“Hotel was being fixed up when I stayed with them”

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a typical HIE located close to the airport and close to GE Engine Shop in Lynn. They hotel was being spruced up when I stayed with them, so it was not in the best of shape when I stayed. Check more recent reviews to get an update on the hotels updating of the rooms, reception and restaurant. Overall, I had a good stay and the staff were very nice. I look foreword to staying with them again to see how it looks when it is all done.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cal L
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Cal L,

Thank you for posting a review about your July stay. I am pleased you found your stay to be to your satisfaction. As you mentioned we are close to the GE engine shop in Lynn which makes us a great choice to staying in the area.

Once again I thank you and look forward to your next visit.

At your service,

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Located a good distance from the downtown, so expect about $50 cab ride each way if you're going out for the night. Decor was fairly normal. Bed was a bit lumpy however not to the point of lack of sleep. The staff were really great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Ghost_of_the_World,

Thank you for posting a review about your January stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Many of our guests who choose to stay with us do so due to the fact we have a complimentary shuttle service which goes to the airport and the airport train station. This, coupled with our free breakfast makes us the economical choice to staying in the airport or Boston.

Do to a new preventative maintenance procedure we have in place many of our guests comment they enjoy their sleep in one of our beds. Many guests such as you also mention how great our staff is and the service they deliver.

At your service,

Reviewed November 30, 2013

The location (close to the airport but not AT the airport) was great. We only stayed one night, but everything was terrific! We arrived at Boston Logan positively brain-dead after a 30 hour flight (in economy!) and knew we just needed some sleep and a little TLC... Holiday Inn Express totally stepped up on all fronts.

I called for pickup and the FREE hotel van arrived in about 20 minutes. The van driver helped with the luggage and zipped us to the hotel. Checkin was quick and easy with the clerk helping us with different menus for takeout and setting up the van service for the next morning.

The room itself was just average: but it was warm (on the FREEZING night), comfortable and good wifi service, We were asleep in minutes -- too tired to wait for a pizza to be delivered.

We were up very early.& eager for the hot breakfast, At 6AM we headed to the lounge hoping to find at least hot coffee. The woman setting up breakfast was amazing sweet and kind. With us underfoot as she was setting up for a 6:30AM breakfast, she kindly helped us with coffee supplies and an under-cover-hold-you-over doughnut. (Thank you!)

At 6:30 on the dot, breakfast was ready: Hot scrambled eggs, bacon, make-your-own pancakes, breads/toast, and YUMMY hot, gooey cinnamon buns. We were starved! I had 2 helpings topped off with a cinnamon bun. My husband was worse. It was AWESOME. The woman in charge of the setup was in constant attendance: refreshing supplies, ensuring dishes hot but also never empty, stations clean, etc. It was impressive.

At 8Am we snagged the van to drop us at the rental car place down the street (again, free and very convenient!) . Once there, I realized I had forgot my backpack with my laptop at the hotel -- That was a first & I was in a panic! We called and the bag was immediately found and the staff held it until we were able to swing back for pickup. Thank you!

All in all, it was just a quick overnight, but the staff attention and little extras made all the difference! Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kmcoyle

Dear Kmcoyle,

Thank you for your favorable review on your recent stay with us. As an experience traveler, I am pleased you found our service and accomodations to be up to par. Your commens pertaining to our breakfast attendant is greatly appreciated. Our breakfast attendants always look to stay on top of items so nothing runs out and everything stays fresh.

As you mentioned we have a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport along with our breakfast make us the economical choice to staying in the airport or close to Boston.

