“This is not Boston Logan Airport:”

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Washington DC
“This is not Boston Logan Airport:”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I booked this HI Express because when I searched on the IHG.com web site for Boston Logan Airport and this hotel came up. Since I had never been to Boston, I had no reason to think that it was not at Logan. However it is not at Logan, and really not even close. I am Priority Platinum and Royal Ambassador, so I do travel a lot and am used to checking for certain things that are important to me. First, the wifi and second the pillows. Due to business I spent two nights on arrival and then left for Worcester, MA. and returned for two more nights. On my first stay, the WIFI was horrible, in fact could not even stay connected, if I did and moved from the desk to the bed, I was disconnected and had to sign in again or if I moved anywhere in the room, I had to start the sign in process all over again. I called the front desk and they said that they were fully booked and that must be the reason.

The pillows were horrible, I went to the front desk, but they only had one pillow for me see if it was better. It was worse and also smelled. Breakfast on the day of my first departure was not ready on time, if fact it was 15 minutes late and still no coffee.

NOW to my return visit.

WIFI worked fine, still had to sign in all over every day or when I turned my IPAD,I Phone or computer off or on. Breakfast was not much better and the last day they ran out of milk at 8AM. Pillows no better than the first stay.

Now for the good things. Isaais Castro!! He knew my name on my return, was very professional as well as helpful in finding places to eat and helping me plan a one day tour of Boston. John one of the van drivers was also very helpful and went out of his way to help me with my rental car. The last driver, however on my return to Boston Logan was rude very rude. If I had known all of this prior to my trip, I would have booked a hotel in Boston. The management should reward Mr. Castro. In fact I heard several other people thanking him for his professional assistance.

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor and at the end of the hall on my first trip and I had no sound issues...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear collector,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I would further more like to thank you for being a loyal IHG Platinum and Ambassador member, your patronage is greatly appreciated. Now to your feedback, we will be checking into the Wi-Fi issues you have reported and I would like to also inform you IHG has changed the standard pillows. This change will begin to take place towards the latter parts of this year. I am pleased you found Isaais and John to be very helpful and professional. They are a fine examples of a team which always strives to deliver great customer service to all our guests.

Once again I thank you for your candid feedback. The staff and I hope you provide us with an opportunity to showcase our constant improvement.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Thai first
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Everything was great, clean, nice people at the front desk. The only thing I did not like was I stayed in July and the hallways, elevator, and our room when we arrived were all hot and not ventilated. Most hotels keep the A/C on in your room before you arrive, but this one the A/C was off causing the room to be muggy and smell a little funny. When we would leave the room the hallways were particuarly stifling along with the elevator, again causing a muggy smell. Once we put the A/C on it was fine though. That being said I paid $160 for the room on a weekend and the receptionists were very nice, the rooms were clean, and its comforting you know what you are going to get with a Holiday Inn. The only things I truly care about when it comes to a hotel are: quiet and clean and Holiday Inn always delivers on that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear traveler0339,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you found our accomodations to your liking when it comes to the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. I do apologize for the A/C not being turn on prior to your arrival. During your stay our area was experiencing a heat wave and HVAC units were being turned on in the rooms and it seems we missed yours.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review. The staff and I look forward to being your host shall your travels bring you back to our area.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 24, 2013

HIE is not a luxury brand but we were very happy with our stay. The front office staff was great...even said they did some extra cleaning prior to check in when I mentioned that my wife had asthma. Probably the most comfortable bed I've had in a hotel. The breakfast is a little hectic but expected. For management, I'll say good job...do suggest keeping the pool open until 10 and also put a little more help on breakfast esp timely trash removal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Indyspartan,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. Like you mentioned we are a great value to our guests. Our location and amenities allow us to be a better economical choice to staying in the airport or the city. Your comments pertaining to the staff is greatly appreciated. The FD staff coordinated to housekeeping about your wife's asthma and the room was prepared accordingly. It makes me proud to read such reviews as I know the staff always strives to deliver great service to all our guests.

The staff and I look forward to being your host in the future and thank you once again for posting a favorable review.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here when I was visting Boston on vacation. It is a clean hotel with a great breakfast. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to assist me. If you are familiar with Logan International Airport, you know that you have to go a long way to pick up a rental car or check into a hotel. While the drive to the hotel was a little bit of a haul, it was worth the trip. It is located in a safe area with plenty of places to eat. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hi MCM123456789,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent positive experience with us. I am pleased you were able to take advantage of both our complimentary shuttle to the airport and breakfast. These amenities and our location allow us to be the better economical choice when staying in the boston area.

Your comments pertaining to the friendliness of the staff and their service are greatly appreciated and have been shared with the staff. They enjoy reading reviews in which they are recognized for the great service they always strive to deliver.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to once again being your host in the future.

East Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am so happy to have this opportunity to write this review...
First of all, this is my second year staying at this hotel. I have been assigned to book a group for my Drum and Bugle Corps, the Hawthorne Caballeros, from Hawthorne NJ. We had a competition in Lynn Mass, in which we took first place, but we needed a place to stay for those of us who did not want to take the long bus ride. We finished the weekend totaling 21 rooms for 2 nights at the hotel, and as long as I am involved with the Corps, I will use this hotel. I booked the group with Nicole Caraglia, who I must say, is one of the nicest and sweetest sales people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. (I've been in the Travel industry going on 30 years!). From the check in experience to the check out experience, everything was great. The Front Desk Staff was very kind and courteous and the check in process was very quick, even with the new girl training. The thing that got me was once i was all settled in my room, I received a phone call asking if everything was to my liking, which of course it was. What a great touch!! The rooms were extremely clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Housekeeping staff was also very courteous, and catered to all that was needed. The included hot breakfast in the morning was a typical breakfast that included eggs, bacon, biscuits, coffee and juice, and pancake maker, assorted muffins and danishes, bagels, and cold cereals. Very fresh and very tasty. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Frank P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about this past weekend's stay. I would also like to congratulate you on taking first place. It was only expected seeing how your group was excited and focused for this event. Staff such as Nicole Caraglia, are a great example of a staff always looking to deliver great service and do what ever is needed for the guests.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. The staff and I look forward to being your host next year and for years to come.

Yours in Hospitality,

Duvall, Washington
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nice room, clean and cool. Staff was courteous and helpful. Was able to get a late check out and free shuttle to airport made life so much easier. Saved a $$$ cab ride. The breakfast was better than others we had at other chains. Front desk called room to check on us after we settled in, never had that happen before. Nice touch.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paula R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent satisfactory stay with us. I am pleased you found our shuttle to be convenient for you as it is an amenity widely used by most of our guests. Your comments pertaining to the courteasy of the staff and their helpfulness are greatly appreciated. The staff works hard to ensure they are always delivering great service, and when guests recognize this it serves as a great motivator for them.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review and the staff and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

PA
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We missed our flight to Ireland due to US Air delay, so arrived in poor spirits late at night. Dominick at the front desk was so accommodating. He was the best part of that day. His friendliness was really appreciated after fighting with the airline who refused to pay for our room. Basic continental breakfast was good. Room comfortable and clean. The hotel does sit between highways, so not on walking distance of much. Free airport shuttle and distressed Traveler room rate were both appreciated.

Stayed July 2013
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear warytravelerPA,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent satisfactory stay with us. I am pleased you found Dominic to be friendly and he was able to assist in your distressed situation. The staff here in the hotel always try to provide that kind of service to our guests and Dominic is a great example of this.

Once again I thank you for writing about your stay and the staff and I look forward to being your host in the future.

Yours in hospitality,

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!