“Great sleep for cheap”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Phoenix, Arizona, Usa
“Great sleep for cheap”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting grandparents in Westlake and Camarillo. Hotel was located right in between and just off the freeway. The rates were great and we loved the huge bed and tons of pillows. They were in the process of remodeling, so I can imagine it being even nicer in the future. Will Definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed July 14, 2014

W travel a lot and will be using La Quinta more. We are not going to us any Agency like Hotels.com, Booking Buddy, etc. You are better off finding the motel you want and you can check out early without them keeping your money. These agencies are a rip off. All chains have deals for free rooms. This hotel we would stay at again. It is well kept. They could clean the outside areas better and light them up. Breakfast was well presented, staff was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Frank A
Arizona
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel is in a good location and it accepts pets. That is all it has going for it. I've stayed at several other La Quinta's and this one does not meet the same standards as the others. Upon checking in to our room we found grapes and a plastic eating utensil left on the floor. On closer inspection it is obvious that housekeeping does not do a thorough vacuuming; dust and particles could be seen all around the perimeter of the room and beds. Two fleas crawled around on the mirror as I was getting ready in the morning. Not too bad I guess considering what I've read below about an infestation in another room! The toilet paper holders could use a good scrubbing too. Gross! When I told the attendant at the check in/check out desk about the lack of cleanliness, he apologized. No second chances, I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank WorldTravelerArizona

Travelers are raving about these Thousand Oaks hotels

Palm Desert, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you have pets and young children, great place to stay. Pool area is clean. If you don't want to be near the animals (many dogs), ask to stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Breakfast is great and included in the price. Rooms are adequate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Lahaina, HI
Reviewed June 14, 2014

While we appreciate having the pet policy, the room was not as clean as should of been, and obviously the pet owner section is not as well maintained. Carpets stained, didn't smell the best, but beds are fine, and the bathroom was clean.

The management was average and overall it was just an ok place. I would try for somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Perhaps the poolside rooms would be more pleasant.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GoodTimeBillyPeaches
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Horrible experience. My room was infested with fleas. I spent sleepless nights picking the fleas off my dog. Both of us were covered in bites. I had to take her to the vet. The manager promised to reimburse me the costs if I provided receipts. I gave them everything they asked for, and NEVER got reimbursed. That was six months ago! I've sent them letter after letter and got no response. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

Every morning I brought a cup of the pickin's down to the front desk as evidence. First night I removed a minimum of 100 fleas. Second night, another 100, third night maybe 80 fleas. Sleepless painful nights. My entire suitcase and car became infested as well! I'll spare you the photos of my bites and the ones on my dog's private areas. The lack of integrity in failing to pay the vet bill gets them this rating!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo