“Palm Garden Hotel Review”
Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Palm Garden Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Thousand Oaks, California
“Palm Garden Hotel Review”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Our long stay in this hotel was a wonderful experience. The management, Patrick and Gery were allways trying to go out of the way to make us comfortable and happy. Michelle at the g\hotel desk greeted us with a smilae and our breakfast was served by super pleasant Maria. The landscaping is lush and I am recomending Palm Garden Hotel
as a great place to have meetings, business and celebrations...
Dr. J.G.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
patrickpalm, General Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
It is such a pleasure to see guests enjoy themselves and utilize all of the nice amenities we offer on their extended stay. The gardens are a wonderful place to walk through and enjoy the variety of plants & trees. The heated large pool is a great place to relax for a swim or a soak in the whirlpool, or just read a book in the exceptional climate in Thousand Oaks. Everyone loves the breakfast buffet with all of the selections and the caring service from Maria and the other attendants.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Oceanside, California
Reviewed May 16, 2010

This hotel is crap. After walking by the t.v. a couple times i noticed it smelled different then the rest of the room. Got a chair and looked on top of the cabinet to find what else, 3/4 of a pizza covered in mold and rock hard. accompanied with a coupon that expired in 2003. So im guessing the pizza had been there at least 5 years. When we confronted the front desk they acted like they could care less and didnt offer any kind of compensation. If i knwe the service was that bad i would have just left it up there for every other person to smell. Never stay here. Oh and their are BED BUGS!!! ont top of that.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank chimchim84
CA
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The Palm Garden Hotel was definitely not a "3-star hotel" as advertised by Hotwire. When I arrived I was very disappointed and surprised to find a 1-star level MOTEL instead. The rooms are all open to the outside which made me feel unsafe. Upon entering the room, I noticed a moldy odor, there were ants in the room, the towels were not clean, the bathtub did not drain which left me ankle deep in dirty water, the blanket had holes in it. I did not even bother to stop by for breakfast and got out of there as quickly as I could the next morning. I paid for 2 nights stay but just could not bring myself to return for the 2nd night and drove over an hour home after a long day at work. This was a major disappointment for my first time using Hotwire and for staying at this hotel. I do not think I will be able to trust Hotwire's star ratings anymore or be booking at the Palm Garden Hotel in the future. Future hotel seekers beware! Do not book the 3-star, $64, Thousand Oaks, CA "hotel" offered by Hotwire. You will be sorely disappointed!

I think if I had gone in with expectations of a 1-star motel, then I would have been fine with it. But, this hotel's 3-star rating online was just very misleading. I felt unsafe the entire time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed there for a week. Great location, the breakfast was awesome...a full order breakfast, saved us alot just for that. Very pleasant at front desk. We even hosted a pool party with family and friends the night before we checked out. For small children the pool area was ideal, the area that was 1 1/2 ft was perfect for those that cannot swim yet. our family lives in the Thousand Oaks & Newbury Park area we would definately stay there again. My husband grew up there and found it so convenient.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed March 25, 2009

We were staying at one of the Hilton's however due to Business reasons, we moved to this Hotel.

When we were planning to stay at this hotel, people told us that you don't want to go there. That sounded strange however once we came here, we realised that we have done a big mistake. Outer look of the Hotel is really good, staff is good however rooms are really dirty.

They smell as they are pretty old and the worst part is that rooms are not clean. I found hair, spider webs and even living spider in my room.

At the time of breakfast & evening food there is a tendency of tipping the staff which I found quite ockward after coming from Hilton because there was nothing like this there.

Overall I didn't liked the Hotel. My personal suggestion, if you can spend a little more, go to one of the Hiltons, they are much better value for your money.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
simi valley, ca
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Old building, out of date rooms. terrible room condition. management is rude and unresponsive. I stayed there for few days and will never go back. I don't understand what all the hype is about. the only thing worth mentioning is the breakfast which you can get anywhere else for 15 bucks without the overpriced room.
oh, not bad to mention I was over-charged by $118 and it took the entre team of management nearly 2 weeks to credit my account. there are better alternatves for your $$ not far away, such as marriott and hyatt,etc...

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
CA
Reviewed December 15, 2008

Room was adequate and quiet. Bed comfortable. Free in-room Internet, Breakfast and happy hour make this a very good value. Staff is quite friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
cicmanagement, General Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2009
I'm so glad you took advantage of the Full American Breakfast buffet and the happy hour in the Garden Room. We would sure like to see you back soon and maybe you can also try the Early week specials in our award winning restaurant, Eric's

Regards,
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!