All reviewsfront desksofa bedwatch tvwalking distanceparking lotfreeway closeone night staycomfortable stayexcellent customer servicethe staff was friendly and helpfulfitness centervery nice hotelexcellent staycomplimentary breakfastnewbury parkyogurtmarriott
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This hotel was very clean and quiet. Room was spacious enough, beds were comfortable, clean linens and clean room, flat screen tv. Staff was professional and courteous. Bathroom was clean. The heat worked great. I have no complaints about this hotel and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
DonnaOntiveros, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm so please you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back and next time we'll be sure to get you a room on the top (3rd) floor.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I very much liked our stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Thousand Oaks. It's a well-maintained property with a very helpful and courteous staff. We had the outdoor pool and hot tub all to ourselves. Bed and room were very clean and comfortable. The made-to-order omelettes and waffles were excellent at breakfast (not included in the price). We stayed over the New Year's weekend for the Rose Bowl, and couldn't have enjoyed it more. It's a little out of the way, but in relatively decent proximity to many nice areas on the northern end of the LA metro area. It's also in close proximity to many local service businesses. There's a Chili's restaurant on the hotel's outlot. The adjacent strip mall has a billiard's club, an Italian restaurant, and Holdren's Steakhouse, which we went to for New Year's Eve, and had a very good steak dinner. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Maybe try to get on the top floor. The people above us sounded like they were doing gymnastics in clogs about 7:30 am to 9:30 am.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in town for the Rose Bowl. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

The hotel is the newest in the area, the lobby is very nice as were the staff. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were child size. I had booked for two nights and decided I would leave a day early (no refund because it was booked through a third party) and get more rest by driving home 200 miles. The television was at an odd angle to the bed, when you faced it towards the bed to view lying down... the person on the wall side of the bed had only a half view of the screen. There was a couch situated directly in front of the TV but the cushion was so stiff that it was not a consideration. In fairness to the hotel, the TV situation may have been due to our room being located in one of the buildings corners. This may have changed the layout, I'm not sure.

Room Tip: Ask to see a floor plan of the room available.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear your stay was less than perfect. Should we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel I would personally like to meet you and make sure your room is completely comfortable. The 37" flat screens are new so perhaps some adjustments need to be made to the placement. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Again, I appreciate the time you took, we hope to have another chance to show you the comfort and service in which Courtyard's are known.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I came with a friend to California for a weekend off school. I was to meet another friend around the area and decided to go to this hotel. My issues were that it should have easy access to the freeway, close the restaurants and just a comfortable and affordable place to stay.

We arrived at about 7:30-8:00pm, and despite the 3pm reservation, our room was still there. I didn't think it was a busy weekend, though. Check-in was no problem, at all. Complimentary coffee was available at the area near the desk but I didn't feel the need for caffeine at night - just food, TV and sleep. Checked the room for cleanliness and any issues - all was in order and good. Our room was in the first floor, near the back, close to the back door, so I could park our rental car directly outside of our room easily. No issues with noise or anything, other than this person who got in a little late and was a bit noisy. I don't know if the rooms aren't soundproof enough to hold off hallway noise, but it wasn't a big issue. No issues with highway noise, either, at least in that side of the hotel.
Complimentary toiletries were good, too, for people like me who forget to pack toothpaste and lotion and such, you know TSA-check-in-bags-restricted stuff.

In 5 minutes, you can get on the highway and zoom off to wherever area in LA you want to go. Food places are plenty in the area, In-N-Out, Chili's, Jersey Mike's and Ameci's Pizza and Pasta.

Room was comfortable enough - reserved a two queen-bed room. The aircon was a little noisy, but that weekend really didn't need it, so increasing the temperature a tad solved the problem. Beds were comfortable and nice, with lots of pillows. The duvet was too thin (I can't even call it that, more like a thick blanket), but not needed as well, so the stay was comfortable. Internet connection was good - speedy enough for regular internet surfing. I could even take out my iPad and go to the car and still have reception - although, beyond that, obviously, the internet was cut off.

Breakfast buffet for $9.99 sounded reasonable to me, although I didn't have time to have breakfast for an early adventure in LA. Check out was quick and easy, too. And $99 for a two bed for this quality can't be beat in the area, in my opinion.

I enjoyed my stay and will definitely come back to Courtyard the next time I am in Cali, even if it's an hour drive to downtown LA.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2011

It's close to my work... but I wish it was cleaner.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank billp25
DonnaOntiveros, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you do not feel the hotel is meeting your standards for cleanliess. Although I'm sure you have a reason to feel that way, in actuality our hotel has some of the highest Housekeeping scores in the Courtyard brand usually ranking in the low to mid 30s out of more than 800 Courtyard's.

It is my hope that the next time you stay with us you will give me the benefit of knowing exactly what you think you could some improvement. I would sincerely welcome the conversation.