“It was fine”
Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Palm Garden Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed February 7, 2013

No real complaints but no real raves either . Stayed 3 nights. Used miles to pay for it so it averaged about 60 a night.

Has Full Breakfast and free papers.

Rooms recenlty remodeled, but are outside entry rooms. I know many do not like that , but it is CA and weather makes it more common.

Located just off 101.

Very nice landscaping. Nice pool and hot tub. excercise roon needs improvement. There is some remodeling under way so maybe it is in th eplan but needs a TV, increase space. Looks like they just threw some machines in a room .

Keep in mind that Thousand Oaks is a fair amount from LA proper. It is about an hour south to LAX with no traffice much longer during rush hours. Close to Reagan library and Malibu .

Would stay here again at the right price,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. It is through words such as yours that our management team can create new and more rewarding experiences for all guests of The Palm Garden Hotel.

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and morning papers. I would also like to reassure you we have made dramatic improvements to our fitness center, and hope you have the opportunity to visit us again. On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!!

Respectfully,

Michael Reardon
Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is an older property with nice facilities -- pool, gardens, bar/restaurant, and rooms with fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, and Wi-Fi. The rooms are a bit tired, but nothing off-putting, and the staff is friendly and helpful. There is a business center with Internet and printers free for guests. We found this amenity very useful. We'd stay there again anytime.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room NOT facing the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackconly
PalmGardenManager, Director of Operations at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear “Jackconly ”,

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I was happy to read that you were able to access our business center and the complimentary printers. I was very pleased to read that you definitely enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future!!

Thank you again for staying with us on during this trip to Thousand Oaks, and have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We recently stayed here on a visit to California to see our newest grandchild. I picked this hotel based on the reviews both positive and negative. We were not disappointed with our choice of hotels. We were given a renovated room at back of the property facing the courtyard and not the freeway. The room was very clean and hotel staff very helpful and friendly, we will be back to stay for future visits.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Craig F

Dear “Craig F ”,

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. Our hotel has humble beginnings but we have managed to refurbish and renovate the property to the highest standards, I was happy to read you were pleased with your stay. Congratulations on your new grandchild and we hope to see you again in the future!!

Thank you again for staying with us on during this trip to Thousand Oaks, and we sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am an event planner and recently selected the Palm Garden Hotel for my group. From start to finish the staff were professional and pleasant. They showed a keen interest and a genuine effort to make our stay enjoyable. From the new comfortable room enhancements, spacious reception and meeting areas to the well kept grounds, the week was a success. Credit must be given to Brendan's Irish Pub and Restaurant for their delicious food which we privately catered. The banquet staff were very efficient and friendly. A special thanks must go out to the Director of Sales- he worked tirelessly to ensure we were taken care of, our every request met and in doing so, secured any future business we may have in California. Well done! Thank you again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank SAW87
PalmGardenManager, Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear “SAW87 ”,

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I was happy to read that you were pleased with the service of one of our staff members, Josh. We will pass along the kind words to Josh and the rest of the sales team. On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub we truly treat every guest that walks through the door as our VIP and we sincerely hope you enjoyed your meeting with us.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Came into town to visit some friends. They been telling be about Brendan's Irish Pub that just opened so I had to check it out. I thought might as well book a room instead of crashing on my friends sofa. So I went to the desk about the rates and I found a room for a little over $100 that included free parking Wi-Fi and a hot all American Breakfast. The girl at the desk Kristen gave me a upgrade to one of the courtyard rooms. (great view of the pool wish it was summer) She also gave me a free drink coupon part of a deal that I booked. Got to my room it was dated but it looked like all the important things were new. Refrigerator, microwave, huge TV (need more channels and something with HD) and the beds were comfy. Went to Brendan's that night and it was great one of the employees explained to me how authentic the pub was and how a lot of items were imported from Ireland. The game room was awesome!!! Great good food. Next morning got up ate breakfast (Great hangover food) as most of the reviews say eggs were ehh but to have waffles was a huge +. Excellent time will come back again. Make sure to ask for a courtyard room when booking its worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Front desk told me courtyard rooms are between $10-15 more. It is worth the view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank thecaliboy619

Dear “TheCaliboy619 ”,

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I was happy to read that you were able to experience our brand new restaurant; Brendan’ Irish Pub. Brendan’s is a great restaurant and a wonderful place to meet for drinks and fun. On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub we truly treat every guest that walks through the door as our VIP and we sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms, friendly staff and an amazing restaurant next door (Brendan's Irish Pub) what more could you ask for! The property is newly renovated and the suites are beautifully decorated. They also have a shuttle to drive you around the local area which is great if everyone is drinking.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Katie H

Dear “Katie R ”,

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I was happy to read that you were happy our brand new restaurant; Brendan’ Irish Pub as well as our renovations to the rooms and suites as well!! We truly treat every guest that walks through the door as our special guest and we sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am relocating from further south in California to the Thousand Oaks area to work for a Large employer. I haven't yet found a permanent home so I drive up and stay here during the work week as it is close to my office. I chose it because it was under a $100 per night, got good reviews, and close proximity to restaurants,grocery store, the Oaks Mall, etc. I've checked around and for the money, you can't beat this place. The rooms are a bit dated, but they have flat screen TV's, nice upgraded bedding, small refrigerator, and microwave. The courtyard rooms (those looking into the nicely landscaped pool area) seem nicer. It seems like a safe location and most of the other travellers are either business folks like myself or extended family members wanting to stay near their relatives. They serve a daily hot breakfast which is much better than a plain continental breakfast (though the powder eggs get boring after awhile). Occassionally, I see what appears to be work crews eating the free breakfast, and it's funny to watch them stuff their pockets with some of the breakfast items as if they are saving them to eat later. Overall, its much better than a standard motel, but not quite what I would expect from a property that calls itself a 'hotel' (not sure what that criteria is exactly). I stayed accross the street at the Hampton for 25 dollars more (my company's rate), and the Palm Garden is a better value but again, much older. They do need to get better towels, and update the carpet. Overall, the best feature is the staff. Everyone there has always been exceptionally friendly and helpful, even the night crew (I usually arrive late). The most exceptional personnel member is Christine at the Front Desk. That young lady is outstanding and is always professional, friendly, and helpful. Because some of my expenses are company reimbursed but others not so, I've had to make special arrangements when I check in/out,the first time I stayed there, and she was extremely knowledgeable, patient, and efficient. I've had packages delivered for me there and they always give me a courtesy call. Also when my TV wasn't working, the maintenance man came up within 15 minutes to help me tune it correctly. Again, I can't say enough about the service which is important for me as this hotel is my home during my work week. Brendan's, the restaurant next door is nice place but always crowded (and the restaurant guests always take up all the best parking so that can be annoying). Nevertheles, when Brendan's does get setup for room service delivery to hotel guests, it will more than make up for the difficult parking situation. Lastly, there is a Starbuck in the same retail space, and as a SB junkie, it makes my work mornings much more pleasant as I can walk over and get my cafeine fix before I head to my office.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the Courtyard rooms. Also if you stay on the higher floors, ask to be near th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank EMarie500

Dear “EMarie500 ”,

Firstly I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. It is through words such as yours that our management team can create new and more rewarding experiences for all guests of The Palm Garden Hotel. I truly appreciate you taking the time to go into detail about your stay and this details will surely only help to improve the guest experience for all others at The Palm Garden.

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I was happy to read that you were happy with our Flat Screen TV’s, our delicious breakfast and the warm service of our staff members. We truly treat every guest that walks through the door as a VIP and we sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thousand Oaks
Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!