All reviewsfront desksofa bedwatch tvwalking distanceparking lotfreeway closeone night staycomfortable stayexcellent customer servicethe staff was friendly and helpfulfitness centervery nice hotelexcellent staycomplimentary breakfastnewbury parkyogurtmarriott
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed in November on the way to Santa Barbara. Had just flown in from the east coast. The facility is very easy to get to, and the building is beautiful. The room was perfect and all was in its usual Marriott order. Definitely would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: doesn't matter…. we always request top floor, then we do not have to be concerned with those people who like to tromp around when others are sleeping!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
AmandaParrish, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for the TERRIFIC review about our Thousand Oaks hotel. Our team at the Thousand Oaks Courtyard truly takes pleasure in providing excellent customer service and reading these awesome reviews.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Thousand Oaks.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

What a terrific surprise to encounter the best customer service I have experienced to date at a three-star hotel in Thousand Oaks, CA!!

Late for an appt, I found my car battery completely dead. Having no phone, I hoped that the front desk would permit me to use theirs to call Budget Rent A Car's roadside assistance. Instead, Jesus (Engineer) met me at the front desk and called Budget on his personal cell on my behalf. Identifying himself as an employee of the hotel who was representing a guest, he completely resolved the issue for me. It was not even necessary for me to personally speak to Budget. As if that wasn't impressive enough, realizing it would cost $57 for roadside maintenance to come to me, Jesus enlisted co worker, Jeremy, and the two recharged the car's battery. Both refused a tip, despite the fact that I offered it repeatedly. The ultimate in customer service is when one resolves an issue that ultimately has nothing to do with the hotel itself. That's impressive service! Thank you Jesus and Jeremy!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelWithMeaning

Thank you for taking the time to tell the Trip Advisor community about your stay at our hotel recently. We constantly strive to WOW our guests and it seems that Jesus and Jeremy did a great job of exceeding your expectations. I am so happy that we were able to help you with your car and take care of the problem to ensure you made it to work safely. We look forward to seeing you again when you have the opportunity to return to Thousand Oaks.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

After recently staying at the Thousand Oaks Courtyard Marriott, we realized we left a couple of items behind in our hotel room. The staff was so helpful in locating and returning our stuff. Adriana and Mike Webster were key in making this happen. This is the kind of attention I appreciate when staying in a hotel. Thank you!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Thousand Oaks.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed 1 night at the rate of $150 + tax booked off the Marriott website.

It's a standard Marriott Courtyard and lives up to the brand. The bar is open and does food until 9:00pm. I had a burger and it's one of the better burgers I have ever had in a hotel bar! There are other restaurants within walking distance.

Room was standard Marriott standard with free wifi which worked well. I arrived just before 9:00pm and left at 7:00am so did have a lot of time to experience it.

I'd happily stay there again and probably will.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
MichaelWebster, VP Operations at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We have a great team in Thousand Oaks and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Not far from Malibu with reasonable price. Staff at front desk, Adriana, was very accommodating with late check out for Malibu Marathon. Clean rooms. Nice view of the courtyard. Needed a good night's sleep for the marathon the next morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to tell the Trip Advisor community about your great stay at our hotel recently. We constantly strive to WOW our guests and do a great job of exceeding your expectations. We are very close to Malibu, Ventura and have many local attractions including Ronald Reagan Library, Gardens of the World, Camarillo Outlets and Ventura Harbor. We look forward to seeing you again when you have the opportunity to return to Thousand Oaks.