“Great for park and fly”

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed two nights and left our car for 5 nights. Everyone at the front desk couldn't have been more accomodating. Room could have been vacuumed a little better, but bathroom was spotless. Shuttle to the airport (and back) was great; I'm glad I didn't have to maneuver Boston traffic. You do need to allow an extra hour as the 10 minute trip takes about 45 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HelenDL

Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is a decent hotel if you just arrived to Boston or are flying out the next day. Rooms are small if u have a lot of luggage, but clean and nice. You can hear the highway traffic for sure, as it's right off a bust highway and wasn't too keen on the sheer drapes not having another layer that closed, but all in all it was a decent room to leave and fly out of. Not as close as we has hoped to the airport but we left early enough it didn't matter. Got a special deal thru Orbitz $98 for one night, queen bed. Pretty decent, small but clean served its purpose.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 31, 2011

On our recent trip to Boston we stayed at this HI and found it to be a greay place to stay. Close to downtown but far enough to be quiet. Lots of shopping nearby as well as reaturants. It was only a quick ride to the subway and we found this to be the better way to tour around the city. Overall had a great experience with this chain from previous trips and would recommend them to any travellers.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed here for Halloween weekend visiting Salem since everything was booked nearby. It was about 20 minutes away ($40 cab ride) but staff worked with us to make sure we got back and forth.

The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable and were hard to get out of in the morning. Though the rooms were small, the facilities of the hotel were gorgrous (especially in the main lobby). I do wish they extended their breakfast hours however.

Room Tip: The location of this hotel is right off the highway and a good place to stay if you're visiting...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank PrityNPunk887
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This Hotel is NOT near Logan Airport. It is in the armpit of Saugus, on a busy HIghway, and it would take a half hour to get to the airport with all the stop and wait traffic. I did not want to stay here once I saw the place and did not get a refund. It says its close to the airport when you google it, it is not. Dont be fooled. They lie. I had a very early business meeting at the airport, and wanted to be a stones throw away by shuttle. This is not.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you want to be close to the airport
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank sewcrazy53
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is one of the nicer HI express I have stayed in. It's clean, quiet, updated, and comfortable, so I am rating it a "very good" based on hotel quality. But to reference other reveiws, I would say it is considered an "airport hotel" because it has a shuttle, but it is further than the standard airport hotel. If you dont mind a short ride - (15-20 mins) then the price is probably worth it comparing others in the airport category. If you would need to take the shuttle during standard rush hour times then expect a lot longer shuttle as that route has some pretty significant traffic. It would probably be better for a hotel that classifies itself as an airport hotel had more than 1 van an hour, and added one every 30 minutes for convenience. Besides the van schedule, it was a good hotel stay for the night. I rated the service as average because I had limited interaction: check in was decent, and for my very early morning checkout there was no front desk person to be found, I waited about 8 minutes and I just couldn't anymore so I had to leave a note to check my room # out. It didn't really bother me that much, but would have been nice to have someone there to get a receipt, it was early though so maybe they were just using the restroom or something, I would hope.

For additional tips - Originally from the area I can say that it is in a safe neighborhood. It is on a major route and you could probably walk to restaurants if needed - just be careful of the major traffic! If you are looking to stay here as an alternative from downtown hotels, you would need to take hotel shuttle to the airport and then take the airport shuttle (5 min) to the T station to get downtown unless you opted for a cab, as it is not close to the city at all. It is North of the airport, and the airport is North of the city.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We wanted a hotel that was close to the airport with a shuttle for our early morning flight. It's not really close to the airport or Boston. Check in was quick and shuttle driver was great. He later dropped us at a resturant for dinner then picked us up and returned us to the hotel. Room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was good and had a good variety. Some guests were a bit greedy and supplies ran out. The shuttle in the morning was on time. As soon as our shuttle let us off at our terminal we realized we left some purchased souveniers in our room. After calling the front desk, he reported housekeeping said there was nothing left in the room. We had left other items in the room for housekeeping as we had not used or could take them with us. I guess keeping our souveniers was better than getting them for themselves as they live there and are readily available. I told the front desk I hoped they enjoyed the goods. This was the only negative we encountered while traveling through Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts. Everyone else was very plesant and welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ftloos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport Revere
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
3 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!