“Overall great deal”

Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Price was moderate but room was large, clean and well maintained. Nice layout, good furnishings, functional bathroom fixtures. A few unimportant details were overlooked, but no detraction. The door keys were a bit flaky, for example. Breakfast was more than just adequate. Wifi is the web signon type so an occasional dropout is to be expected, but mostly it worked.

Don't get concerned by any minor negatives; the overall experience is very pleasant. The inner courtyard is a real plus. Four fluffy pillows for one bed.

Room Tip: We stayed top floor rear. Means some carrying and walking but might be worth it. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave N

Reviewed August 26, 2013

It was warm enough to leave our window open all night, but we had to call the front desk at 10:00pm and ask them to ask the group of men in the gazebo right outside our window to be quiet. We appreciated that in just a few minutes all was quiet. We enjoyed reading in the gazebo with the murmur of the little waterfall and pond next to it.

Other plusses: The staff was helpful, the beds were very comfortable, roomy curved shower curtain. Breakfast was adequate with waffle maker, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereals and breads, however the HARD boiled eggs were overcooked.

Also I would say the rooms could be cleaner and updated, and they should add full size pillows.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the gazebo, away from the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caltraveler50
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is not my preferred hotel chain. However, circumstanced dictated that I stayed here. From the outside I was not overly excited about the place, It appeared to be tidy but a little run down.

When I checked in the staff was quick and professional. It was also 3 hours before normal check in time but they got me a room with no hassle. I have had other hotels charge an early check in fee, they did not.

My room was clean and very large. To my surprise it was also very quiet for my 3 day stay. The over all room condition as I stated was clean but there are signs of it just being an older hotel. Also the bath room mirror was broken corner to corner. That seem like it could be a safety concern, if not it was just unprofessional.

The location is great, easy access to the freeway, walking distance of the mall and several restaurants. They also have a pool that was well maintained, breakfast bar was adequate.

If you just need a place to stay I would recommend it for a day or two you could do a lot worse.

Oh, the beds had those stupid little half pillows. I hate those things.

Room Tip: I was on the freeway side of the buildiing but there are enough sturcturs in between that noise was...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AHornback
Reviewed July 26, 2013

i stay at this hotel at least once a month for the past year, and so far it has been really good every time. very friendly and courteous staff, great location, great breakfast, wi-fi was a bit of an issue but since they upgraded that it works great. all in all great value for the price..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was traveling on business, alone as a single woman, I checked into my room, and hoped for a great night sleep . There was a large group of men, about 15- 20 of them right outside my window and in the courtyard talking loudly, laughing, going in and out of their room slamming doors.... it was about 9:30pm... so I just hung out and watched TV hoping they would go to bed. About 11PM, I went out there to ask them to please go to bed. They continued. I contacted the front desk 3 times between 11 and midnight. The guys at the front dest did nothing to stop the noise. The night person had the gall to tell me there weren't any guys outside my door making noise!!!! I stuck my head out and took a few photos. I had to catch a train at 7 in the morning, I had asked for a wake up call earlier in the evening so that I could make my train. No wake up call. But not to worry, the same group of men were up banging around and talking loudly at 6 AM.... they woke me up....so I didn't miss my train.
I filled out their customer feedback form. They simple said "come and stay with us again so we can have another chance to provide you with a good experience". Seriously? I asked for a refund. Don't stay here if you actually need to sleep..... I was so tired it ruined my 4th of July the next day...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ashutterbug55
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Booked in for 5 nights after driving 2600 miles around the west coast. Travelled from Palm Springs and had spent a frustrating couple of hours on the internet trying to find a decent hotel at a decent price in or around LA. It came down to 2, one from another chain we have used, in Downey or this one. Went to Downey first, nice staff, OK place but not too impressed. Travelled on to this hotel and was it worth the time - YES. Lovely location as near to Mullholland Scenic Highway and Camarillo (largest outlet mall in California we are led to believe) and about 45 minutes to Santa Monica and Venice Beach. Lovely place, clean, well cared for, bright and private with decent sized pool, seperate spa, quiet area and well manicured gardens. Room was clean, spacious, well cared for with all mod-cons plus WiFi and quiet. Staff were exceptionally helpful and welcoming and David the owner went out of his was to be accomodating. Complimentry breakfast was varied, fresh, with great choice and plentiful. This was a great hotel at a great price and we couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: Don't book online, we got a much better price with the the walk-in-rate, than we could find anyw...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Please, please, please don't waste your energy and peace of mind on the quality inn.
We needed a simple correction with our reservation (the travel company made an error). Ryan, at the front desk stated he had no control over the reservation because it was prepaid and wanted to but couldn't help us. Untrue!! The third party who made the reservation specifically told us the hotel could assist us. Ryan insisted he couldn't help. As the conversation continued he finally admitted although he could help he wouldn't. When he was caught in his lie and I asked if he would please make the small adjustment (no loss of money to the hotel) Ryan ordered "Don't argue with me!" as if we were in a country where women had no voice. He then called the police saying he had a woman on the property who wouldn't leave. Unbelievable!! He refused to mention one important detail. I had a reservation and was trying to check-in. I spoke with the officer via telephone explaining how Ryan had misled him as I had a reservation which was the sole reason I was at the hotel. In the end, Ryan refused to honor the reservation. I then asked him to cancel the reservation so it would quickly generate a refund. Ryan's response was "Do I need to call the police again!". This was a nightmare. He was insistent on creating a huge problem and drama over nothing. There are other hotels in the immediate area that know the meaning of customer service and will simply change the arrival date by one day, which is what we were asking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!