“Good hotel...comfy bed...sort of close to airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Good hotel...comfy bed...sort of close to airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed here this week mainly based on price and proximity to airport. We had a flight early in the morning, and had to drop rental car off, so we did not use the hotel shuttle. It took us about 15 minuted to get to airport at 4:45 am, so it will most likely take longer in traffic. It isn't the easiest to get to food based on the highway, but the hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the bathroom...the sink was in the room, while tub and toilet were in separate room. This isn't a deal breaker for me, but the room could be updated a bit. My brother had some troubles in his room, but the hotel staff took care of the issue without any problems. The breakfast was very good, and the area was clean. If I were flying out of Boston, I would probably stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear EmilyandBill,

Thank you so much for having chosen us to be your host before you flew out of Logan Airport. Many guests choose us due to our "price and proximity to the airport", as you mentioned. We are located about 15-20 minutes from the airport and Boston in free flowing traffic, with traffic it can take up to approximately 35-40 minutes.

I am pleased you found our staff to be helpful and our hotel to be clean and comfortable. This type of service makes us the better value to staying in the airport or the city.

We hope to see you in the future and be your host again.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Thai first
Willow Spring, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel as we experienced our first trip to Boston and our first Red Sox game. It was a little out of the way, but the professionalism of the staff made the distance only a slight inconvenience. The person who checked us in was Nicole. From the first contact she was helpful and informative. She advised us on how to travel when in the city and gave us recommendations for nearby places to eat. She even took the time to help map out routes for us to make our trip from the airport train station to Fenway Park. The morning after the game, she even asked us how we enjoyed it. That is the way to make a guest feel welcome and important. Way to go Nicole. I later found out that she was the hotel's director of sales. Naturally we also encountered the service staff and a lady who I believe was the supervisor of the staff. All were equally professional. The shuttle drivers, the kitchen staff and all the people working the front desk were equally pleasant and accommodating. Once when we were catching the shuttle to town, one of the persons who I believe may have been a member of management drove the shuttle. This man was truly a team player.
The room was clean and I didn't notice anything anywhere within the building that was questionable. Also, it was quiet. Even with all the traffic outside which was constant with a loud buzz if you stood outside the building, it was quiet when on the inside. My son and I were both impressed with the comfort of the beds. Many times in hotels, you don't get the quality of sleep that you want. But the beds in our room were great. No trace of a sore back when I woke up each morning we were there.
I recommend this hotel if you are staying in the greater Boston area and don't mind being just a little out of the way.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kenny T,

It is great to hear Nicole and the rest of the staff were able to off set our hotel being a little bit out of the way from the airport or the city. Such service as the one Nicole provided you is what helps to set us apart from the closer hotels. The staff truly care about the guests they encounter and are always looking to help out.

Definitely look forward to your next visit to our area.

Proudly,

Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I agree with another review - this should not have Airport in the name. It is 30 minutes from the airport when traffic is good - longer when it isn't. There are only a few options to eat within walking distance, but the staff is very helpful about providing a number of delivery options if you like the food in your room.

The room was clean and the staff was great. The only pet peeve I had was the shuttle. Since the hotel is not really that close, it would be nice to have it run every 1/2 an hour. They are good about making it clear about booking the shuttle - I missed booking it and ended up having to take a taxi that morning.

The rooms have thin walls but I was able to sleep without no problems. The breakfast bar is the standard Holiday Inn Express but the dining area is nice and large so there was plenty of room to eat without issues.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear AZIcebear,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. As you mentioned our location is a little bit further away from the airport than most airport hotels. Our complimentary shuttle service and breakfast along with our great staff make us a great value to many of our guests.

We hope to see you in future again shall your travels bring you back to our area.

