“Clean, comfortable, convenient!”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Temecula, California
“Clean, comfortable, convenient!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Very nice place to stay. Surprisingly attractive property. Clean and comfortable rooms. Great location near shopping and dining and convenient to the San Fernando Valley and Ventura County. Staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the customer service by the assistant manager Ryan Faith.
One tip: Quality Inn pillows are on the small side so ask for an extra!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stay 10 nights in Dec. 2012, the staff are very helpful and friendly and did their best to get me a quiet room. The breakfasts are white flour and high fructose corn syrup on throw away styrofoam plates and plastic utensils. I had coffee and brought my own bread and spread, grabbed a few apples and oranges for later.
I found the freeway noise to be too loud if my bedroom window faced the freeway, I moved and my window faced the courtyard. very quiet and the water feature provide some nice "white noise". The rooms although dated, were good, beds comfortable, high thread count sheets, and I got used to the "half pillows". The standard of cleanliness in the rooms I thought was high. Although the carpets were nasty and should in my opinion should have been ripped out years ago! the location is very central. The hot tub and pool are very nice. The Gold's Gym in the Mall was fantastic. This place is good value, but the 100% Non Smoking is inaccurate for sure. When management has a big ashtray in the Gazebo in the courtyard (on the property), Is that encouraging smoking? Yes? That is in contravention of the Thousand Oaks municipal non smoking by law of 25 feet from rooms.A woman was smoking in the hot tub when I walked by, Saw plenty of smokers outside the rooms smoking on balconies, in the gazebo, even saw the maintenance man smoking on the back steps as I was trying to go down there with my bicycle.
It is still a good place to stay I think.

Room Tip: to avoid freeway noise, bedroom facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
California
Reviewed November 26, 2012

MY ROOM HAS COCKROACHES. I saw and killed 3 roaches, one on the sink when i got up in the morning. I found a bug in the bed after I got up on the last day of my stay. Told the desk clerk on the first day but nothing was done. The bath fan did not work at all. Also found a mystery bug in the bed. Good breakfast and low prices don't make up for bugs. I an a choice privileges member and contacted them and I have received no response.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Mck5

Travelers are raving about these Thousand Oaks hotels

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed November 6, 2012

A wonderful property for the relative low price. Outside opening doors if you care. It is a bit older, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. Kind of quaint to see a tube TV in a hotel room. Right on 101 and a quick drive to the beach and Reagan Library.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Santa Clarita, CA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My kids and i stayed here for a night. We got a King Suite, w/fold out couch. It was a unique set up in that there was a small room at the back of the room w/o a door, but there was the couch and a small table and chairs. It became my daughter's "room". Check in was easy and the guy who checked us in was super cool. He brought us up an extra set of linen for the couch bed and directed us to a nice hamburger place for dinner.

The room was clean...or at least on the surface. I found an empty gatorade bottle and some assorted trash under the couch bed when i opened it. Ewww!! There was also etchings (can you say graffiti??) on the mirrored surfaces. I know that's beyond their control, but it should be replaced. The bathroom and bed were clean, though.

The king bed that my son and i shared was comfy enough that i actually was able to fall asleep, which i usually don't do much of away from home. There was an iron and ironing board which i used that were adequate. The in room fridge kept our water cold, but we didn't use the microwave or in room coffee maker.

Breakfast in the morning was just what i expect at Quality Inn. Eggs, bacon, waffles, toast, muffins, fruit, juice, cold cereal, oatmeal, coffee, tea etc. Perfect for starting out the day. The breakfast room was smallish, but clean and well stocked. We had no problem eating there, but we did go fairly early.

The only other problem we encountered was the top back stair near our room. It was in desperate need of repair as it looked like it would separate from the rest of the stairs. I chose to park on the other side of the hotel and use the stairs in the front of our room.

Check out was simple, too, but the morning clerk wasn't as nice as the guy who checked us in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wheelies29
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend were on a trip through the USA and found this cosy Hotel for a Very Good Price. the room had everything we needed. it had an outside hottub that we used. awesome. Good breakfast, the only Place that had egg. great staff. a Very Good mal in walking distance with a great cinema and great shopping.

• Stayed October 2012
Vista, Ca
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is an older property but it has been maintained and updated as well as could be expected. Room was very clean. Unfortunately the internet wifi was a problem. In the evening it became totally unusable and I had to call the front desk. They suggested we move to another room but they didn't know which rooms had good wifi! The front desk then did something, maybe resetting their routers, but the wifi became very usable, at least in one of the 2 rooms we had at opposite ends of the hotel. Unfortunately, the next morning the slow, unusable wifi started again so we just packed up and checked out since we were only staying the 1 night. If they had decent wifi I would have rated them a notch higher at very good. We did get a very good rate for the hotel and if we got a similar rate and were in the area would consider staying again if no one else matchs their price. Hotel is in a good, convenient area with easy on-off freeway access and lots of shopping-restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: If you need wifi then tell them and try to get room with good service. We also liked our 2 rooms whi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!