We decided to stop partway between LA and Ventura when I ran the Mountains2Beach Half Marathon. The previous year we drove the whole way and because the event is on Memorial Day weekend, we suffered in a lot of traffic.
Thousand Oaks was a logical place to stop, even though it's most of the way to Ventura. It turned out to be the peaceful, low-key place I'd planned on. We like the Marriott brand and particularly Courtyard. Most of our experiences with it have been very positive. The good reviews here were accurate. Everything was clean, up-to-date and pleasant. The hotel is on a side-road of 101 but we heard no traffic noise. There is quite a lot of distance to the highway and the hotel is set back more than the others along that road.
There are some restaurants walking distance but if you drive just a little (a couple of exits down the highway to the main part of T.O.) there are much better ones.
We would stop here again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Thousand Oaks California, the new Courtyard Marriott Thousand Oaks is l mile from Stagecoach Inn Museum and within a few miles of Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, Ronald Reagan Library, Camarillo Premium Outlets and the Strawberry Festival. Malibu Beach, Ventura Beach, Santa Monica Mountains and Channel Islands are all within 20 miles of the hotel. The Courtyard Cafe serves breakfast and dinner. Enjoy the outdoor pool or a beverage in the Courtyard Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Thousand Oaks Hotel Thousand Oaks
- Courtyard By Marriott 1000 Oaks
- Courtyard Thousand Oaks
- Marriott Thousand Oaks
- Thousand Oaks Marriott
- Thousand Oaks Courtyard