Palm Garden Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
Hyatt Regency Westlake(Westlake Village)
View Hotel
All reviewsirish pubcourtyard roomputting greenpool areahollywood suitechess gamegrocery storegreat poolwaffleson site restaurantfree breakfastbit datedgas stationrestaurant attachedhot tubfresh fruitnewbury park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2008

This is the worst hotel experience in my life.

I have been staying here, unfortunately, since Friday evening, (right now it's Monday morning) and this hotel is a dirty, flea-ridden hotel.

When we first got here, there was a spider in the room, and there's been literally tons of other bugs, including fleas and mosquitos that we've been bitten by in the room, which I am writing from right now (can't wait to get to a decent hotel next stop!).

The only reason we are here is because my husband's company booked several rooms here - - if we were paying, we would have walked out, but we have to stay here, along with the other company members.

The toilet never flushes correctly, either. The maids speak zero English.

Around 4:00 pm in the pool there are about 50 hispanic families \gather daily and use the pool, loudly. I have no idea if they are the staff people or they actually stay here, since most of the guests are caucasians.

There is a "rec room" of sorts which, I believe gets rented out to (during our stay) Latino musicians, and it's pretty loud as well.

But aside from all that, this hotel has fleas, and bugs, and I hate being here. Thank goodness we are leaving in a few hours.

I am bitten from fleas and mosquitos.

Stay away!

ETA 1: A few positive things. Whole Foods isn't that far - on Moorpark (I think) and Hillcrest. Ralphs supermarket is right next door, within walking distance. Our car did not get broken into.

ETA 2: The breakfast is terrible. Buy your breakfast from Whole Foods.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2008

We have stayed at Palm Garden several times while on medical trips. The atmosphere is somewhere between a large motel and a convention hotel. A full breakfast is included in the rate and always has hot meats, hot potatoes, cereals, eggs/egg combos, juices and make-your-own waffles. If you like a decent breakfast, as we do, this beats anything we have seen at other places and is definitely a factor in our return visits.

We had a small pet on our recent stay and the "pet rooms" are facing the freeway which was quite noisy. Other rooms we have stayed in on previous occasions did not have a noise problem. The list $30 pet charge seemed excessive, but the manager waived the charge at checkout.

We have eaten at the attached Eric's Restaurant a couple of times and the food and service are good, if a bit pricy. We generally eat dinners elsewhere.

The buildings have obviously been around for a few years and have been generally updated quite satisfactorily. We always make use of the microwave and fridge. The rooms have always been clean and tidy, although on one visit we hit the jackpot with a dozen minor defects and a phone that wouldn't accept incoming calls. We had no problem getting moved to another room after contacting the desk.

Management and staff have always been courteous and helpful and checkin/checkout have been quick and efficient.

Overall Palm Garden is a nice place to stay, although we would feel overcharged if we had paid the rack rate.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
cicmanagement, General Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2009

The start to a good day is a healthy big breakfast! We're always happy to hear compliments of our exceptional complimentary breakfasts.

Next time you stay, don't hesitate to dine at our award-winning restaurant, Eric's. We are constantly running specials so we're sure you will be able to find a delicious meal within your budget.

We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 12, 2008

I stayed at the Palm Garden Hotel for 12 nights in December. I was there as part of a business trip, and was only in my room at night, but every day I would come back to a spotless room. The pool is being remodeled, but the grounds are beautiful. They provide a hot buffet-style breakfast every day, and happy hour with 1 free drink on the weekdays. The hotel is located by a strip shopping center that includes a 24h grocery store and a Starbucks. It's an easy walk over to the grocery store. The rooms have a refrigerator and microwave, so I was able to keep a few groceries in the room with me. It is very convenient to the interstate. My room was facing the interstate, and there was some noise, but not enough to cause a problem for me. They do not have interior corridors, but I felt very safe coming back to my room at night. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

We're so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay! We strive to offer the best service and value in our class.

The breakfast and happy hour are easy to enjoy and if you sit outside on the courtyard tables overlooking the pool it is even better. Please come back soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2008

We stay here for one night with our two teenage daughters. The room was VERY clean and the whole place seemed well kept even thought there was significant upgrading in progress.

We had dinner at the on site restaurant, Eric's and were wonderfully impressed at the quality and presentation. We would recommend them highly.

Even the included breakfast was excellant with make your own waffles, a basic sellection of cereals, freshly made eggs, bacon, etc - this was NOT you typical "continental breakfast"!

We will stay there next time we pass through LA.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thanks for your awesome feedback!

One night is nice but if you stay longer next time you can try more of the menu in Eric's as well as the new Mall improvements with your daughters!

Please come back soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2008

We stayed at the Palm Garden Hotel due to a conference/meeting scheduled at the hotel; I was a bit worried about the hotel based on the fairly large numbers of negative reviews of the hotel. However, the hotel really is pretty nice. The rooms are clean, rooms spacious, beds acceptably comfortable, and the food is decent. The hotel is not particularly luxurious, but there was no real problems with our stay at all.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback. We always strive to offer the best value in our class. =)

I hope we can accommodate you on your next conference!