“a typical holiday inn express”

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The stay was good, including breakfast, parking and wifi. The kids played in the swimming pool, however, it seems the pool is not well maintained with many ants and other insects in the water. We also requested high level room, which was not honored. Nonetheless, the stay was good compared with our previous two hotels during the trip with similar prices.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Frank D,

Thank you for your feedback. We will be monitoring the pool closer so as no other guests have the same experience in the pool as you had. Your comments pertaining to the staff are greatly appreciated as they really enjoy working with our guests and meeting new people everyday.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was booked in a smoking room without my knowledge. They had no other options and couldn't make any changes. It was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. How can you still have smoking rooms?

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Mark P,

I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced and being placed in a smoking room. I would love to listen to the issue so I can figure out how it happen you were placed in a smoking room. Our hotel does have smoking rooms in it and we do try to accommodate our guests as much as possible if they mistakenly book one of our smoking rooms.

Please contact me directly on your next trip to our area so I can ensure you do not get placed in a smoking room at 781-233-1800 ext. 3152.

At your service,

Reviewed July 8, 2014

It would be tough to find a better staff than those found at this property. Give them a raise! The only problem I had was the wifi in my room had a weak signal. An issue with whomever decided where the routers would be placed. Our room was at the end of the hall on the 3rd floor so it was on the edge of the signal. The staff begged me to change rooms so that I would have a stronger signal. But...moving is a pain in the a.. and I am stubborn sometimes. The holders of the wifi signal should take this as a hint that they need to re-evaluate the signal at this property.

Very clean room from top to bottom. Bathroom, shower, toilet, everything was clean. The floor staff does a great job keeping the rooms clean. The hot breakfast was Express quality and plenty of it available even with the girls softball team staying at the hotel.

The airport shuttle is an excellent way to get to town via the mass transit system. As I look at it, it was not designed for those needing to get to and from at specific times because you just don't know about traffic. If you want to get into the city and back to the hotel, then take the shuttle to the airport metro station and head to town. Free shuttle and just under 3 buck subway ride, you can't complain.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear roborant,

Thank you so much for you compliment on our staff and hotel in general. This staff does set itself apart and makes our guests stays be awesome ones. They enjoy working with people and helping them out anyway they can. In regards to the wifi we will definitely be looking into this issue since we upgraded our bandwith and added access routers throughout so guests did not experience such issues as the one you experienced.

Once again I thank you and we look forward to your next visit to our area.

At your service,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed at this location on consecutive Saturdays and it was terrific both times. If you're lucky, you'll get to interact with Jessica at the front desk: personable, attentive, humorous, one who genuinely goes out of her way to be helpful.
It's a 7 minute walk to the Friendly's Restaurant, easy and pleasant if the weather's good.
Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear DavidFL2014,

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased you found Jessica to be friendly and humorous. She is a great asset to our team and enjoys helping our guests and just making their stay a wonderful one. Rest assured your review has been shared with her. Such reviews as yours keep our staff motivated to always deliver great service as it is always recognized by our guests.

Proudly,

Assistant General Manager

P.S. - Jessica apologies for being off by "2 minutes" on the walk to the restaurant.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

First, the facility itself is a typical Holiday Inn Express...clean, well equipped and maintained. I chose it because it calls itself an airport hotel with free shuttle service. They also offer shuttle to/from the nearest metro station which also happens to be on the airport. The actual trip takes 25 or more minutes. You must call from the airport and the wait averages 20 minutes or more. On one return from the metro, it was over 90 minutes between my call and our arrival at the Inn. The van is allegedly scheduled to depart the Inn hourly but was over 15 minutes late on two of three trips.
This is NOT an "Airport Hotel". We lost precious vacation time due to the van issue. We won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CRBUSAF

Dear CRBUSAF,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had issues with our complimentary van service to the airport. Our shuttle service to the airport is what designates us as an airport hotel and which many of our guests find adds value to them staying in our establishment. Many of our guests enjoy this service and trade off the 15-20 minute drive in free flowing traffic (up to 40 minutes with traffic) to our hotel instead of staying in the airport or downtown Boston as we are the economical choice.

I do hope if your travels bring you back to our area you will provide us with an opportunity to better serve you. If you do please contact me at 781-233-1800 or ludwing.ardon@baywoodhotels.com.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed at the hotel on business. The service was incredible. The counter staff (Dominick, Lisa and Jessica) was the best I have ever dealt with. They were very friendly and helpful in setting up a special request we had for a meeting. They made sure the meeting went without a hitch. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was awesome. I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for Dominick, Lisa or Jessica
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear William F,

It is great to hear you received such great service from Dominic, Lisa, and Jessica. The staff being accommodating to our guests needs and such service as the one you received are typical for most of our guests. I will be sharing your information with all the members so they know their great service is recognized.

Proudly,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Spent a week in this establishment. When arriving the staff was pretty helpful. Although first impressions were not everything. The young gentleman that was working on the 1st day was very helpful, but it all went downhill from there. The night shift staff was not friendly or very helpful. Staff was not friendly, not sure if that is just Boston, but I am used to Texas hospitality. When asking for taxis or any extra help, it was not easily given. The rooms were old, although roomy. My room did not cool well, I left the A/C on full blast for a week and on Friday, the room still had not cooled, I did not sleep well at all because of this. The beds were comfy, and the pillows were nice, for the upside of things. We were told that the Shuttle was booked, when requesting for a departure to the airport on Friday morning. While observing Friday morning, the shuttle was not running at all, just sitting in the parking lot. The staff did not try to accommodate us in any way, although they had scheduled shuttles for other members. This did not sit well with me being a manager for a major company in the area. Over all, I was not impressed with the service of this hotel. They say that it’s conveniently located to the airport, but due to traffic it's a 45 minute drive in the morning and a 30 minute drive in the evening. About a $45 taxi ride each trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear TommyF387,

Thank you so much for your review. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. The service you experienced is not typical of our staff as many of our guests enjoy our friendly, helpful and accommodating staff. Rest assure your feedback will be shared with the staff as they always strive to improve.

I hope on your next trip up, you will provide us with the opportunity to make your stay complete satisfaction. If you decide to provide us this opportunity, please give me a call at 781-233-1800 ext. 3152 or you can contact me by email at ludwing.ardon@baywoodhotels.com.

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport Revere
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
3 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!