“Great Staff service & nice rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saugus
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express saugus logan airport in march. I am surprised to see those
negative review after my stay at this hotel. Hotel is nice,clean rooms,comfortable mattress. Staff is very helpful. Hot breakfast in morning.Good airport shuttle service. I enjoyed staying at this place compare to other boston hotel. Didn't face any problem at all !

Room Tip: King Non Smoking.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
HIExpressSaugus, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Thank You very much for choosing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

We needed parking near Boston Logan and the Holiday Inn Saugus was a great fit! I shopped around for the lowest and couldn't beat Stay123.com for the price of one night with 2 weeks to park and airport shuttle. It was close enough to be convenient and not too close to airplane noise. I like the hotel, nice and modern- and the staff is helpful and friendly. The car remained at the hotel while I traveled, and I hopped off the shuttle for nice ride home. A+! Thanks for a great start and end to our trip!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank BikeDriver333
HIExpressSaugus, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank You for your kind words. I will inform and reward my staff members for the great job they are doing.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

Did the park, stay, fly through Stay123. Stay123 would not confirm online and we had to phone them after 3 days. Hotel took a few days to confirm online. Hotel was willing to change our reservation on short notice because of weather without a problem or a fee. We actually paid less than quoted which was terrific. Check-in took awhile since a whole busload of kids were ahead of us. Parking is in the hotel's parking garage. Room was spacious, clean and fairly quiet considering we could see the busy highway from our room. Shuttle left on time at 5 AM, no breakfast until 6:30 :((. 20 minute ride to Logan, almost no traffic. Return trip was a different story. Flight was delayed 4 hours. Called at 6PM and were told the shuttle would be there in 25 minutes and to wait inside. Missed phone call from driver and shuttle headed back to hotel. Turned around and came back to Logan. Picked us up and headed back to Saugus. Shuttle driver got another call and headed back to airport. Picked up another passenger, headed back to Saugus. This happened 3 TIMES!!
Then we hit traffic. Arrived at hotel after an hour and a half. The driver and shuttle manager offered us an extensive apology, a snack and a drink which was very much appreciated after a long day.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelerz20
HIExpressSaugus, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport), responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.
We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I was quite disappointed to hear about the issues you had during your stay. I hope that you will accept my apology.
I spoke to the appropriate departments and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.
Again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to use our hotel for your hospitality needs, and look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express in Saugus, MA.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

I have read the reviews of other people who stayed at this hotel and they said that they had a bad time at this hotel? Well we did the park and fly and it was great, the rooms where very clean with no smells of any type, front desk was very helpful and courteous. We arrived the day after the big snow storm which closed the airport in lots of cities threw out the eastern USA. No delay in getting us to the airport for our 10;00 am flight the drive was great. They are close to lots restaurants and shopping area. No problems on our return, we waited 30 minutes for them to come and pick us up at the airport. The driver on our return trip also gave us a little history about the area and show us some hot spots along the way. MCBAZINGA.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank asianfury
Reviewed January 8, 2011

After booking an overnight stay before an early a.m. flight out of Logan, I read a few of the reviews and began to have second thoughts. Being too cheap to lose $ by cancelling, we went ahead with our plans and were pleasantly surprised. Got to the hotel around 6 p.m. on Saturday night, desk clerk was more than helpful, signed us up immediately for the 5 a.m. shuttle Sunday morning. Shuttle left on time (actually a little early, there were only 4 of us), by 5:30 a.m. we were already through security at Logan and eating breakfast at the food court prior to our 7:15 flight! We returned at 10 p.m. on Thursday night, phoned the hotel and waited no more than 10 minutes for the van, again only 4 of us. By 10:30 p.m. we were on our way home. Free shuttle and free parking for the week were well worth the price of the room, and accommodations were more than adequate. Don't know why others have had problems with the shuttle arrangements, our stay went off without a hitch.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ruby079
Reviewed January 2, 2011

