“At least the sheets were clean nothing else was...”
Review of Avalon Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saugus
Avalon Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Reviewed October 31, 2011

If I could do it all again I'd pass...Felt as if I were staying at the motel from psycho the movie. I had to even me fiddle wig lock on door to lock door from inside.

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank sams2001
There are newer reviews for Avalon Motel

Reviewed April 2, 2011

I stayed at the avalon for awhile I didn't want to but u can't get a room around here cause of
homeless mothers the state pays for them so it hard to get a room I'm living from motel to motel right now its a tough time in life. So I no motels the Avalon is the worst they have rug burns on all their rugs they never wash that comforter on the bed the TVs r bad wholes in walls and floor plumbing stinks no water pressure the water dribbles on u. The staff most of them very rude they have maids on the weekend who r junkies self admitted and all they did was complain how they hated their jobs. The place is a slum and who ever wrote anything good about this place most own or work there cause there's nothing good about it.

• Stayed: April 2011
9  Thank Fredingra
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Stayed the weekend at the motel. It was located close to Boston and right on Rt1. Rooms were nice. I read the other review when I got home and this is the only reason im writing. We got a non-smoking room and it smelled fine. Everything else was what you would expect from a small motel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank B-Naugler
Reviewed March 8, 2009

liked the name online, got in the room, and saw why they have no pictures on their site.
The room smelled like smoke, there were cigarette burns in the carpet. The nightstand was full of graffitti in the drawer. The shower was small, with no full size towels. The entertainment center was chipped. The bedding even smelled of smoke, we wondered how clean it was.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BillyYank
Reviewed March 7, 2007

I was pleasantly surprised when i checked in to the Avalon Motel. I was in Boston for the weekend and didn't want to pay the high Boston hotel prices and found this small motel just outside of Boston. While the Avalon is not in the upper end of the Hotel scale they do offer a clean, neat and friendly environment. Our stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed November 9, 2006

Yes not only does the Avalon allow 18 plus but it also allows other questionable activity. On any given visit Ive had fellow guests that were dealing/doin drugs, prostitutes, amoung other criminal/perv intented. The price is right but you get what ya pay for. So keep that in mind. Definately NOT a family place for gods sake!!!

Stayed: August 2006
5  Thank thirdshift69
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed May 30, 2006

I am a NYC chick who travels to MA on occasions. I would go to MA and since i was only 19 a lot of motels would give me problems and I wasnt able to get a room. Now Avalon Motel was great when it came to this. Yes they card but if you are not 21 they wont give you a hard time getting a room at all. Make sure you dont cause any trouble and you wil be fine. The rooms are clean as well as the bathroom. Now one thing that caught my eye was that for it being a motel you saw no "naughty" channels. To me its a good thing though. Dunkin Donuts is right next door. They open early in the morning until late at night. I have stayed in this motel a total of three times since 04/2005. I will definitely recommend it to anyone. By the way prices are about 65 a night.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport

Been to Avalon Motel? Share your experiences!