“Great value and a lot of fun!!!”
Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Palm Garden Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
San Diego, California
“Great value and a lot of fun!!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Came into town to visit some friends. They been telling be about Brendan's Irish Pub that just opened so I had to check it out. I thought might as well book a room instead of crashing on my friends sofa. So I went to the desk about the rates and I found a room for a little over $100 that included free parking Wi-Fi and a hot all American Breakfast. The girl at the desk Kristen gave me a upgrade to one of the courtyard rooms. (great view of the pool wish it was summer) She also gave me a free drink coupon part of a deal that I booked. Got to my room it was dated but it looked like all the important things were new. Refrigerator, microwave, huge TV (need more channels and something with HD) and the beds were comfy. Went to Brendan's that night and it was great one of the employees explained to me how authentic the pub was and how a lot of items were imported from Ireland. The game room was awesome!!! Great good food. Next morning got up ate breakfast (Great hangover food) as most of the reviews say eggs were ehh but to have waffles was a huge +. Excellent time will come back again. Make sure to ask for a courtyard room when booking its worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Front desk told me courtyard rooms are between $10-15 more. It is worth the view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank thecaliboy619
PalmGardenManager, Director of Operations at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear “TheCaliboy619 ”,

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I was happy to read that you were able to experience our brand new restaurant; Brendan’ Irish Pub. Brendan’s is a great restaurant and a wonderful place to meet for drinks and fun. On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub we truly treat every guest that walks through the door as our VIP and we sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again for staying with us on during this trip to Thousand Oaks, and we sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Simi Valley
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms, friendly staff and an amazing restaurant next door (Brendan's Irish Pub) what more could you ask for! The property is newly renovated and the suites are beautifully decorated. They also have a shuttle to drive you around the local area which is great if everyone is drinking.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Katie H
Dear “Katie R ”,

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I was happy to read that you were happy our brand new restaurant; Brendan’ Irish Pub as well as our renovations to the rooms and suites as well!! We truly treat every guest that walks through the door as our special guest and we sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am relocating from further south in California to the Thousand Oaks area to work for a Large employer. I haven't yet found a permanent home so I drive up and stay here during the work week as it is close to my office. I chose it because it was under a $100 per night, got good reviews, and close proximity to restaurants,grocery store, the Oaks Mall, etc. I've checked around and for the money, you can't beat this place. The rooms are a bit dated, but they have flat screen TV's, nice upgraded bedding, small refrigerator, and microwave. The courtyard rooms (those looking into the nicely landscaped pool area) seem nicer. It seems like a safe location and most of the other travellers are either business folks like myself or extended family members wanting to stay near their relatives. They serve a daily hot breakfast which is much better than a plain continental breakfast (though the powder eggs get boring after awhile). Occassionally, I see what appears to be work crews eating the free breakfast, and it's funny to watch them stuff their pockets with some of the breakfast items as if they are saving them to eat later. Overall, its much better than a standard motel, but not quite what I would expect from a property that calls itself a 'hotel' (not sure what that criteria is exactly). I stayed accross the street at the Hampton for 25 dollars more (my company's rate), and the Palm Garden is a better value but again, much older. They do need to get better towels, and update the carpet. Overall, the best feature is the staff. Everyone there has always been exceptionally friendly and helpful, even the night crew (I usually arrive late). The most exceptional personnel member is Christine at the Front Desk. That young lady is outstanding and is always professional, friendly, and helpful. Because some of my expenses are company reimbursed but others not so, I've had to make special arrangements when I check in/out,the first time I stayed there, and she was extremely knowledgeable, patient, and efficient. I've had packages delivered for me there and they always give me a courtesy call. Also when my TV wasn't working, the maintenance man came up within 15 minutes to help me tune it correctly. Again, I can't say enough about the service which is important for me as this hotel is my home during my work week. Brendan's, the restaurant next door is nice place but always crowded (and the restaurant guests always take up all the best parking so that can be annoying). Nevertheles, when Brendan's does get setup for room service delivery to hotel guests, it will more than make up for the difficult parking situation. Lastly, there is a Starbuck in the same retail space, and as a SB junkie, it makes my work mornings much more pleasant as I can walk over and get my cafeine fix before I head to my office.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the Courtyard rooms. Also if you stay on the higher floors, ask to be near th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank EMarie500
Dear “EMarie500 ”,

Firstly I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. It is through words such as yours that our management team can create new and more rewarding experiences for all guests of The Palm Garden Hotel. I truly appreciate you taking the time to go into detail about your stay and this details will surely only help to improve the guest experience for all others at The Palm Garden.

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I was happy to read that you were happy with our Flat Screen TV’s, our delicious breakfast and the warm service of our staff members. We truly treat every guest that walks through the door as a VIP and we sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Long Island, NY
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here on New Years Eve so there were some noise issues. We got a great deal on the hotel from hotwire. The hotel were reasonably clean, but the rooms were quite dated. There is a great pool area and they seem to have some nice amenities. The complementary breakfast was really great. There were lots of hot dishes and a waffle maker!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PalmGardenManager, Director of Operations at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear “MeganB ”,

Firstly I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. It is through words such as yours that our management team can create new and more rewarding experiences for all guests of The Palm Garden Hotel. I was happy to read that you were able to celebrate New Years Eve at our property; I surely hope you were able to experience the wonderful music of The Harry Selvin Big Band while on property!!

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I do apologize about the noise issues during your stay and on behalf of the hotel we thank you for your patience as we continue to renovate the entire property. Please come back and try us again as all of our rooms have been completely renovated and updated!!

Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The only redeeming feature of this hotel was that the staff was very nice and they were polite.
We were told that the hotel had just undergone remodeling and that it was 99% complete. We must have been unlucky enough to get one of the 1% non-remodeled rooms because our room appeared like something from 1978. There was not even a bathroom fan and that was bad news because I was suffering from some type of food poisoning and was spending a lot of time in the bathroom and on the toilet. We desperately needed an exhaust bathroom fan. While in the bathroom I also noticed several hairs (pubic and other varieties) plastered on the wall and ceiling. Seeing this made me even more ill.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I wanted an affordable, clean hotel with free wifi and a small fridge / freezer. I got it! Bed was comfy; room was clean; heater worked well. Breakfast was good and the patio was just lovely with artfully arranged plants and a pool for a backdrop. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. It wasn't 100% renovated, but obvious care had gone into the upgrades.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear “LolaSpan ”,

Firstly I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. It is through words such as yours that our management team can create new and more rewarding experiences for all guests of The Palm Garden Hotel. I was happy to read that you were very pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms, our comfortable bedding, and all of the extras that goes into a true Palm Garden experience.

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. We regularly receive high praise for our wonderful property and grounds and the delicious breakfast in the morning. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your breakfast on the patio, I agree, the pool is a lovely backdrop to enjoy your breakfast in the morning and start your day!!

Phoenix, Az.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were very pleased with the hotel as to cleanliness, sleeping accomodations, breakfasts and overall service.

Ourdaughter, living in the area had checked out several hotels in the area and recommended we stay here for overall value.

Good choice.

Room Tip: The first floor room facing the garden area was very convenient.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear “XyzJohnB ”,

Firstly I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. It is through words such as yours that our management team can create new and more rewarding experiences for all guests of The Palm Garden Hotel. I was happy to read that you were very pleased with our sleeping accommodations, breakfast and the service provided by our staff.

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. We regularly host guests from across the country for a variety of different travel plans. I am happy that your daughter recommended our hotel for your stay and even happier that you truly enjoyed yourself during your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thousand Oaks
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!