“great service at red roof inn”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Saugus, Massachusetts
“great service at red roof inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have recently been staying at the red roof inn in Saugus Ma on business and the service from Jennifer has been absolutely outstanding. The newly renovated room I am staying in is spacious and clean. I highly recommend it especially for what it provides for the price!! Bang for buck the best place to stay in the Boston area!

Room Tip: ask for Jennifer...she really cares!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Dear vincent s,

Thanks for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am so glad to hear you experienced one of our newly renovated rooms and see you even included a photo... don't worry about making the bed, we do that daily :-). I am also pleased to hear that Jennifer provided you with great service and you found us to offer a good value. We do our best to make all guests feel comfortable, welcome, and important and it sounds Jen did just that. We also try to offer a great value for this area, as you know the greater Boston area tends to be pricier than many other regions. Thanks again and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Saugus, MA 01906

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

My fiance' and I traveled to the Boston Area for the holidays to be with family. Our room was very clean and comfortable. It is located on Route 1, however, I was not disturbed by the noise of the traffic. I would recommend it

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear bbrat71987,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. I am very glad to hear your room was clean and comfortable. As you mentioned we are on a busy highway, however, any rooms facing the highway are sound proof and Route 1 is not busy at all at night. I am glad you didn't have any noise interruptions. Thanks so much for the kind words and we hope you come back again should you return to the area.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I'm experiencing great service excellent reception by a very friendly staff special Jennifer which takes care of any request or demand. The hotel is going through great alterations without any interruption of any service. I saw the new rooms, looks great! Hotel manager Mike is very courteous and efficient, you will see him all the times greeting people and on top of his staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Dear Atef H,

Thanks for always staying with us, and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad the upgrades to the property are to your likings and most importantly, your stays have been uninterrupted. We greatly appreciate the kind words and look forward to your future stays with us!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

I've stayed at many Red Roof Inn's over the year's in different states, and this is one of the nicest !
It is located along Route one, a very busy road with many restaurants and businesses directly north of Boston. It is about a 15 minute drive to the airport if you don't leave during rush hours. The hotel is unassuming on the outside, but very nice on the inside. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are large, clean, comfortable beds, cable t.v, nicely decorated, nice bathroom and shower, and decent continental breakfast offered.
If you don't have a car you will be limited to walking on the side of the road, not really safe to do so, but there is a giant Chinese restaurant next door, and a few other restaurants(Fuddruckers, and a Brazilian buffet) within a half minute walk. Plenty of restaurants in the area will deliver to the hotel in any event.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank dalemulford
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear dalemulford,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am so glad to hear that out of all the Red Roof's you've stayed at... you found us to be the nicest! We are currently undergoing a full renovation and will soon have an all new look that is very modern and sleek. I do hope you come back to see as we are installing flat screen TVs, new plush beds, wood flooring, vessel sinks, and more! As you mentioned, Logan Airport is a quick 15 minute drive, as long as you avoid rush hour and there are several places to eat close by as well as delivery to your room. Although we do not offer a continental breakfast, we are currently running a promotion (Red Roof Plus) which includes a healthy boxed breakfast in your room with juice, oatmeal, dried fruits and nuts, and more. Thanks again and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Cape Cod
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is the first time I've written a review. My husband and I travel extensively for our jobs. We've stayed at every class of hotel/motel. There have been some horrific experiences. All we are looking for is a clean, inexpensive, safe place to sleep. Sometimes I'll find a great place, only to return and find the condition has gone downhill and the price has gone up. My newest discovery is the Red Roof Inn in Saugus Mass. Great value, great customer service. I love the rooms. Modern, simple, functional, clean. Good/free wifi. Close to Boston. Walk to eat. Good night sleep. Bottled water and snacks, and real coffee creamers; not the powdered kind. The elevator wasn't working, but I need the exercise anyway. The heat was blaring when I entered the room, but I could open the window while the ac cooled things down. In fact, the wall unit was quiet enough that I could sleep with it on. My only complaint, and this happens at many hotels, is the safe charge; which is never mentioned at checkin (maybe it's in the fine print?), but appears on my bill at check out. I did not use the safe so they kindly removed it from my bill. Thank you! Please keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Dear JA M,

Thanks so much for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. Our entire staff is happy to hear we are your new favorite place and cannot wait to welcome you back! Actually, when you do return you will be happy to know we will have done a complete upgrade to the lobby and all guest rooms with a sleek modern design that we think you will love. I do apologize the elevator was out of service and it is something that is being addressed with the utmost urgency. As for the safe, we are happy to offer a safe with limited warranty of up to $10,000 in every guest room. We do charge a nominal fee for the safe daily that automatically posts to each account. This is to be disclosed at check-in and as you mentioned we will gladly remove the fee should you opt not to take advantage of this amenity. I apologize if this wasn't communicated to you clearly at check-in and I will be sure to re-train our front desk on the disclosure procedures. I am glad the rest of your stay was pleasant and again we look forward to having you again!

Napanee, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for six years now every time I am in Boston. It is centrally located on Route One in Saugus, Mass., Which is oerhaps the restauraant capital of the area. It is a short drive to many other historic and famous places, such as Salem and Gloucester Mass.
The staff has always been polite and efficient. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and offers a lot for the price. I would recoomend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim B
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Dear Jim B,

Thank you so much for staying with us for the past 6 years, we are very lucky to have loyal guests such as yourself. Our staff takes pride in delivering a clean, comfortable and friendly hotel stay for each and every guest. It is only going to get better now, we are going through a full interior renovation with an all new look! We are upgrading our rooms with new beds, flat screen TVs, wood floors with area rugs under the beds, vessel sinks, and more! I hope that when you stop back on your next trip you get to experience our Next Gen II rooms and I think you will be pleasantly surprised in our modern new look. Again, thank you so much for staying with us, writing this review, and we look forward to having you back in the future.

Newington, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stay here regularly while on business. It's convenient to downtown Boston, as long as you have a car and can follow directions. There's a nearby mall and lots of restaurants. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I had a recently renovated room with hardwood floors and new furniture. Overall, a great value. Stay here and you'll have more money to spend on other things.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jrw7420
i0305, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Dear Jrw7420,

Thanks so much for continuously staying with us and for sharing your experience with others. I am glad to hear you find us convenient and to offer a great value when in the area. I do hope you have signed up for the RediCard Rewards program so that you are earning free nights as you stay with us often. I am glad you were able to experience one of the newly renovated rooms, also, just so you know; they aren't done yet... they will be back shortly to hang the new Flat Screen TVs as well. I am happy to hear you find us clean and comfortable and that all of the surrounding shops and restaurants make your stay with us pleasant. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Saugus, MA 01906
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan? Share your experiences!