“As predictable as you expect from Mimi's”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #52 of 225 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 9, 2013

When I'm with a large group and looking for a brunch option, guaranteed someone will say 'Let's go to Mimi's". It is never my favorite choice for brunch option but the food is fairly good and they provide many options to satisfy members of a large group. I ordered the avocado BLT omelette and did find it to be tasty. More avocado would have been nice. One thing that always seems to happen when they're trying to service a large group - this time, we had 13 - they always seem to mess up one order or forget a couple of items.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good place to eat and unwind before getting back on the freeway. They used to give a delicious carrot raisin bread in their complimentary bread basket, but however we were informed that they no longer include it. The waitress was kind enough to offer us a free muffin, which we enjoyed very much. The service was great and fast. We were refreshed and back on the road in no time.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Foot is good, nice atmosphere, great food value for your money, sometimes you get coupons in the mail

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I hate to call out a local restaurant but this place is really just an average food spot. I went yesterday unwillingly (outvoted 3-1) but was able to demonstrate to the others why we should not return.
Their menu selection is reminiscent of what Coco's used to have and is not very imaginary nor inspiring. Probably the best item they have is the selection of soups which are ok. I had the Tomato / Basil Bisque while another had the more traditional French Onion. Not bad but I probably could have doctored up a can of Campbells to taste the same.
After the soups, it went downhill. Their "3 course Meal" for dinners gives you an appetizer (soup or salad), an entree, and a dessert, One of us had the sirloin...even after the waitress confessed that the cut of meat for that dish is substandard compared to the regular menu item. Buyer beware as the dish was like overcooked shoe leather. It was about as big as a thumb and middle finger coming together to make a circle....maybe slightly larger. Go ahead....try that..... Yep....that was the entree.
Another in the party had the Cobb Salad. It would have been fairly good if the lettuce wasn't frozen. I think they should check their fridge temp.
I had the Fettuccini with scallops and hrimp skewer. These are fresh frozen and cooked up. Not French at all and not very appetizing.
Instead of having one person that doesn't care for this place anymore (me)....we now have 3 additional.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stopped for brunch and the food tasted good. The table was not clean, however. There were crumbs on the tabletop. The interior also needs some TLC. The vinyl of the booth had a tear in the seam, the paint on the walls was chipped, and the ceiling tiles show water damage and have mold on them.