“Good sushi” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Moorpark, California
“Good sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

You find good sushi and other very authentic Japanese food here. The servers are very friendly and the place is clean and simple. Their hot pots with udon are very good , too.

Thousand Oaks, California
“Great surprise for vegetarians”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

I went to this restaurant with half hearted as I did not want to disappoint my hubby who was longing to taste sushi. I am not great fan of Sushi and I tried once in S'pore which I quite did not like. The quantity of one full meal serves two people easily(provided you don't eat very big portions). They took hell lot of time to make and I kept cursing them for not having any seat anywhere. They almost took 30 min to make the platter but the wait was worth it. Everything was good from soup, starter, sushi and rice. I would love to go back. They should have some arrangement for waiting customers. I know it can get crowded on special events like Feb 14th!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Southern California
“longtime customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have been going here for 17 years. Always hard working people ther and prompt service. Good sushi.

Camarillo, California
“Delicious Japanese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Small restaurant in a shopping mall. The food is always fresh and always good. The service is always very good, too.

I am not a sushi eater, but my family does enjoy ordering sushi there. It is very fresh.

Calabasas, California
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

Once again Akio's was perfect. Ever single bite was heaven and you could tell how fresh everything was. We truly love coming here because of their excellent customer service and great memory of what we like each time we come. Akio is such a character and it is a lot of fun to sit at the bar and watch him in action. I would say my favorites (keep in mind that I usually order cooked items due to that fact that I don't really care for sushi) are: 1991, san-san roll (not sure of spelling), cookies and seared tuna. My husband absolutely loves albacore and salmon skin rolls...and basically the rest of the menu as well.

• Visited December 2011