“Light, fresh, cozy little Italian spot”

Marcello Ristorante
Ranked #10 of 230 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Been coming here for 20 years now. Never had a bad meal. Great fish, light pastas, always a good choice.

1  Thank Foosh9

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and i go to this restaurant when we go to the Muvico movies, which are very close. The service is always good, and the food is excellent. The owners of this restaurant are from Italy, so the food is a cut above the average Italian restaurant. Most often, I have the pasta or fish; the salmon with pesto is excellent. My husband wishes they had beers on tap, but beyond that, not too much to complain about. As it's in a strip mall, you have to know about it. A friend from work took me there for lunch, and I have been there many times since.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very friendly staff. Nice atmosphere.

The bread and tomato/basil/pine nut dip was delicious!!

We shared a half bottle of wine which was lovely although I think you can also just get house wine which may be worth trying, we didn't realise until later.

We shared a salad special which was really good but a little too much balsamic vinegar (it just made the last few bits of salad be soaked in it) not enough to complain though. My husband had the gnocci special which was deliecious but very rich & creamy/cheesy, there is a normal tomato based gnocci if you want something lighter.
I had the braised lamb shank which was very tender and fell off the bone, however, it could have been a little tastier. It was served on a bed of pasta and would have worked better with mash to absorb all the jus. Having said that, lamb shank isn't what I'd normally go for in an italian so I take the blame. I love pasta and shouls have gone for that, delicious fresh pasta is hard to beat.

I advise you visit but go for the specials, pasta or pizza.

1  Thank Nia V
Reviewed October 6, 2012

When we go to Marcello's we have show a bit of restraint; otherwise I would fill up on the awesome tomato tempenade served right as you are seated. Someday, I'll order off the menu, but the specials always sound so incredible. My last dinner was a slow braised boneless short rib over creamy polenta. Nice wine selection.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Elegant and relaxing. Professional staff. Quaint and beautiful. Outside seating available against a backdrop of glistening lights and rose bush hedge, under market umbrellas. Excellent wines. Their butter lettuce salad is to die for! My husband and I never share our salads! Delicious crusty bread, too. All 4 of us love going there, and that says a lot.