“Decent but SO many flies”
Review of Stonefire Grill

Stonefire Grill
Ranked #8 of 222 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My daughter and I split the small garden salad with grilled chicken, and while it was plenty of food for 2 people, it was bland. The chicken was hardly seasoned and the vegetables were not very crisp, which leads me to think the greens are not kept cold enough in the kitchen. This was my first experience with this chain and I was surprised at how busy it was (there was a long takeout line). The best thing about the meal was the breadsticks, they were great. Maybe the pizza is better but I was so put off by all the flies in that place I'm not likely to give it a second chance.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Not normally into self ordering/self seating places, but the food here more than makes up for it. Don't order the "large" size or you'll be eating salads for a week!!! Perfectly done food, nice help from the staff. Will be going back time and time again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a surprise, so we did not know what kind of restaurant this was, the name was familiar so we gave it a try...

So we walked in and could tell this is not a normal place, we approached the host, and we asked for a table for two. The host tells us to order from the menu and 1st and find a seat and they bring the food to us...ok very different!

We decided on a small chopped Salad with Chicken and the house vinaigrette dressing. And also a small Stonefire Grill Pizza that has Pesto, cheese, red onions, and avocado. We asked for no onions, no problem.

We sat got out drinks at the soda station, got our plates, silverware, and napkins...the food was there quickly! We really enjoyed everything. Tasted great, the pizza crust was awesome! The salad was yummy. Overall just what we wanted a casual, quick and tasty place to eat!!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had to serve ourselves - the prices are high, the pizza is doughy. Nothing here to make me want to return.

1  Thank whocareswhoiam
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The food here is fresh and delicious. If you arrive and see a line out the door, don't run away, it doesn't take long for them to get your through and the food is worth the wait.