“Park, Stay, Fly Worked Like a Charm”

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Reviewed May 31, 2013

When traveling to Europe recently we used this hotel's parking program, but did it in reverse.We parked, used the shuttle to Logan, and returned later to spend a night before returning home. This process went exactly as planned; the hotel's shuttle to Logan was available in a timely fashion. We found the hotel well appointed; our room and bathroom were clean and adequately spacious. The room had a refrigerator and coffee making supplies. Breakfast included the usual cold options as well as some egg and pancake options. Hotel staff were courteous and helpful. Their Wifi connection was fast and accessible in the room and public areas.

Room Tip: Though our room was on the Rte.1 side, we did not experience any disturbing traffic noises.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear 1fromme,

Thank you for taking the time express your satisfaction with your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our Park and Stay package while on your trip to Europe. This is a very popular package with many of guests due to our location and complimentary shuttle service to the airport. Your comments pertaining to our hotels cleanliness and staff are greatly appreciated as it is something the staff here always strives for.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and look forward to being your host in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was here for one night. The hotel shuttle came in handy. My room had something funky going on on the wall (pic included). Other than that the hotel was clean and quite. You can take the shuttle back and forth to BOS airport so you can get on the subway line.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear JayR1984,

Thank you for posting a review about your January stay with us. I am pleased you found our hotel clean and quite as well as convenient to the airport via our complimentary shuttle service. This makes us a great economical choice to stay in the airport or in the city.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay and look forward to being your host in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here for a park,sleep and fly. For about 140.00 I slept here the night before a flight out of Logan and included breakfast and up to 2 weeks parking and a shuttle to and from the airport which was the root of the problem. They have 2 vans but were only using 1 of them when I was there. The shuttle left on the hour but my ride to Logan did not arrive back from Logan until 8:20 for my 8:00 am ride because of very heavy traffic which occurs every weekday. The van driver did a great job getting me there on time but was still stressful. On my return I called for the shuttle and was told 15 or 20 min.35 min later I called again and was told they could not get the driver on the phone and to take a cab which the motel would pay for and they did pay for it (35.00) I could not ask for better service. The problem could be solved by having the 2nd van running during the week. Just to note the motel is about 10 miles from Logan and during rush hour the traffic is backed up past the motel every day. Even though the employees did everything they could I don't think I would do this again unless they started running the 2nd van.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear jjapples,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the wait times you experience with our complimentary shuttle service. I am pleased my staff was able to accomodate you for the circumstances which caused this. Our hotel location makes us a great economical choice to staying at the airport.

Once again I thank you for your candid feedback on your recent stay with us and hope in the future you allow us to be your host again.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very friendly and attentive staff, and easy access from/to airport and Downtown Boston with their complimentary shuttle service (approx 15 min) - it's just 3 stops with Blue metro line from the airport station and you're in the middle of Boston.
Good sized room with coffee maker and a decent hair dryer. Plenty of towels. Room and bathroom very clean.
A variety of shops & diners in walking distance from the hotel if you chose not to go into Boston.
My second stay here - and I will definitely stay here again if I go to Boston.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear KT054,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent satisfactory stay with us. I am glad to hear you found our staff to be friendly and attentive as this is something they always strive for. Our location makes us an economical alternative to stay in the city. Our complimentary shuttle service to the airport and its train station makes it very convenient to get around.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to review your stay and my staff and I look forward to being your host in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as a last minute reservation. I live locally and would normally stay at another hotel in the area, but it was so last minute, there were no rooms available at other hotels for a reasonable price. I booked a non-smoking King suite.

I called early on day of my reservation to inquire about an early check-in and they were able to accommodate the request, allowing me to check in at 9:30am on the date of my stay. I was given a room on the 4th floor and I went right upstairs and collapsed into the bed (which was incredibly comfortable). At the point of my check-in, I'd been awake for almost 28 hours straight and was desperately in need of sleep. The list of problems began when I woke up:

1. I noticed, as soon as I woke up, that the entire room positively REEKED of stale cigarette smoke, as though someone were in the room smoking while I was there.

2. The shower, which I attempted to take in the hopes that my smelling the stale cigarette smoke was a fluke, had poor water pressure and barely got "hot".

3. When I got OUT of the shower (the aroma of stale cigarette smoke still pervasive), I attempted to access their wifi for almost 30 minutes, all without success. A call to their tech support resulted in my being able to access their login page, but I could not browse. Several times, the representative stated "Well, if there's alot of people using it, sometimes the speed slows down." I could accept this, if pages were just loading slowly ... but this was never even loading a page.

4. When I finally gave up and realized there was no way I could stay in the room, I packed up my things and went down to the front desk. (The hallway outside the room also stank of stale cigarettes). The clerk on duty was efficient, but was not overly friendly. She acted as though my complaint of a non-smoking room that stank of cigarettes and an inability to connect to the internet were somehow displacing her from doing something she had "better time to do". Never once offering me a discount or a refund, she just stared at me before typing randomly into the screen and informing me she had "another room you can stay in, if you want.".

The room, as it turns out, was actually not bad. It was just around the corner from the front desk, and the wifi connection was much stronger. I had 2 Queen beds instead of a king but the room was clean and the air was fresher.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear MissDeidre,

I was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and I can understand your frustration. We pride ourselves on delivering our guests a great experience at all times and I would like you to rest assured that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. I am pleased you were able to enjoy a more suitable room. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and rest assured your comments have been shared accordingly.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Staff needs to be more courteous, bed was comfy, clean room. The airport shuttle man was very nice, heater/air conditioner in the room didn't work, won't be coming back here again, it's almost like the staff are not hospitality based, they were not friendly. Do not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Tgiles78,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. It pleases me to hear you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service to the airport due to the friendliness of our shuttle driver as well as the comfort of your room. I do apologize, however if the rest of the staff did not meet you expectations as it is something they strive for. If you would like to speak with me further regarding this please do not hesitate to give me a call. I welcome all feedback as it is through this we are able to identify the areas we can improve on.

I once again thank you for taking the time to post a review and do hope you will offer us the opportunity to show you the satisfactory stay you deserve.

At your service,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

For two years my students have attended a Model UN Conference in Boston. Prior to this we used to stay in the city which was somewhat convenient for us. The Holiday Inn in Saugus is half the price of the hotels in the city and is close enough to make it convenient for us to travel just a few minutes by bus. The rooms are clean, and the Hotel feels safe and inviting. They accommodated us with a place for the bus to park overnight and breakfast is included. They made the check in process easy by allowing our school to pay in advance and having all room assignments printed and keys ready for us when we arrived. They genuinely seemed to like having us there and do not seem bothered by dealing with a large group (unlike the hotels in the city). For the hospitality and price we can't say no even though its not a place we can walk to, its' worth it for us! We don;t plan on staying in the city again!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a group call them a month in advance to set it up and it is easy as can b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressSaugus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Friendly4me,

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure hosting you and your team this past weekend. The staff does a great job of ensuring groups such as yours are well taken care of and comfortable as this is something they always strive towards. Our location of being outside the city but still within a 20 minute drive makes us a great economical choice for guests traveling into Boston as well as outside of Logan.

The staff and I look forward to being your host in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
4 mi away
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
3 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!