This hotel was average. Room was large, bathroom okay, was quite hot in the room. The breakfast was pretty nice. The staff were very helpful. Given I was in MA to see Boston, the location wasnt very good at all.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank sydcarnie
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Date of Stay 12 December 2010 (1 night)
We checked in about 5 minutes-before official check-in time of 3 pm. The room was ready, and they had a special key jacket recognizing my Platinum status; however, the only mentioned upgrade was an unneeded late check-out time. Yippie! We did each receive one drink bottle from the cooler (water, juice, or Gatorade) on check-in and were offered one each at check-out. I think that was because of my status so I did receive something useful! Since I recently turned 50, I used my AARP discount and got a room for $90 plus tax. This was better than my original $119 then $99 that I booked a few weeks prior before remembering my AARP status and rebooking a 3rd time. The young lady at front desk was very professional and efficient. She must have been leaving at 3 pm because we didn’t see her again. There were two others when we went to and came from dinner. One guy was extremely friendly and seemed ready to assist in anyway possible, but we had no other needs. Check-out was prompt and efficient also. Guy asked my for my feedback about our stay. He seemed to be professional and to care about guests’ comfort.
We were in Room 315. The room faced busy Route 1, but noise was not a major issue. No great view either. We did not have a car, and it was raining. I asked about being taken to a restaurant in the Holiday Inn dining program across the busy divided highway that the hotel abuts. They agreed to drive us, but then I found out that guests receive a 10% discount at the nearby steakhouse on the same side of the highway. We opted to walk up the busy road along a narrow sidewalk and through parking lots as directed by front desk. It was 200 yards or so, and we were pretty wet. Steakhouse was ok, but they forgot the discount so I had to remind the waitress who wasn’t that attentive. They catered more to locals/regulars who were assigned to the older, more experienced waitresses. Steaks were well seasoned, although a little too fatty, but cooked just right. This is an option if you’re staying here, but there are many restaurants in the area if you have a car. If the weather is not an issue, go to Midwest Grill and receive Priority Points (or miles) if you’re in the Holiday Inn dining (or Delta) program.
Back to the hotel: The room had 2 double beds with bedside table in between with phone, lamp, and clock radio. Beds were very comfortable with 4 pillows each and very comfortable mattress. A lounge chair was located between one bed and window. It would have been nice to have a tall floor light by lounge chair because it was dark in that corner and hard to see computer. Built-in heat unit worked as needed rather than one controlled by thermostat like a/c. There was a desk in corner with lamp, a second telephone, and business-type chair. No stationery or other supplies on or in desk. There was a little notepad with pen on bedside table. Nice tv but not many channels by American standards (perhaps 20 with local and lots of news and sports channels but no TV Land/Nick but just a bad tv night, I guess so not hotel’s fault). This was in furniture piece with refrigerator (no mini bar) and 4 drawers for storage. There was no safe! Next to tv on top was coffee maker with some supplies and ice bucket and plastic cups. No ice machine on 3rd floor so had to go to another floor to get ice. There was a connecting door to next room so a little security issue there. I heard the next door neighbors open the door on their side once! Sink area with a few amenities (one of each-soap, shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, shower cap). There was a small separate area between sink and door to hang a few clothes. Bathroom had tub with shower and toilet. Ample towels were provided, and water pressure and temperature were good. Tub had safety bars, which was good because floor could be slippery.
Hotel overall: Free high speed internet worked great and was used often. There were printers in breakfast area to print boarding passes which was nice to have. If no computer, one can use the 2 free terminals in the breakfast room. Breakfast was typical Express breakfast. There was pastry, toast, biscuits, cereals, bananas, juices, warm scrambled and cold hard boiled eggs, sausage patties, coffee, and tea. It was enough to start the day but not the gourmet breakfasts I like to have in Europe. Requested a wake-up call and received it at the exact time. Airport Shuttle: We made reservations at check-in for the next morning. Shuttle was on-time and got us there safely. Drive was courteous and retrieved our luggage on arrival at the airport. We were dropped off by friends the night before so can’t comment on their pick-up service. Only issue with shuttle was other riders, but the hotel has no control over that. The main problem with the hotel is the location on a busy, divided highway which prevents access to places on other side and difficult, and possibly dangerous, access to those on the same side. Hotel was great and did serve its purpose. I would definitely stay again if needing a hotel near the airport but will hope the weather is better next time so I can get to Midwest Grill more easily to earn more rewards. The distance from the airport was no issue to us thanks to the efficient shuttle.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BerlinG-ParisF
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugus
Quality Inn Revere
#3 of 5 in Revere
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Holiday Inn Express Boston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)? Share your experiences!