“Great hotel with easy freeway access”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Palm Garden Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Ventura, California
“Great hotel with easy freeway access”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've stayed here a few times and everything's always been great. The front desk is always friendly and helpful. I love the easy freeway access and how close it is to the The Oaks mall. Rooms are always clean and staff is great.

• Stayed March 2014
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Elleb123,

Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless.
I am excited to hear you enjoy your stays with us, and we look forward to providing a friendly welcoming visit in the future as well.
On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Montecito, California
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Palm Garden is a gem in Ventura county. The renovations show well. Very comfortable stay. Clean rooms and amazing staff. Breakfast served every morning and its complimentary. Pool is huge and clean. When visiting the area, will be my choice again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Jamdodgers,

Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. We value the review of your most recent stay with us, and through these reviews look for ways to improve every guest's stay with us.
I am happy to see you enjoyed our rooms and found the renovation to your liking. I am excited to hear you were able to enjoy our heated pool during your stay.

Westlake Village, California
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We held my husband's 80th birthday party at the hotel with guests staying there from both the northern and southern parts of California and Arizona. The entire property is delightful and clean.The planning was handled very efficiently and the party went off without a hitch. The food with prime rib and turkey carving stations was delicious and the servers knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Following the dinner many guests retired to the outside patio, playing music and singing around the fire pit and visiting into the night. The grounds are lovely with a gazebo and many pieces of sculpture throughout the property. We had 40 guests and have received many nice comments from them regarding the Palm Garden.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Nora J,

I am glad to hear that your event and stay with us met your expectations. I will relay your positive marks to both the sales and catering staff. We find every event to be a rewarding challenge that we take pride in flawlessly hosting.

Uxbridge, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I don't usually stay at hotels like this (normally stay at larger chain hotels), but was pleasantly surprised. The inner courtyard is nice and there was a good outdoor seating area where I relaxed in the nice evening weather one night with a friend. The breakfast was good with cheerful staff helping keep everything refilled. I asked a lot of questions of the hotel reception and got a good restaurant recommendation in Malibu. The pub that was attached had good food (tried the blackened fish taco...) and the wait staff was very nice. My only strong recommendation is to ask for a courtyard room as anything that faced the highway would likely be loud based on the constant traffic. If you are OK with the walkout style rooms as opposed to internal with hallways then I think you will like this little gem.

Room Tip: Definitely courtyard. Don't stay on the highway facing rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear PDM-CEO,

It looks like you asked the right questions and we are always happy to help. I am glad you enjoyed our beautiful courtyard grounds and Brendan's food as well. I do agree an upgrade to our Courtyard rooms does allow our guests to experience the serenity of our property.

Corona
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great value for the area. Rooms are not luxury. But, clean & comfy. Really good hot breakfast included. The grounds are 'woodsy' which give a resort-like feel. I didn't use the pool/spa/work-out room this time, but looks nice. I'll definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Wes B
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Wes B,

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed all our hotel has to offer. I sincerely hope you are able to enjoy our pool area during your next visit and get to enjoy our poolside service provided by Brendans.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

This was our second stay at the Palm Gardens -- and what a difference from our last visit. While the grounds are lovely and well kept up, the room was infested with ants, the wrong sheets were on the bed and kept coming off in the night, the AC was very loud, clicking on and off waking us several times. The room was worn, and there were several extension cords snaking haphazardly around the edges of the room. Most of the problems seemed the result of either poor housekeeping training or supervision, and with a little effort could be fixed.

Room Tip: Try the Hampton Inn across the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jackconly
Dear Jackconly,

I am saddened to hear your most recent stay with us was not as enjoyable as your last. I sincerely apologize for the conditions of the room and assure you every available measure has been taken to correct those flaws.

San Diego, California
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Amy & Emma are absolutely amazing! They go above and beyond to make u feel welcome & at home! N the hotel grounds are to die for! The rooms r so cute n have a great set up! I will b staying at this hotel only! I highly recommend you do too!

• Stayed December 2013
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Auva,

It is a great reflection on our hotel when someone has such kind words as yours. We will make sure to pass on the glowing review of our staff's efforts and reward them appropriately.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thousand Oaks
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!