Yours in hospitality,

South Jordan, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were in town for me to run the marathon. All but one of the shuttle drivers were pleasant and informative. I understand, by mileage, they are close to the airport, but with traffic, it is at least a 15-20 minute trip, so plan accordingly. Our room was clean and well maintained. The manager had overheard my wife and I talking about the marathon and asked if I was running. I told him I was. He then asked what runners would want for breakfast the morning of the marathon so he could make sure he took care of us. I was impressed with his desire to take care of his customers. After the first night there, the staff knew us by sight and greeted us with a smile and asked how our day had been. We asked for a recommendation for seafood and they didn't fail. We did have an issue with a housekeeper our first morning. After a two hour time change, we ended up sleeping later than we thought. She knocked as we almost ready to leave and I told her we would be done in about 10 or 15 minutes. We heard another knock 2 or 3 minutes later and the housekeeping manager was there and asked when we would be leaving. I saw the housekeeper I had just spoken to, standing a few feet behind the manger with a mad look on her face and her arms folded. I told the manager we would be 5 or 10 more minutes. She thanked us and left. We left about 5 minutes later, but when we returned at about 11 that night, we found our room hadn't been touched. We complained to the front counter and they were very apologetic and said they would report the matter to the general manager first thing in the morning. They asked if we needed anything and gave us a supply of fresh towels and toiletries. While I was irritated by this housekeeper and one shuttle driver, the management's attentiveness and caring made those issues seem very minor. We'll be returning to Boston and will have no reservations about staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear FinzA1A,

I apologize for the behavior you experienced from two of our staff members. Such service is not acceptable from our team. The service and responsiveness you experienced from the rest of the staff is what many of our guests experience and the type of service our staff expects each to deliver to our guests.

Your review will be shared with the appropriate departments to ensure they understand it is not acceptable to let the guest down.

I hope you provide us with another opportunity in the future for you to experience great service all around and not just the majority of our staff.

Tyler,Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here recently the night before we flew home. The front desk staff was wonderful. They helped us in many ways. They picked us up at the airport after dropping off our rental early and then took us back to the airport the next morning. Very prompt. We had a problem with a souvenir we bought and they were really helpful in getting us things to get it packed safely. They also recommended a great place to eat in the area with directions. Plus it was a very nice hotel. Very clean. It's a great place to stay to get to and from the airport. There was a mall right down the road.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Imarshall,

I am pleased the staff were able to help you out throughout your stay. Such service as the one you experienced is what the staff always strives to deliver to all the guests they come in contact with. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated by the staff.

We look forward to your next visit.

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel itself was fine - It was in need of a few updates, but otherwise, it was exactly what I expect from Holiday Inn Express. Nothing fancy, but comfortable.

We stayed in this hotel as a quick flight stopover - I mistakenly believed that a hotel that had Airport in its name would be close to the airport and thus a good choice for the quick stopover. So wrong...It was a 25 minute drive to the hotel at midnight without traffic or construction. Not only does this mean you have to ride in the van for 25 minutes to actually get to the hotel, but you're also left waiting at the airport for at least half an hour if the shuttle leaves the hotel as soon as you call. If the van just left the airport and still has to drop off and then come back to the airport, it could be much longer than that.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone that was actually staying in the area, but never to someone who was trying to find an actual airport hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Jo121113,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased you found our hotel to be comfortable for you and your family. As you mentioned, we are the farthest hotel from the airport with a complimentary airport shuttle. Due to this many guests find us as the economical choice to staying in the airport or downtown by trading the distance for the value. We do hope when you are in the area next you will allow us to be your host again.

Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here as it was much less expensive than staying in Boston. The staff were amazing, very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. The shuttle back to the airport to the train station can take a while due to traffic but the shuttle drivers do their best. Our only complaint was there are a lot of restaurants in the area but are not reachable by foot.Most of the restaurants are on the other side of an uncrossable highway. The only two within walking distance are a Hooters and Friendly's.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JimBob730,

Friendly and helpful service is what our staff look to always deliver and I am glad you experienced the sort of service our staff has come to be known for. As you mentioned our hotel is more economical to staying in Boston or in the airport due to our shuttle service to the airport and the airport train station. The subway in Boston makes it easy to get around the city and enjoy all it has to offer.

We hope to see in the future and please speak with the front desk and we would be more than glad to arrange a shuttle to the restaurants near by as many guests like to have a varied choice than Friendly's or Hooters.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!