“OK Room But Bad Wifi”

Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is an older property but it has been maintained and updated as well as could be expected. Room was very clean. Unfortunately the internet wifi was a problem. In the evening it became totally unusable and I had to call the front desk. They suggested we move to another room but they didn't know which rooms had good wifi! The front desk then did something, maybe resetting their routers, but the wifi became very usable, at least in one of the 2 rooms we had at opposite ends of the hotel. Unfortunately, the next morning the slow, unusable wifi started again so we just packed up and checked out since we were only staying the 1 night. If they had decent wifi I would have rated them a notch higher at very good. We did get a very good rate for the hotel and if we got a similar rate and were in the area would consider staying again if no one else matchs their price. Hotel is in a good, convenient area with easy on-off freeway access and lots of shopping-restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: If you need wifi then tell them and try to get room with good service. We also liked our 2 rooms whi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stopped for a night here, the front desk guy was very nice and quick on the checkin. The room is kind old, furniture and tv like 80s (yes, tube tv of 20''). The bed was comfortable but every time you move, it makes a lot of noise. The breakfast and internet was nice. There is a pool that i didn't use. Free parking.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The motel rooms are very clean although our one smelt slightly of cigarettes (it was non smoking). The shower was hot and the the bed was comfortable.

You might hear upstairs walking around so if you're a very light sleeper, bring ear plugs - it didn't disturb me at all and I would say I'm a relatively light sleeper.

Breakfast is awesome, try the waffle maker! Lots of juice, bagels, fruit, yogurt etc so a real bargain.

There's a pool and hot tub (we didn't use them) and a fridge and microwave if your room and ice available from a machine.

When you pay under £50 for a room and you get all off the above, I can't see why you'd be unhappy!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've stayed in several hotels in the T.O. area, and this place, while basic, is hands-down the best deal. It's not luxurious, but it's clean, well-kept, offers free wifi (which also works well), and even includes a basic breakfast off the lobby area. The bed was comfortable, except for the odd tiny pillows they provide (must be some kind of cost-saving thing). One day the toilet had a malfunction, I called the front desk, and they fixed it promptly. I have no complaints about this place, and will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sfoartboy
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The place was immaculate, everything from the staff to the service to the rooms to the breakfast.... Just amazing, 5 star service for 3 star price. We will definately be back. I loved the lay out of the room. very spacious and cleanest of all the quality inns we have stayed in. Very knowledgable staff and very friendly too, went above and beyond to make sure all of our needs were met.... Thank you so much guys!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Saturnskie
Reviewed September 8, 2012

When we first arrived our room was a huge disappointment. Carpet stains and it just did not feel clean. We immediately spoke with the front desk and they moved us to a much better room. Very impressed by the way the situation was handled. I am not picky but the first room made me want to switch hotels.

I was in town for only 3 nights for a wedding. The stay was nice and breakfast was included.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meowx5
Reviewed August 7, 2012

As a business traveler, I spend up to 220 nights a year in hotels, typically two nights in each place, and I definitely recommend this hotel. I stayed here with my wife Aug 2-5 for a wedding. If you know Quality Inns, all these rooms have the upgraded Quality furniture, which means the dark wood and comfortable beds. The rooms were a good size, and the shower had great pressure. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical, with the addition of hot bacon. Quiet, but located very close to the highway. Nice courtyard with a gazebo, koi pond, and pool. Old buildings, but updated and maintained well.

Our first room had large stains on the carpet, and some small spots on the walls, which made the room feel dirty, even though it had been cleaned. The staff apologized and happily moved us to another room, which was perfect. I deducted a point on cleanliness and rooms for the experience with the first room, otherwise everything was great. This is an excellent value, and I would not hesitate to stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!