“Restaurant in sad decline”
Review of Corrigan's

Corrigan's
Ranked #135 of 213 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Newbury Park
“Restaurant in sad decline”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I went there for the Marine Corps birthday with my Marine husband and a friend. In the past it was always busy on November 10th and the service was friendly and the food acceptable as we always had the S.O.S. This year we were sadly disappointed. The place was not packed as it was in years past but my husband, dressed in in Marine Corps Blues, was ignored from the moment we arrived. The only person that greeted us and made any attempt to seat us was a busboy. Once seated we did not get any attention from any waitress for almost 20 minutes. A patron at the bar called us to the waitresses attention and he offered to buy us drinks for my husband's service to our country. We were told the prime rib was the best around and rarely on the menu, so I ordered it. Of course the S.O.S. was also ordered. The prime rib was overcooked, and had no flavor, the steak our friend ordered was under-done and the soup that she ordered, did not arrive until the entrees arrived. It was impossible to get the wait staff's attention as they were busy chatting with other employees at the bar. We will never go there again which is sad as it was the one place in town that used to have great regard for the armed services and was a nice place to go in the past. I would not recommend this to anyone who wants more than a quick drink at the bar.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank SgtWife

Thousand Oaks, ca
“Beware of Corrigans”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was a food server at this restaurant. My family wanted to come and eat while I was working there and I told them it was not safe. You know the potatoe sides tree that is brought out; well I was taught when u bus the table u just top of the butter, Sc, and chives. Basically swapping germs with everyone. Oh, don't drink the water. It is stored in the little closet with swinging doors in a 5 gallon bucket. Servers dip their dirty hands in to fill up the water jug. Ice is likewise kept any ice remaining at the closing time gets called drinking water for the next day. In the kitchen everyone from the alcoholic owner to the lowliest slave to the alcoholic owner can be seen eating food. Salads are prepared by the servers who never wash their hands in hot soapy water after bussing a table. There simply is no time as the owner is standing there screaming at you to wait on the tables.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank Shelly S
Simi Valley, California
“Food & Service OK atmosphere dated.”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

OK is all we could really report. Decent food, service & value - not likely to recommend or return.

Visited September 2011
Moorpark, California
“Mmm Mmm, bloody wonderful steaks in the morning”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Breakfast impuse stop, never been before will go back for sure. Funky OLD style place right out of the black / white movies. Beef was perfectly cooked just the way I like it, very taisty & tender. Good serving size, overall good value.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank rockrotator2016
Pioneer, California
“The best rib eye ever”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

They do know how to cook meat. I had the big 'ol rib-eye steak and it came just as I asked it to be cooked (medium). It is a cowboy haunt, so don't be a wussy; I call it ambiance. The salad was just a salad and the large baked potato came with a small lazy susan filled with chives, butter, and sour cream. Where else can you see someone wearing a 10 gallon cowboy hat in California?

• Visited February 2011