“Great take out” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newbury Park, California
“Great take out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

After searching for decent Mexican food since moving to the area from Fresno, our search may be over. We were impressed with fresh wholesome flavor and heavy packaging for take out food. The carne asada was the best I have ever had, in or out of the restaurant. The chili verde and colorado burrito was excellent for my choosey wife. We will dine in next time around. The staff seems attentive, polite and efficient.

• Visited August 2013

California City, California
“Best Authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The best most authentic Mexican food in town. The ceviche is amazing! Very friendly service. The beans and rice are super good too - honestly not all mexican restaurants know how to make beans and rice. The Margaritas are good but pay a couple extra dollars and get the Cadillac that drink will do the trick.

• Visited July 2013
Boulder City, Nevada
“Awful Margaritas”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

First, the good: The guys working there were friendly, and the food portions were reasonable.

Now, the bad: The margaritas, such as they were, were not worth half of the $8+ they cost.

I freely admit to being something of a margarita snob, having put a fair amount of effort into my own recipe. With that said, I don't really expect much when I have one in a restaurant, so I'm not easily disappointed. I had a serious jones for my favorite tequila concoction and finally found a place with more than a beer/wine license in Thousand Oaks (harder than you would think). I know better than to expect fresh lime juice or Cointreau, but I admit at that price point I was hoping for better than bottom-shelf tequila and store-brand sweet-and-sour. Consider those hopes dashed. When I switch to ice water after one, that's a bad margarita. Oh well.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Service and Food were Great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were in the mood for mexican and were excited to try this place. The service was great and the server was very helpful. The salsa was a touch spicy, which my husband liked but I thought was good. My husband had the a chicken burrito and I had fajita's. The vegs and amount of food was perfect. The menu was very extensive. You could get wings or burgers, if you had someone who wasn't excited about mexican food in your party. Good place for kids and the family.

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles
“Seafood Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Dos Amigos is a fairly typical Mexican-style restaurant in its decor and traditional combo plates. But, unlike most, they specialize in seafood and do a great job. Three kinds of fish tacos, several seafood entrees including soups, and even whole fish served several ways (deep fried is my fav). The margaritas were tasty and smooth, even though they didn't seem generous with the tequila. My wife is a chilie relleno freak and says Dos Amigos' version is one of the best she's had. Our service was top rate, almost too good to fully enjoy each serving. Nothing really too special here but we'll definitely give it another try.

• Visited January 2013