“A little distant but cheaper”

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Erial, New Jersey
“A little distant but cheaper”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Considering the cost of the "City" hotels this one is a bargain but this hotel is not close to the airport and not the city, you will need a car, cab or use their free shuttle. Shuttle wait was about 20 minutes at the airport and on time 9 AM departure from the hotel. From the hotel they will transport you to the train station where you can get the subway to the Aquarium (second stop) for $5 per person R/T. Once out of the subway there are tour rides you can take. We took both the Old Town trolly tour and the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum tour which was a total of $70 for both of us. The trolly tour ride covered quite a distance and a riding tour would be highly recommended unless you have a lot of time and stamina.
Room was clean and I had no complaints about it. All staff were pleasant and asked if there was anything else they could do for us. We had a highway facing room but the road noise was not bothersome unlike the inconsiderate people in the adjoining room. Apparently they believed that the walls were sound proofed when they had normal volume discussions at 11:30 PM & again at 6:30 AM
Breakfast was like walking into an 8th grade cafeteria at lunchtime, staff did a decent job of trying to keep the supplies loaded and since the kids didn't drink coffee yet that was the only station that there was no wait at.
In the end I judge a hotel by the "would I stay there again" question and I would have to answer yes but hopefully not when it's kiddy night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jas45
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear jas45,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. You are correct we are the economical choice to staying in the city with our compimentary shuttle service making it convenient for our guests to get around. Your comments pertaining to the cleanliness of our hotel rooms and staff are greatly appreciated and shared by many of our guests.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review and my staff and I look forward to being your host shall your travels bring you back to our area.

Yours in hospitality,

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Thai first
Waterford, VT
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We arrived at the hotel in the evening before our flight out the following morning. When we checked in we asked to be put on the schedule for the 6:30 AM shuttle ride to the airport the next morning. We were given the key to our room and went to it. A short time later a man used a key and entered our room. It was about 9:30 PM. The clerks at the front desk had rented our room to someone else to whom they had given a key, and he walked right in. He was very apologetic and left. The front desk then called us on the phone and inquired as to who we were. I was irate and told them they had just rented us the room so they should know who we were. After they realized their mistake, they offered us a free move as compensation. We turned that down as we were tired and ready for some sleep. They should have offered us a free night after going through that ordeal. The following morning we arose and had a bite to eat, then went to get the shuttle to the airport. We were not on the list for the airport shuttle as we had requested the night before. The shuttle was very crowded, and not everyone waiting was able to get on. Some had to wait for the next shuttle. Thankfully we got on the first one. When we returned from the trip we called for the shuttle as instructed. The weather was bad, and the shuttle didn't arrive to pick us up for over an hour. When we questioned the driver, he said they were short handed that morning, and he had not been able to get to us any sooner. He said that the delay was our problem and there was nothing he could do about it. After this experience, we will never use this facility again, and we strongly discourage anyone who wants a good travel experience from staying here. The price is reasonable, but the small savings is not worth the aggravation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maurice C
Dear Maurice C.,

I would like to thank your for taking the time to review your November '12 stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Being your stay was from November of last year, I do hope you grant the new staff an opportunity to provide you with great service every guest deserves. From your last stay with us to now the hotel staff has gone through a turnover and is revived to providing great friendly service to all our guests they come in contact with.

Once again I thank you for your review and hope you provide us the opportunity to change your perception of our hotel.

Always at your service,

Assistant General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Saugus hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I checked in to this hotel for 1 night and boy am I happy that it was only 1 night! I arrived at the hotel and the hospitality was no where to be found! The man who checked me in was very cold and not helpful at all. This place is swarming with pimps and escorts. I ordered a movie that night and placed it on pause briefly. When I returned the movie was gone! I called and asked for some assistance and was told that I had to buy the movie again!! Mind you this movie had the pause and rewind features so this should not have happened. There was nobody at the desk for me to check out. This happened for long periods of time. The only nice person that I met here was an over night man who worked at the front desk. He was awsome and dont know his name but he was african american and should be manager because all of the other staff was *^%%^&^& s....... Will not stay again....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Leann G
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Leann G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. Our staff always strives to deliver great service to every guest they come in contact with and have been described as "helpful", "courteous", and "welcoming". I apologize you did not witness this service from all of our staff during your stay. I am pleased to hear you found our night auditor, Greg to be nice and helpful to you.

