“Calm and Peacefull Stay”

Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Calm and Peacefull Stay”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I first want to say that I was a bit nervous about the hotel being a Best Western..boy was I surprised..this hotel far exceeded my expectations of a Best Western Hotel. The Thousand Oaks area is very beautiful. I was traveling with two young daughters for an engagement party. The hotel was located just off the 101 freeway and very easy to get too.
I did not realize I had only booked a room with one bed and they were very happy to give us a room with two beds for no additional charge. The room was very spacious and had all the amenities that made our stay comfortable. We had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. We had an additional vanity located outside of the bathroom which made getting ready for three women much eaisier...The girls were given the option to check out movies when we registered and they were excited to find three they really wanted to see...
Breakfast is included in the stay. It was good, hot and just what we needed, however not many options available.
I highly recommend this hotel for it's location, comfort, friendly and efficient staff and an overall comfortable stay!

Room Tip: We had the third floor away from the elevator. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anita C
fxwang, General Manager at Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
We are very pleased to have exceeded your expectations, while you and your daughters were visiting us from Mesa. Did you know that Best Western International is headquartered just a few miles away in Phoenix? Over the past few years, Best Western has made an effort to improve it's brand by raising its standards and establishing 3 descriptors: Best Western for 2-star properties, Best Western Plus for 3-star properties, and Best Western Premier for 4-star properties. We have the privilege of being Best Western Plus, and we are continually improving and upgrading our property to improve our guest experience. When you "Name Your Own Price" through Priceline, we always try to accommodate you, if a room is available.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Santa Maria, CA
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'd earned a free night say voucher to this motel by staying at BW on our vacation. The second night we got the Cal Lutheran rate because that's where our son is now going to college. The room was clean and big enough for the three of us the first night then just us two the second nt. The breakfast included in the cost was prepared hot on top of the usual continental fare. Also, there was ample seating including booths; m ore of a restaurant climate. Pool and jacuzzi at just the right temperature. Great customer service too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SanDiegobound2012
Congratulations on your son going to California Lutheran University. It is a great university with a great faculty, new facilities, and community-oriented administration. We support several programs from community service to athletics at CLU and welcome you to our family here in Thousand Oaks. The Thousand Oaks Inn is committed to the youth and education of future generations. We are here to provide you and your family with any assistance you may need over the next few years. We look forward to welcoming you back to Thousand Oaks on your next visit to CLU and the Conejo Valley.
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I booked two rooms for three nights with Priceline for a family of three and a family of four to stay at this hotel in August. I know that the Priceline terms and conditions state that Bed type requests (King, Queen, 2 Doubles, etc.) or other special requests such as a non-smoking or smoking room should be requested through your confirmed hotel, can not be guaranteed and are based on availability.

In all my years travelling and booking with Priceline, this is the first hotel to charge me an extra $20 per room per night for 2 Queen beds rather than the 1 King. The prices for the two Queen bed room is the same as the King on the Best Western website so I feel ripped off.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter W
fxwang, General Manager at Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your candid feedback on your stay. Unfortunately, the weekend of your stay was also the week of the Wings Over Camarillo Air Show, for which we were the host hotel for the 67th Annual Reunion of the 325th Air Group (famously known as the Checkertail Clan in World War II). Because of this group, the hotel was sold out of rooms with 2 beds through the weekend. We did had some last minute room changes and cancellations, that allowed us to offer you an upgrade to a Deluxe room with 2 queen beds, which is 20% LARGER than the standard king that came through Priceline.

In the future, we recommend that you contact the hotel immediately upon making your Priceline reservation to make any special requests.
California
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Nothing wrong with this place, nothing great either. Value wise is decent especially if you're looking for a solid bed and on business within the area. Feel ok recommending it to people in similar situations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Canterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here to attend a family wedding. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the breakfast was very good. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. We had a very relaxing stay, good location. I would highly recommend this hotel. We plan on going back to visit family and will stay at this hotel for certain.

Room Tip: I don't think any room was any better than the other. This was a great stay and would highly re...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My job requires extensive travel which means I stay in hotels 2 to3 nights per week. By virtue of this, I have stayed at quite a few Best Western hotels and have earned some bonus stays.
Typically, I make my reservations online but since I had just received a free night voucher it was necessary for me to make my reservations through the main number. ther was a miscommunication and the nights were mixed up. When I arrived at the hotel, Mayra, the manager on duty, went above and beyond to make sure I had accommodations even though it was a "free" night. Whenever I stay in Thousand Oaks , you can be assured I will be staying at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Thousand Oaks Inn

Room Tip: Forth floor seems to be the preference here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Orange, California, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The big thing I really appreciated about our recent stay at the Thousand Oaks Inn was the attention paid to all the little things. Fresh drinking water near the front desk. A shower cap for my wife (a surprisingly rare hotel commodity). Free, hot breakfast in the morning (with multiple options). Having stayed at many, many hotels for business and pleasure, I know how those little things add up. I would highly recommend staying at the Thousand Oaks Inn if you happen to be in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County
Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!