accommodating.

We had a room that was mid hotel so didn't notice the noise from the highway. For us it was a much more affordable option than those hotels closer to the airport, and you don't get the noise of planes taking off and landing.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor, as the floors are not carpeted and the noise travels through the...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear carolynthb,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am happy to hear the front desk was able to accommodate your needs, we always try to meet the requests of all our guests at any time. I am glad you didn't hear any noise from the highway and typically it seems to not really be noticeable, I do apologize if your neighbors were noisy but glad to know it was resolved. Thanks again and we hope you stay with us next time you are in the area.

Saugus, MA 01906
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!