“My home away from home”

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

stay at the Holiday Inn Saugus between 10 and 18 days per month. The property is nice, close to everything you could need, but its the employees of this hotel that make me feel like it is home when i come here, front desk has Jasmine, Steve, Nicholas, Yaitza and Isaais- always welcoming me back, i ride the van from the airport with Stavi, the old soccer player/accountant from Albania and my friend Adi, who talks with me about everything, from world politics to European history to luxury cars! Everyone knows me by name, and goes above and beyond to make sure i enjoy my time at my home away from home! I have nothing but great things to say about the hotel and my time here feels less like work and more like home.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Rick B
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Rick B,

Thank you for taking the time to post such an awesome review about our staff and hotel. The staff really enjoyed seeing this review and the fact you see us as your "home away from home." They greatly enjoying having you as a guest and always delivering great service to you on each one of your stays.

Till next time,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My stay there was amazing.Wonderful beds, quiet room and wonderful breakfast. During your stay there you could find a wonderful staff anything that you need you will find a solution as soon you approach their staff. Starting from the housekeepers and ending up with front desk staff. They will be very helpful and nicely. The fact that is not a hotel close to downtown Boston you could still make it there using there free shuttle to the subway. Me and my fiancee was very please staying at this hotel. Thank You Holiday Inn for all your wonderful service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yeyei D
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear YeYei D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased you found all of our amenities to your satisfaction and made your stay "amazing" as they are many of the reasons the guests choose to stay with us. Our complimentary breakfast make it easy for guests to get their day started on the right track. In addition our complimentary shuttle service makes it easy to get to and from the airport as well as Boston.

Once again I thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I can't understand the negative reviews. Sure, this hotel is 10 miles from Logan airport, but that fact is fully disclosed on the IHG website. If you sort by distance to Logan, this hotel is not near the top of the list.
Yes, there is no restaurant attached to this hotel, but that is true of all Holiday Inn Express hotels....Duh! Only Holiday Inns usually have restaurants.

I was in the Boston area for business, and stayed here 2 nights. The hotel staff was excellent and very accommodating. Dominic, the night manager, knows the value of customer service. I was greeted in a friendly manner, and as a IHG Platinum member, I was recognized with free water and snacks. The hotel also has close-by parking for IHG Platinum members, which was handy. However, they do need to enforce it a bit better, as there were folks parking there who were clearly not Platinum members (I heard one group mention that they were not). This hotel staff really knows how to reward loyalty!

Dominic went the extra mile for me. The first night, I asked him about a nearby restaurant. He informed me that it was closed, but he proactively recommended another one, which was better, and then he actually called them to find out how late they were open. He then called my room to give me the information, and the address and phone number. Now that is great customer service! Kudos to Dominic!

The room was fine. The furniture and carpet were a bit dated, and this is the only reason I give a 4 star rating instead of 5. But everything was very clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff was very friendly, and gave me extra coffee and condiments when I asked. They also made up my room early when I had returned from my meeting earlier than expected.
The room was quiet, and I slept very well!

The breakfast was excellent. Hot, fresh and well stocked. I always like the cinnamon rolls! The breakfast area was clean and well maintained.

The location is north of the airport, in a high traffic area. It takes 20 min to get the airport with light traffic, and double that if there is heavy traffic. The hotel is located on highway US 1. The traffic on the road is heavy, and usually high speed, so you have to be careful when pulling out onto the highway from side roads or businesses.
There is a large variety of restaurants nearby within driving distance.

I had a very pleasant stay, and I would definitely stay here again when in the Boston area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank rwmiller56
HIExpressSaugus, Hotel Staff at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear rwmiller56,

I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the front desk, I try my hardest to make guests feel at home and assist them in any way that I can. Great customer service is something I strive for at the front desk, and will always try my best to make our guests have the best stay that they can.

Yours truly,
Dominic Landry
Front Desk

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Holiday inn express's are usually newer and clean and this one was. But it is a good 25 minutes from the airport which ended up being fine. I think we had more restaurant choices where we were. All in all it was fine

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear BNKcalif,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you found our hotel to your satisfaction. We are located on Rt. 1 which is about 15-20 minutes to the airport in free flowing traffic. This also leaves us within 10 minute walks to local restaurants and shopping plazas.

We look forward to your next visit to the area.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This place is by no means near city center, but the free shuttle to/from the hotel/airport/T station and the friendly, helpful staff more than make up for the location. If you like seeing the suburbs, you have about a 20 minute ride to soak in the sights. Shuttles leave the hotel on the hour and pick ups from the airport/T go through midnight.
The hotel was modern, clean, and had a knowledgeable front desk staff. The free breakfast was fresh and the scrambled eggs were even good! (Compared to the paper tasting eggs I've had elsewhere.)
The beds were comfy with plenty of pillows for each bed. Linens were clean and crisp. The bathroom was spacious enough, but the sink/vanity was outside the toilet/tub area...something I liked tremendously.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear ryeholts,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent satisfactory stay with us. I am pleased you found all our amenities to your liking. Our complimentary shuttle service and breakfast allow us to be the economical choice to staying in the city or the airport. Your comments pertaining to your comfort in the beds and pillows are welcomed as we have just switched all the pillows in our rooms. The staff in the hotel always strive to deliver great service to our guests and I am pleased they delivered.

Proudly,

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I stay there for vacation. I pick that hotel for the affordable price. Check in at the hotel was fast and they have an answer for all my questions. Later during my stay I needed a couple of directions and the manager Yaitza was able to explain everything that I need and also print out directions to all the places that I need. This is a wonderful hotel with a very helpful staff. I will stay again on my next vacation. Thank You.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank litotc787

Hi litotc787,

Thank you for taking the time to post a favorable review about your recent stay with us. As you mentioned we are a great economical choice to staying in the airport or Boston. Couple that with such employees as Yaitza and you have yourself a great enjoyable value. Reviews such as yours is joy to share with the staff as their service is greatly appreciated.

Once again I thank you and we look forward to your visits in the future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We spent one night here as a 'stay, park, fly' package. Check-in was a trifle slow as the attendant asked many questions of the man in front of us, but he was very thorough and polite. He zipped us through and took care of everything (wake up call, shuttle time). Our room was very clean and comfortable. Everything we needed was there, including a very comfortable bed and great shower. Breakfast, for a freebie, was pretty good! Wide variety; cold cereal, juices, coffee, yogurt, scrambled eggs (not real), bacon, assortment of bread/bagel/muffins and fruit. We ate around 6:30 when it opened and it was very quiet. At 7am the driver was waiting to take us to Logan. All went smoothly. This is our third time staying here with this package and it worked out great all three times. Plenty of local and chain restaurants nearby, too. When we arrived at Logan after our trip, we called the hotel and were told where to wait and a driver would be there in 5 minutes. He got there in about 1 minute! Beautiful! It is quite a distance from the airport but the shuttle is free, parking is free (in a secure garage and we keep the car key), breakfast is free and we got a great deal through Trinity Reservations. Otherwise, I feel the hotel rack rate is a bit inflated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tonitraveller
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear tonitraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post a favorable review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you found all our amenities to your satisfaction as it is what the staff aims for. Our complimentary airport shuttle and breakfast make us the ideal choice to staying in the airport. It allows people to save a bit more than staying in the airport.

We hope to continue to be your host for your future visits.

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#3 of 5 in Revere
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!