Once again I thank you and look forward to your next visit to our area.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

stay at the Holiday Inn Saugus between 10 and 18 days per month. The property is nice, close to everything you could need, but its the employees of this hotel that make me feel like it is home when i come here, front desk has Jasmine, Steve, Nicholas, Yaitza and Isaais- always welcoming me back, i ride the van from the airport with Stavi, the old soccer player/accountant from Albania and my friend Adi, who talks with me about everything, from world politics to European history to luxury cars! Everyone knows me by name, and goes above and beyond to make sure i enjoy my time at my home away from home! I have nothing but great things to say about the hotel and my time here feels less like work and more like home.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Rick B

Dear Rick B,

Thank you for taking the time to post such an awesome review about our staff and hotel. The staff really enjoyed seeing this review and the fact you see us as your "home away from home." They greatly enjoying having you as a guest and always delivering great service to you on each one of your stays.

Till next time,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My stay there was amazing.Wonderful beds, quiet room and wonderful breakfast. During your stay there you could find a wonderful staff anything that you need you will find a solution as soon you approach their staff. Starting from the housekeepers and ending up with front desk staff. They will be very helpful and nicely. The fact that is not a hotel close to downtown Boston you could still make it there using there free shuttle to the subway. Me and my fiancee was very please staying at this hotel. Thank You Holiday Inn for all your wonderful service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yeyei D
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear YeYei D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased you found all of our amenities to your satisfaction and made your stay "amazing" as they are many of the reasons the guests choose to stay with us. Our complimentary breakfast make it easy for guests to get their day started on the right track. In addition our complimentary shuttle service makes it easy to get to and from the airport as well as Boston.

Once again I thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I can't understand the negative reviews. Sure, this hotel is 10 miles from Logan airport, but that fact is fully disclosed on the IHG website. If you sort by distance to Logan, this hotel is not near the top of the list.
Yes, there is no restaurant attached to this hotel, but that is true of all Holiday Inn Express hotels....Duh! Only Holiday Inns usually have restaurants.

I was in the Boston area for business, and stayed here 2 nights. The hotel staff was excellent and very accommodating. Dominic, the night manager, knows the value of customer service. I was greeted in a friendly manner, and as a IHG Platinum member, I was recognized with free water and snacks. The hotel also has close-by parking for IHG Platinum members, which was handy. However, they do need to enforce it a bit better, as there were folks parking there who were clearly not Platinum members (I heard one group mention that they were not). This hotel staff really knows how to reward loyalty!

Dominic went the extra mile for me. The first night, I asked him about a nearby restaurant. He informed me that it was closed, but he proactively recommended another one, which was better, and then he actually called them to find out how late they were open. He then called my room to give me the information, and the address and phone number. Now that is great customer service! Kudos to Dominic!

The room was fine. The furniture and carpet were a bit dated, and this is the only reason I give a 4 star rating instead of 5. But everything was very clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff was very friendly, and gave me extra coffee and condiments when I asked. They also made up my room early when I had returned from my meeting earlier than expected.
The room was quiet, and I slept very well!

The breakfast was excellent. Hot, fresh and well stocked. I always like the cinnamon rolls! The breakfast area was clean and well maintained.

The location is north of the airport, in a high traffic area. It takes 20 min to get the airport with light traffic, and double that if there is heavy traffic. The hotel is located on highway US 1. The traffic on the road is heavy, and usually high speed, so you have to be careful when pulling out onto the highway from side roads or businesses.
There is a large variety of restaurants nearby within driving distance.

I had a very pleasant stay, and I would definitely stay here again when in the Boston area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank rwmiller56
HIExpressSaugus, Hotel Staff at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear rwmiller56,

I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the front desk, I try my hardest to make guests feel at home and assist them in any way that I can. Great customer service is something I strive for at the front desk, and will always try my best to make our guests have the best stay that they can.

Yours truly,
Dominic Landry
Front Desk

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Holiday inn express's are usually newer and clean and this one was. But it is a good 25 minutes from the airport which ended up being fine. I think we had more restaurant choices where we were. All in all it was fine

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear BNKcalif,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you found our hotel to your satisfaction. We are located on Rt. 1 which is about 15-20 minutes to the airport in free flowing traffic. This also leaves us within 10 minute walks to local restaurants and shopping plazas.

We look forward to your next visit to the area.

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
4 mi away
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Boston Marriott Peabody

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!