Shall your travels bring you back to the area I do hope you provide us with an opportunity to experience the great customer service we are dedicated to providing to our guests.

At your service,

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I booked hotel for an evening and to park my car for a trip. I was concerned after I read some poor reviews however I had a very positive experience. The hotel staff were pleasant and extremely helpful. The front desk person went out of his way to print my boarding passes. Room was clean and very comfortable. The shuttle was efficient and timely. I was concerned on my way back but when I called hotel they said 10 mins and he was there in 12. Maybe I just lucked out but the drivers were great. I felt very secure leaving my car after observing security staff on duty and making patrols. Some breakfast was available despite my 5am departure. I will use this facility again and would recommend it to others. Also I did not find the "commute" to airport a problem.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear catcook55,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent satisfactory stay with us. I am pleased you had a positive experience with our shuttle service which makes us convenient to get in and out of Logan airport. Your comments pertaining to the service you experienced from our hotel staff are greatly appreciated as it is something they strive for.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review and the staff and I look forward to being your host when your travels bring you back to the area.

Yours in hospitality,

Mumbai
Reviewed May 31, 2013

"Its not a airport hotel" contrary to the advertisements. This hotel is around 3 -4 miles away from airport it does provide a free Airport shuttle that runs every hour between 4 am to 12 am. They can also pick you up from airport in this shuttle, if you call them up when you reach Airport. But during rush hour the drive translates to 35 minutes to airport. To travel to downtown Boston, you can use airport shuttle to get to Airport station in blue line. They do have complimentary hot breakfast, which includes eggs(omelette/scrambled), bacon, cereals, cinnamon buns, doughnuts, Pancakes, juices, coffee, fruits. The breakfast is quite nice for the price. The most people staying here while I was staying were people traveling for leisure or travelling on family events to Boston.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear jcube,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. You are correct in saying most of our guests are guests traveling from Logan as well as in and out of Logan. Our location makes us a great economical choice to staying in the city and in the airport. Our complimentary shuttle makes it very convenient for our guests to get to both the airport and the city.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and my staff and I hope to be your host shall your travels bring you back to our area.

At your service,

Reviewed May 31, 2013

When traveling to Europe recently we used this hotel's parking program, but did it in reverse.We parked, used the shuttle to Logan, and returned later to spend a night before returning home. This process went exactly as planned; the hotel's shuttle to Logan was available in a timely fashion. We found the hotel well appointed; our room and bathroom were clean and adequately spacious. The room had a refrigerator and coffee making supplies. Breakfast included the usual cold options as well as some egg and pancake options. Hotel staff were courteous and helpful. Their Wifi connection was fast and accessible in the room and public areas.

Room Tip: Though our room was on the Rte.1 side, we did not experience any disturbing traffic noises.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 1fromme,

Thank you for taking the time express your satisfaction with your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our Park and Stay package while on your trip to Europe. This is a very popular package with many of guests due to our location and complimentary shuttle service to the airport. Your comments pertaining to our hotels cleanliness and staff are greatly appreciated as it is something the staff here always strives for.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and look forward to being your host in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was here for one night. The hotel shuttle came in handy. My room had something funky going on on the wall (pic included). Other than that the hotel was clean and quite. You can take the shuttle back and forth to BOS airport so you can get on the subway line.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear JayR1984,

Thank you for posting a review about your January stay with us. I am pleased you found our hotel clean and quite as well as convenient to the airport via our complimentary shuttle service. This makes us a great economical choice to stay in the airport or in the city.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay and look forward to being your host in the future.

Always at your service,

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Quality Inn Revere
Quality Inn Revere
#4 of 5 in Revere
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!