La Quinta Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks Newbury Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel(Thousand Oaks)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Hyatt Regency Westlake(Westlake Village)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2008

To begin with the desk-clerk too very friendly and could not tell us about any restraunts, movie theaters, or malls within the local area. She stated she just started working there and was unfamiliar with the area. At a minimum, her manager should have provided her new employee with a list of local places printed on a piece of paper so that she could have been of some assistance. When we got to our 2 Queen bed room, it was musty inside and very cramped. One of the beds was pushed up right against the wall so the person laying closest to the wall had to scoot to the end of the bed to get out. My husband, son, and I all had several spider bites upon waking in the morning. A little creepy. We had a King Suite just three weeks earlier which was comfortable, clean, and had met our approval. I guess it's hit and miss with this hotel. Also, this was the second time their Juccuzzi was unusable. The water was so hot that when my son jumped in, he screemed, jumped out quickly, and was litterally red on the part of his legs that went under the water. My husband and I then tested it and immediately informed the front desk that the jaccuzzi needed to be shut off and off limits before someone got seriously injured. They responded a few hours later, probably after receiving more complaints, by taping a paper note to the jacuzzi rail saying "do not use". When we returned to this hotel 3 weeks later, we experienced the same thing again. It still had not been fixed and the note was taken down. All the adults who came out to use it just sat around it and talked about how the staff had ignored their complaints about it. My husband and I, once again, went to the front desk and informed them they were asking for a lawsuit if they didn't shut off the jaccuzzi. I was affraid it would be just a matter of time before something tragic would happen. Again, they shut it down and placed a paper sign on the rail. In addition, there were no towels in the pool area, all day. When the manager came out to shut down the jaccuzzi, several adults asked politely if she could get some towels out in the pool area. She responded by saying her staff was "busy". Nice management! Overall, I would not use this hotel again until it's under new management, the jacuzzi is fixed, and the hotel bugs are exterminated. It has lots of potential with the right management!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2008

On a recent trip to visit the Ronald Reagan Museum in Simi Valley, my family wanted to bring our two medium sized dogs. Most hotels who allowed dogs had a size limit of 35 lb. La Quinta Inn had no size limit at all. Best of all, they did not charge any extra fee for bringing the dogs.

We booked three rooms and stayed for two nights. The hotel is true to it's word about being dog friendly, and they had a nice area where the dogs could "do their business". There were plenty of places nearby to walk the dogs without any problems. The hotel is conveniently located, right off the highway, and close to fast food restaurants (In and Out burger just down the street).

We had two slight problems, (the hot tub was way too hot to use) and one morning, there was no hot water for a shower), but the staff was very accommodating and the problem with the hot water was fixed quickly.

The hotel offers a nice breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausages, etc) and we ate there both days which saved us money.

For those of you with dogs who are looking for a clean, pet friendly place to stay, I would highly recommend La Quinta Inn.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2008

We had to move out of our home for a day or two while some repairs were being done, but we have a big black lab. I called several hotels before making the reservations & not only did La Quinta allow pets but there was no surcharge or deposit required. This hotel is also quite close to the local Mall and several restaurants. I requested a room close to the parking lot & on the first floor (allowing us to take the dog out without disturbing the other hotel guests.) We arrived early but the room was ready and exactly as requested. The desk receptionist was friendly & efficient and there was a free continental breakfast included in the room price. Usually these are not very good but this had the usual cereals, bagels, juice, fruit and also scrambled eggs & sausages. The hotel was very clean & although the rooms are not large it was more than adequate for us. We are planning a cross country trip sometime this year & I will be checking for La Quinta Hotels on our route.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank spikeandchopper
Reviewed September 27, 2007

This motel was very satisfactory for our 5-night stay. We booked at a website that held the name of the hotel blind until the reservation was booked and paid. I consider it a good value for the price paid. The room was clean, the bed comfortable – what more do you need? Our room appears to have been recently updated and featured granite countertops in the bathroom. The complimentary breakfast was better than some and inferior to others. The wireless internet worked, but was painfully slow at times. The business center was closed during our stay, which did pose a problem in that I could not print documents. The front desk was cordial, but by no means helpful or friendly. The location is very convenient and the area feels safe. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rlbintegrity
Reviewed August 12, 2007

This is one of those hotels that is just OK. Not great but not bad either. The room felt a little bit old. Old furniture and old carpet. We found a beer can on the foor from the previous room tenent. My biggest complaint would be that we has a room with 2 double beds and the space between the end of the beds and the furniture on the opposite wall was way too small. We felt very cramped in this room as a family of 4. Floor space was so sparce that I had to place my suitcase on top of the cabinet that held the television so that we had room to walk on the floor! The free breakfast was nothing to get excited over. Just dry cereal and celephane wraped bagels that you can toast. The only thing that was nice about the breakfast was the do-it-yourself waffles. If you have kids, they will enjoy making their own waffles using the automated waffle maker. Overall I would say this is an OK hotel for when you are passing through town on your way through town but I would not want to stay here for 2 or more nights. This used to be a Holiday Inn thats been changed to a La Quinta Inn.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family